PDA

View Full Version : I'm so scared!

Aloha from paradise
08-03-2005, 11:46 PM
We just found out that my husband of 32 years has a 56 percent of having prostate cancer. He went in to see the doctor in December because he thought he had a prostate infection. They put him on Cipro and it brought the numbers down some. Then after a month off of the Cipro his count went up to a 12. I think it should be between 2.3. So on the 18th he is having a biospy done. They will take samples from 8-9 different places on his prostare. Then we wait another full week for the results. I thought all these years he was having a prosate check when he saw the doctor but he didn't. He's only 52 years old. The doctor told him with a count of 12 they usually find something. I'm been married to this wonderful man for 32 years but we have actually been together for 35 years. I can't imagine my life without him. So if anyone has a few extra prayers they could spare we could sure use them. His name is Randy and he one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Thanks to all my BBS friends from the bottom of my heart. I'll keep you posted.
Aloha Shirl

Shann
08-04-2005, 12:13 AM
((Shirl & Randy)) I'm so sorry this is happening to you and your hubby. You are both in my thoughts and I will send good vibes for good results. I hope everything turns out ok and you can continue on w/ your wonderful life. :)

andreame70
08-04-2005, 12:37 AM
I am so sorry to hear about this. I will definitely say a prayer for you guys. I really hope that everything turns out well.

(((Hugs)))
Andrea

tngirl
08-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Good luck on your husband's test results. Just remember that they are doing wonders in the field of cancer treatments and prostate cancer is one of those they have made leaps and bounds in.

My prayers are with you!

tsquared
08-04-2005, 01:51 AM
I will keep everyone in my prayers. I know exactly what you are going through with my father going through esophageal cancer treatments.

ilikefree
08-04-2005, 03:19 AM
Keeping you & hubby in my thoughts and prayers. My dad had cancer surgery just over a month ago and is doing great. Hopefully things will go as well for you guys as well.

stellatj
08-04-2005, 03:28 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with your family

justme23
08-04-2005, 03:37 AM
My prayers are w/ yall -- and the doctors, so His will can work through them.

schsa
08-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Prostate cancer is one of the easiest cancers to treat and the recovery rate is excellent. You have very little to worry about. The success rate for treatment is better than any other form of cancer out there. He's going to be around for a very, very long time. Stay positive.

~Roxy~
08-04-2005, 04:07 AM
(((((((hugs&prayers)))))))))

catssass
08-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Prostate cancer is one of the easiest cancers to treat and the recovery rate is excellent. You have very little to worry about. The success rate for treatment is better than any other form of cancer out there. He's going to be around for a very, very long time. Stay positive.

I was going to say the same thing, my step dad had this and is doing extremely well, I will send out a ton of prayers for your DH and your family, stay strong and take care, take one step at a time and like Schsa said "stay positive"...

Angelseyes28
08-04-2005, 04:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that:( You, your husband and your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers. (((((Hugs)))))

YankeeMary
08-04-2005, 04:52 AM
My prayers are with you and your family. BIG BIG HUGS!!!

queenangie
08-04-2005, 05:14 AM
Prayers for your DH!

sivohdarba
08-04-2005, 06:04 AM
Prayers sent for ALL of you. I can imagine how scared you are right now. If it makes you feel any better I can tell you that there have been several men in my family who have had prostrate cancer and ALL of them have come out of it just fine. It is good that your husband found out about it as soon as he did. It is one of the most curable cancers there is!
Huggs to you sweetie :)

http://asaptrafficgenie.com/ecards/thinking.jpg

hblueeyes
08-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Cancer is very scary. My prayers are with you both. I have had 3 different types of cancer 3 times over the last 20 years. It is servivable. The first cancer was rare and would have killed me in 6 months because it is so fast and aggressive but I was lucky and found out after I started hemmoraging. It is survivable with prayer and mind over matter along with positive attitude and stubbornness. I refuse to let it take me down.

Me :p

bribella
08-04-2005, 09:06 AM
I will say some prayers for you and your husband. I cant imagine what you must be going through. I do hope everything will be okay.

Aloha from paradise
08-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks everyone for all the kind words and prayers. I think the waiting is the hardest part right now. I'm glad to hear about all the success stories posted here. I am trying to stay positive but sometimes it's just so darn hard. I start to think the worst and just can't imagine life without Randy in it. Thanks again to all of you.
Aloha Shirl

ahippiechic
08-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Keeping you both in my thoughts!

nightrider127
08-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Keeping you, Randy and all who love you in my prayers.

I want to add that my uncle had Prostrate cancer and he did real well.

Hillbilly
08-04-2005, 05:08 PM
My dad is recovering from prostate cancer right now,he's 61.His doctor said he had a significant amount,so they removed his prostate.The doctor seems to think he will be fine.Thank God he got tested when he did! Just make sure your hubby has a really good doctor.My dad went to a Urologist in Nashville at Vanderbilt University Hospital.They did the robotic surgery on him,they say it's more advanced and precise.

I hope everything turns out ok for your hubby.I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

Willow
08-04-2005, 06:52 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope you get some good news.

jonette5
08-04-2005, 07:58 PM

ITA! I am sending you and hubby lots of prayers and good vibes!

buttrfli
08-04-2005, 08:07 PM
:( (((HUGS))) I am so sorry. Hopefully things will be negative for him

janelle
08-04-2005, 08:12 PM
My BIL and a friend's father has this. My BIL is 66 and has had trouble with his prostate for years. He went for the biopsy and it came back cancerous but his doctor is staying on top of it and will only operate if it becomes necessary but then my BIL has also had open heart surgery so any surgery is dangerous for him.

Prostate cancer is a very slow growing cancer. My father had it but he went too late and it had spread. So to all the men out there go get your prostate checked as much as your doctor wants you to. You will probably die of someting else but do not let it go too long like my father did.

tracyb
08-04-2005, 08:52 PM
many prayers Shirl for you all to have a long life together