PDA

View Full Version : Firefly Phone BzzCampaign Pre-Registration, **Select areas

teenap
07-25-2005, 05:14 PM
You are right now, this very minute, being invited to pre-register for what we believe will be one of the most exciting BzzCampaigns this year: The Firefly Phone BzzCampaign.

Colorful and kid-friendly, the Firefly phone is perfect for kids ages 8 to 12. It's easy-to-use and it provides parental control and peace of mind while keeping kids connected. The Firefly Phone BzzCampaign will open in early August and will ONLY be open to parents of children ages 8 to 12 in the following locations:

* California (entire state)
* Chicago Metro area (50 mile radius)
* NY Tri-State area (50 mile radius)
* Texas (entire state)

How Pre-Registration Works:

By clicking on the link below, you will automatically be pre-registered for the Firefly Phone BzzCampaign.
Only click this link if you are interested in participating in the campaign.
Pre-registered BzzAgents will receive an e-mail inviting them to sign up for the campaign when it launches in August.

Pre-registration link:

http://www.bzzagent.com/entrypages/firefly/

Bubblescc
07-25-2005, 07:36 PM
not for me too bad....

trekcelt
07-26-2005, 04:05 AM
Thanks. I sent the link to a friend with a 12y/o.

bush=idiot
07-26-2005, 04:01 PM
ty!

Rogerslmc
07-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Thanks!

Kathleen Fitzpatrick
08-10-2005, 09:11 AM
The Firefly Phone BzzCampaign is open. Go and get your phone!

Online BzzGuide

PDF BzzGuideWelcome

Parents of 'tweens,' breathe a sigh of relief – now you can connect with your kids any time, any place. The Firefly™ phone, inspired by a mother's need to communicate with her child, is the first mobile phone designed specifically for 8-12 year olds. Cool for kids, control for parents, communication for families – the Firefly phone is the perfect, easy-to-use tool for keeping busy parents and kids connected.

The Firefly phone is a colorful, age-appropriate phone. Its kid-sized handset with five simple keys features speed-dial buttons for Mom and Dad and can call a total of 22 parent-approved numbers. Plus, the Firefly phone's dedicated emergency call button means kids can get help should they need it. Without a traditional cell phone keypad, kids are restricted to calling only the numbers that parents program into the phone with their private PIN. The optional call screening feature means parents can restrict incoming calls to only those numbers stored in the Phone Book. The kid-friendly keypad removes the possibility of lofty text messaging bills. Think of it as a cell phone designed to appeal to the needs of both parents and kids.

truelove01
08-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Do we actually get a phone?

imsusan
08-10-2005, 10:33 AM
:D Thanks so much!!!!

annie169
08-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Do we actually get a phone?

Yes, I was told the "package" would be delivered within 21 days after I got accepted to the campaign. This will be great with my son starting middle school this year!

UPDATE~~
(I got this email AFTER I posted here)

Thanks for joining the Firefly(TM) Mobile BzzCampaign!

You will be receiving your BzzKit in the mail soon. It includes a nonfunctional sample Firefly phone, some great Firefly phone sample cards and information, and of course, the official BzzGuide!

Your BzzBlast Contact is BzzAgent Jono. He knows that the Firefly phone is the perfect phone for "tweens." As always, don't hesitate to contact him with ANYTHING!

We're looking forward to Bzzing with you. Please let us know if you have any questions.

- The BzzAgent Hive

Bushelon
08-10-2005, 04:53 PM
annie169,

Hi! I just read your post and was surprised at what your BzzCampaign email said about the Firefly (TM) Phone. My email read that I would receive a Firefly phone complete with 30 minutes of airtime etc....
Very strange indeed!!
See my copy of my email from Bzzagent below:

Thanks for joining the Firefly(TM) Phone BzzCampaign!

You will be receiving your BzzKit in the mail soon. It includes a Firefly phone complete with 30 minutes of airtime, some great Firefly phone sample cards and information for your friends, and of course, the official BzzGuide!

Your BzzBlast Contact is BzzAgent Jono. He knows that the Firefly phone is the perfect phone for "tweens." As always, don't hesitate to contact him with ANYTHING!

We're looking forward to Bzzing with you. Please let us know if you have any questions.

