PDA

View Full Version : Too dang hot in WA state

tommyjo
08-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Hey bribella(Robin), I am about to die from the heat this summer, how are you and kids doing? I dont have AC, moved here from AZ and refused to have it installed(15 years ago), I am now wondering of I made a bad call, LOL.
Anyone else in WA state having a problem with the heat? I live in Birch Bay, on the bay wirhin 4 miles of Ca, and it is dang hot.

Sher

bribella
08-06-2005, 07:38 PM
I know what you mean it has been soo hot and we have no a/c either :( I keep wishing for rain. I'm in bremerton:)

netsis61
08-06-2005, 08:35 PM
I agree- this is just too dang hot. No A/C here either. The weatherman said tonight this was the 22nd day of our 'lil heat wave. The night's are the worst- I just can't sleep good when it doesn't cool down. I grew up here in WA though and thre's alot of good things to say about the state. Go explore our different enviroments here. Check out the mountains,(Mount Rainier National Park) the rainforest, (Olimpic National Park) the Coastline, (Long Beach) etc...Just to mention a few places.
I live about 20 miles south of Seattle.

bribella
08-06-2005, 09:41 PM
I agree- this is just too dang hot. No A/C here either. The weatherman said tonight this was the 22nd day of our 'lil heat wave. The night's are the worst- I just can't sleep good when it doesn't cool down. I grew up here in WA though and thre's alot of good things to say about the state. Go explore our different enviroments here. Check out the mountains,(Mount Rainier National Park) the rainforest, (Olimpic National Park) the Coastline, (Long Beach) etc...Just to mention a few places.
I live about 20 miles south of Seattle.
I grew up here too mainly in snohomish county, moved to minnesota a few times. I love this state :) the rain,coffee,microbrews,mountains its all good.

Shann
08-06-2005, 10:08 PM
no a/c? :eek: :( I've never been to WA, but just couldn't imagine not having a/c, but I get really sick. I hope the weather cools down for you all. It's been in the mid 90's here and feels so good! (a lot better than 110+) :D *doing a rain dance* there, now it should come. ;)

Angel Lips
08-07-2005, 02:29 AM
Id die if i didnt have my a/c. Im not from WA either..here in Pa we've been suffering some heat waves ourselves..this weekend we are actually down to the high 80's..but we need rain so badly. Try and stay cool everyone

tiahana
08-07-2005, 03:48 AM
I know it's been hot here in the upper 90's all week. I am about 4 miles from the Washington border on the Idaho side. I hope it starts to cool down.

tngirl
08-07-2005, 04:14 AM
Ok guys....up in WA state just what do you consider hot? My nephew is on Whidby Island (sp?)

bribella
08-07-2005, 03:20 PM
I consider anything over 75 hot lol

tngirl
08-07-2005, 03:23 PM
OMG!! try 100 degrees with 80% humidity, then come and cry on my shoulder! lol :rolleyes:

bribella
08-07-2005, 03:46 PM
i lived in minnesota for awhile and it get pretty hot in the summer

tigger4
08-08-2005, 06:57 AM
no a/c? :eek: :( I've never been to WA, but just couldn't imagine not having a/c, but I get really sick. I hope the weather cools down for you all. It's been in the mid 90's here and feels so good! (a lot better than 110+) :D *doing a rain dance* there, now it should come. ;)

There aren't many people here who have central a/c. It doesn't usually get this hot. I was in Portland this weekend and it was in the 90's. They said here in the Seattle area it would be near 90 for at least the next week or two. :(

Shann
08-08-2005, 10:37 AM
There aren't many people here who have central a/c. It doesn't usually get this hot. I was in Portland this weekend and it was in the 90's. They said here in the Seattle area it would be near 90 for at least the next week or two. :(

Oh wow, that's nice though. I'm from Iowa and it was usually in the 90's, sometimes would get into the 100's during the summer, add to that all that humidity and OMG! I didn't grow up w/ central air, but I don't care where I live, I will ALWAYS have it. ;) Now I'm in Vegas and would be one cranky person if we didn't have it. It's not too bad right now, we're in monsoon season so our temps are in the 90's as opposed to the 100's, we had a good run of 110+ days, but really no humidity, whoo hoo! :D That's my kind of weather. hehe.

KarlaJorge
08-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Wow, how could you complain, I would love that weather. We have been here in the 100's for weeks.

In fact going to visit Seattle in a couple days. Please suggest clothing for us. gonna pack my bags today and tomorrow. I have (2) kids 2 and 5 going with us, would we need long sleeves or jackets for evenings??