PDA

View Full Version : Alligator Adventure in Myrtle Beach

badswife
08-03-2005, 05:42 AM
Has anyone ever gone? We were thinking about going there since we have already done the Ripley's Aquarium. Is it worth it? I did some review reading on Yahoo and it was sorta even on the yeas and nays. So was hoping to get some opinions here, people here can be so helpful! :D

Njean31
08-03-2005, 06:53 AM
i've never been there but if i were you i'd drive a little further south and come to charleston ;) myrtle beach is so over rated

badswife
08-03-2005, 08:56 AM
I know MB is the "tourist" spot! LOL We go almost every year. Already have reservations at the Bermuda Sands. So we are gonna be in the middle of the crowd!

Njean31
08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
hope you have fun :)

Crick
08-04-2005, 06:23 AM
i've never been there but if i were you i'd drive a little further south and come to charleston ;) myrtle beach is so over rated

Having lived in both Charleston and MB, I can honestly say that both have their pluses and minuses. I've been with my family to Alligator Adventure and had a great time. Charleston is great for a day trip to see the historical areas, Battery, etc.

Njean31
08-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Having lived in both Charleston and MB, I can honestly say that both have their pluses and minuses. I've been with my family to Alligator Adventure and had a great time. Charleston is great for a day trip to see the historical areas, Battery, etc.

and the hunley and the plantations and the aquarium and the imax and the market and the shopping and the water parks and the beach and the FOOD YUMMY :) lol

i actually do like myrtle beach too....i love the broadway on the beach area~~ i used to live there too............when i was 5 :) and my dad was stationed at the now closed air force base there. he used to play music on the side and for awhile played with Alabama at the bowery before they became famous.

purplerose23
08-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Just got back a few weeks ago from Myrtle! I did not go to Aligator Adventure, BUT Ripley's is great! Get the combo, you save more, and use a discount coupon with it. I love the aquarium...its beautiful, and the wax museum is neat and fun. ALSO....

be sure to go to "Broadway at the Beach"....including Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock Cafe,, the aquarium, the 3D Theater, and several shops...go also to Pier 14 restaurant, its the greatest seafood ever, the Pavillion...for amusement, and the Grand Prix park for good race car action!

hope you have a good time!!!!!!

badswife
08-06-2005, 10:52 AM
our hotel is right beside pier 14, what wax museum are you talking about, is there a new one? I can't wait..... Hurry up Aug. 15!!!!!

Crick
08-07-2005, 04:11 AM
our hotel is right beside pier 14, what wax museum are you talking about, is there a new one? I can't wait..... Hurry up Aug. 15!!!!!

If you get a chance, stop in and say hello. I'm scarier than anything in the Ripley's Haunted House or wax Museum. :D

purplerose23
08-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Yes, it is Ripley's Wax Museum, on North Myrtle Beach's stip.........next to Ripley's haunted manor and the 3D ride Theater! :) Enjoy your trip!

badswife
08-08-2005, 06:11 PM
cool, thanks! been 4 years since we have been to Myrtle beach!

Crick
08-09-2005, 03:49 AM
Yes, it is Ripley's Wax Museum, on North Myrtle Beach's stip.........next to Ripley's haunted manor and the 3D ride Theater! :) Enjoy your trip!

Just a clarification, All the Ripley's Attractions are in Myrtle Beach by the Pavillion except the Aquarium which is at Broadway in Myrtle Beach. Gets confussing with Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach (I get a hundred stops a day from people confussed about the two cities.) ;)

Edited: Alligator Adventure is in North Myrtle Beach on Hwy. 17 by Barefoot Landing.