- The BzzAgent Hive

I was just curious what email did everyone else accepted to the campaign get??

vieprivee
08-10-2005, 05:36 PM
GUESS some of us get the phone and some don't. Here is the email I got, same as annie169:

Thanks for joining the Firefly(TM) Mobile BzzCampaign!

You will be receiving your BzzKit in the mail soon. It includes a
nonfunctional sample Firefly phone, some great Firefly phone sample cards
and information, and of course, the official BzzGuide!

Your BzzBlast Contact is BzzAgent Jono. He knows that the Firefly phone
is the perfect phone for "tweens." As always, don't hesitate to contact
him with ANYTHING!

We're looking forward to Bzzing with you. Please let us know if you
have any questions.

- The BzzAgent Hive

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed! :(

regor380
08-10-2005, 06:14 PM
huh? strange I received both of those letters so now what, I guess we just wait and see.

grammy2_1
08-10-2005, 06:49 PM
I got the e-mail about this early this morn and was THRILLED! Been waiting on this one! lol
We are getting an actual 'functioning' phone...PLUS, it was also in DH's account, but I doubt they will send 2 phones. lol One will prolly be the 'fake phone' but hey! I'm not complaining and neither is my 11 year old DD!! lol
:)

archergirl
08-10-2005, 07:16 PM
I had pre-registered immediately when the notice first went out, and the confirmation said we would get an email when the campaign went live. Now I log into the site, and see the campaign open -- and got no email!!

And how on earth are we supposed to extoll the virtues of a product if it's not even a fully functioning item? :confused:

annie169
08-11-2005, 05:17 AM
And how on earth are we supposed to extoll the virtues of a product if it's not even a fully functioning item? :confused:

Thats what I want to know too. :confused:

archergirl
08-11-2005, 11:05 AM
I just called them to find out why I hadn't received an email yet, since I had pre-registered. She was very nice, and did something on her end, then had me log out and log back in and the campaign was available for me.

But she did tell me, interestingly enough, that ALL the phones are "dummy" phones... but that they are working on rebates/%-off deals for BzzAgents for the near future and that there will be updates to the campaign-specific page when that happens.
-gina-

sojourn4me
08-12-2005, 06:55 AM
We received the email announcing pre reg for this campaign and signed up the other day when it arrived in email box.
This is also interesting if the phone is a dummy phone since the email received after signing up stated a phone and 30 minutes and how can they expect us to BZZ something like this without a usable phone and minutes?
I suspect the phones arrive non working and you need to take the card also sent with them to a store to activate and charge up the minutes. So maybe in essence the phone received at first is a dummy one and useless until activated but my email said 30 minutes time as well as a phone, unless they decided after to change the program.

grammy2_1
08-12-2005, 07:15 AM
No, its a REAL, WORKING phone some of us are getting, as stated in the e-mail from Jono:

"You will be receiving your BzzKit in the mail soon. It includes a Firefly phone
complete with 30 minutes of airtime, some great Firefly phone sample cards and
information for your friends, and of course, the official BzzGuide!"

To me..."a Firefly phone
complete with 30 minutes of airtime" IS a working phone! lol Or else why on earth would they say...'COMPLETE WITH 30 MINUTES OF AIRTIME'? A 'non-working' phone wouldn't need 30 minutes of airtime, would it? lol
I think the lady on the phone made a mistake...OR, they are giving 'dummy phones' to those who live where the service is not yet FULLY available...but will be in the near future.

sojourn4me
08-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Well looking at this further it would appear depending upon your signup info you might have gotten a working phone or a dummy phone?
My email said 30 minutes so must be a working one while the other person's said a dummy phone. Guess we will have to wait for the phone to arrive , no?
All told I still love bzzagent and have found it has made me more likely to talk to people about things believe it or not. Plus we have gotten some decent rewards and lots of things to try out. Im enrolled in 5 campaigns at moment and always bzzing lol

grammy2_1
08-13-2005, 06:17 AM
I have a thought about the real vs. dummy phones...Over a month ago, this upcoming campaign info was on my log-in page at BzzAgent...it was for Pre-regestering for this FULL campaign. Which I did and so did DH. Then we were sent e-mail updates that the campaign was coming soon, etc...and then the one announcing it opened.
MAYBE, the people that never Pre-registered are getting the dummy phones and all of us who DID Pre-register are getting the real ones...??? lol Makes sense to me, since this WAS a campaign you had to pre-register for...then they opened it up to others, but those peeps will only get the 'dud' phone...since pre-registering was necessary to get in on the full campaign.

annie169
08-13-2005, 08:53 AM
MAYBE, the people that never Pre-registered are getting the dummy phones and all of us who DID Pre-register are getting the real ones...??? lol Makes sense to me, since this WAS a campaign you had to pre-register for...then they opened it up to others, but those peeps will only get the 'dud' phone...since pre-registering was necessary to get in on the full campaign.
I did preregister...I still have the email asking me TO DO so and the confirmation for it too. I'm a lil ticked about this. I don't see how we could honestly bzz about something that we can't even use.

reds mama
08-13-2005, 08:58 AM
I went to the link and signed in like it says but haven't gotten an email saying anything about the firesfly campaign. Just a email welcoming me. What am I doing wrong? I have gone to the home page but it isn't offering any campaigns. I really want this. I signed up days ago. :(

vieprivee
08-13-2005, 02:44 PM
I did preregister...I still have the email asking me TO DO so and the confirmation for it too. I'm a lil ticked about this. I don't see how we could honestly bzz about something that we can't even use.

I pre-registered as well, within minutes of getting the pre-registration email. I DID call on Friday and was told the same thing that you were told, archergirl, that they are ALL dummy phones. Guess we will find out what we get when the "phones" arrive. :( When I asked why two totally different emails were sent out, the girl said that was DEFINITELY a HUGE error on their part!

I have NOT been getting any confirmation emails that my Bzz reports are read and approved. THIS is something new as I ALWAYS got confirmation emailed to me in the past. OF COURSE I can go to the site and see what is pending and what is approved, but I LIKED getting that email.:(

ALSO, HOW LONG are you all waiting for Bzz Rewards? I cashed out in the beginning of July and I still have not gotten the confirmation email that it is on it s way. Isn't over six weeks a LONG time to wait for the confirmation email that the reward is being sent since it is then another 2-3 weeks to wait after that email before the reward arrives?

THANKS everyone, for answering the two questions above. AND I HOPE NONE of us get dummy phones! :eek:

grammy2_1
08-13-2005, 07:13 PM
If you recall, recently there were bzz polls on site called 'BzzExperience part 1 and part 2. In those surveys they asked questions about if we felt it necessary to get e-mails every time a bzz report is read and replied to...also they asked if we cared or not if e-mails were sent every time a reward was mailed out.
My guess is that based on the answers they got from those polls, they have done away with e-mails for every little thing. lol
I'm awaiting rewards from June 30'th and July 16'th...I'm not worried, they'll be here pretty soon. :) They have never NOT come and I have gotten LOTS of rewards from them in the past year.
I have never had a problem with them...and the best thing to do when a problem arises, is e-mail Jono. That's what he's there for.

I too, hope that lady was wrong, because my 11 yr. old daughter is beside herself with anticipation and excitement of getting one of these phones. As are my nephews and a niece-who's parents also got in this campaign and ALL recieved the same e-mail I did.

Another thing...all of you who got the e-mail saying it was a 'dummy phone'...how many of you live in the areas that this campaign is for, because it is very limited and not yet available in most areas. We(my family and I) who all got in on this, all live in NJ-within' the 50 mile radius required for this campaign. The other areas were...Texas-ALL, California-ALL, Parts of Chicago and NY tri-state(within' 50 mile radius of NYC only)
PLUS, this is only for those with kids in the 8-12 age group who live IN those areas.
MAYBE those that will be getting a 'dummy phone'(if this ISN'T a huge mistake made there) are those who live in areas where this phone/service are NOT yet available, but may become so in due time. So, if that's the case, a working phone would be no good to anyone outside of the listed areas for this campaign anyway...so that's why they'd send dummy phones. The initial e-mail to pre-register stated that it was only for those areas at this time.

annie...I just saw that you ARE in Ca....so I dunno anymore! I'm lost as to what's going on...just trying to figure out some possiblities here! lol

Who knows??? lol I just hope we all get...or eventually get the real deal!! :D
Good luck!

And as far as being able to bzz something we can't use..there are many campaigns we sign up for that really...we can't use, unless we can afford to do so...like the current Goodyear tire campaign. Those tires are VERY expensive and well, we sure didn't get a huge bzzkit with 4 tires in now, did we? lol

grammy2_1
08-13-2005, 07:19 PM
p.s. lol...If they are 'dummy phones'...then WHY are some of the rewards for this campaign, 2 other colors of the case/covers...an adapter to charge the phone while 'on the go' and $25.00 refill cards for more time???
Obviously not everyone could afford the phone...so its curious as to why those rewards would be in there. Any campaign I've done where some of the rewards offered had to DO with the product in the campaign...which I always got!! ie:HomeCafe-the rewards had lots of items and pods FOR the product we were getting.
I STILL HAVE HOPE HERE!!! lol

CHERNL
08-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I pre registered, registered as soon as I got the email, live in Texas and have an 8 year old. They say I'm getting a nonfunctioning phone. Great.

About as easy to BZZ about as the sausages they didn't sell in my area and the tires I couldn't afford.

reds mama
08-14-2005, 09:30 AM
how do you join a campaign? I can't seem to figure it out. on the home page it says Iam not signed up for any campaigns right now. I want to sign up :mad:

vieprivee
08-14-2005, 11:41 AM
THANKS SO MUCH, grammy2_1, for all your responses. :D I don't think I ever took the two BzzExperiences surveys you referred to, guess I missed them somehow. In my BzzAgent profile I still have the option of being emailed when I am awarded more points and when I've had rewards approved. Maybe they no longer offer these options but it surely is still a choice in the BzzAgent profile.

Is anyone getting emails when they have rewards approved or when they are awarded more points?

Did you notice that a Firefly phone is a reward that you can purchase with points in this campaign, not just covers? THIS is discouraging to me but I WILL KEEP MY HOPES UP!

I have two 8-12 year olds and I live in the required area so I wonder why I will be getting a dummy phone. I also pre-registered immediately. :o

Guess we all will have to wait and see what happens. :)

reds mama, they have to offer you the campaign on your homepage before you can join. Usually(not always) you are sent an email saying there is a campaign you can join.

Willow
08-14-2005, 11:57 AM
how do you join a campaign? I can't seem to figure it out. on the home page it says Iam not signed up for any campaigns right now. I want to sign up :mad:

That means that it's not available to you. If it is then it will show up. Some things are done demographically and aren't available to everyone. I think it is also based on the questions they ask when you joined the site. Hope that helps. :)

BlueBerriTerri
08-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I suspect that the questionnaire might also have something to do with whether or not you receive a working phone. They asked questions about whether or not the adult had a cell phone, what service you used, and what kind it was (prepaid or monthly charge). They also asked what age group your kids were in, and your opinions on kids having cell phones. I don't remember the other questions offhand, but my friend just signed up today (we're in NYC) and got accepted AND got the email saying that a working phone would be sent with 30 minutes airtime. It seems like if they made a mistake, they would have changed the emails by now. Plus, I went to the website, and the Firefly phones come with 30 minutes airtime when you buy one (plus a charger and a backpack clip or something, which I don't think we're going to get--at least it didn't say so in the email). So, I'm optimistic.

archergirl
08-14-2005, 04:10 PM
I am in Texas, and have a 9 year old son. I answered the pre-registration email as soon as I got it, and it never said anything about a dummy phone. Ask my son how happy he is with this campaign right now.

I got ahold of them via AIM on Friday (Aim handle: BzzAgent) and gave them an earful. I also gave him the link to this thread, and told him that there are a whooooole lot of unhappy people. I told him that we, as Bzz Agents, are doing THEM -- and their clients -- a favor by bzzing the products they want us to and providing feedback on the products, and that someone there at the hive needs to re-remember that. I told him that if a campaign is not ready, or all the pieces aren't in place, then they need to NOT RELEASE THE CAMPAIGN.

I'm sure he was sorry he was on IM duty that day. LOL But dang it, this really chaps me... especially since they got my little boy all excited. He is a several-year member of KidzEyes, and an experienced tester in his own right. He knows that these companies aren't doing him a favor by sending him products to test, but that it is he doing the favor. Neither of us are very happy with BzzAgent right now.

-gina-

grammy2_1
08-14-2005, 05:50 PM
vieprivee...YW. :) Just trying to figure this thing out somewhat. lol
I do have another question for everyone who's in this campaign...vieprivee said in her post that she sees a firefly phone IN her rewards section of the campaign-BUT...there is NOT one in my rewards for the firefly! Only the accessories...so here's the question...
Of all of you in this campaign that were told you were getting a 'dummy phone'...what do YOU see in your rewards section for the firefly campaign...and the same question to those who DID get the e-mails saying we ARE getting a firefly phone pre-loaded w/30 minutes...what do YOU see in YOUR rewards section for this campaign???
I got the latter e-mail telling me I AM getting the actual working phone w/the 30 minutes...and I do NOT see a firefly phone available to get via points in MY firefly rewards page!!

So...MAYBE, if my thinking here is correct, those of you who were told your getting the dummy phone...if all of you can SEE the firefly phone as a reward option...and the rest of us don't have it in ours...maybe THAT'S the answer we are all trying to figure out!! lol
MAYBE for those that are getting the dummy phone-only YOU can see the reward to get a phone BECAUSE you will be getting the 'dummy phone' and they are giving the option to be able to get one via points.??? Maybe...Possibly? lol
So please, everyone post your answers...what e-mail did you get and...do YOU see a firefly phone in YOUR rewards page for this campaign???
This just might settle it once and for all as to what's going on.

vieprivee
08-15-2005, 06:33 AM
vieprivee...YW. :) Just trying to figure this thing out somewhat. lol
I do have another question for everyone who's in this campaign...vieprivee said in her post that she sees a firefly phone IN her rewards section of the campaign-BUT...there is NOT one in my rewards for the firefly! Only the accessories...so here's the question...
Of all of you in this campaign that were told you were getting a 'dummy phone'...what do YOU see in your rewards section for the firefly campaign...and the same question to those who DID get the e-mails saying we ARE getting a firefly phone pre-loaded w/30 minutes...what do YOU see in YOUR rewards section for this campaign???
I got the latter e-mail telling me I AM getting the actual working phone w/the 30 minutes...and I do NOT see a firefly phone available to get via points in MY firefly rewards page!!

So...MAYBE, if my thinking here is correct, those of you who were told your getting the dummy phone...if all of you can SEE the firefly phone as a reward option...and the rest of us don't have it in ours...maybe THAT'S the answer we are all trying to figure out!! lol
MAYBE for those that are getting the dummy phone-only YOU can see the reward to get a phone BECAUSE you will be getting the 'dummy phone' and they are giving the option to be able to get one via points.??? Maybe...Possibly? lol
So please, everyone post your answers...what e-mail did you get and...do YOU see a firefly phone in YOUR rewards page for this campaign???
This just might settle it once and for all as to what's going on.

I THINK you may have the answer, grammy2_1! IT IS LOGICAL and MAKES SENSE! I DO BELIEVE you solved a rather strange mystery here!

SO now all of us who get the dummy phone need to tell our kids that they did not luck out! GOOD LUCK to us all, although I am gonna let the my kids open the BzzKit themselves and find out that way. Guess I am just plain chicken!

I still hold out a miniscule amount of hope that maybe, just maybe, we will get a working Firefly, but I doubt it. After being promised one, I guess our kids will find out the hard way that life is not fair. :( :o AT LEAST, if is a life lesson!

BlueBerriTerri
08-15-2005, 07:33 AM
You'e right, grammy. I also got the email saying I was getting a working phone, and my rewards show the phone covers and accessories but not the phone itself as a reward.

annie169
08-15-2005, 10:21 AM
You'e right, grammy. I also got the email saying I was getting a working phone, and my rewards show the phone covers and accessories but not the phone itself as a reward.

Well, in my rewards, I have the phone AND accessories...and I received the email about the dummy phone.

vieprivee
08-15-2005, 02:11 PM
"Well, in my rewards, I have the phone AND accessories...and I received the email about the dummy phone"

annie169, that seems to be the way it works. I think that grammy2_1 figured it all out for us.

IF someone is getting the REAL working phone(NOT the dummy) the Firefly phone is NOT available in the rewards, ONLY the accessories AND that person got an email telling them they were getting the Firefly preloaded with 30 minutes of time.

IF someone is getting the dummy phone(like you and me and a lot of other disappointed BzzAgents), then the phone IS available for that person in their rewards AS WELL AS THE ACCESSORIES AND that unlucky person got the dummy phone email.

I hope I explained it clearly. OF COURSE this could be all wrong, but through all of our postings, it does seem that grammy2_1 really did figure it all out for us, logically speaking. OF COURSE, we have no idea how it was decided who gets the real phones and who does not since I AM SURE most of us were very excited about giving this phone to our children and answered the survey in this manner.

Again, I need to say that I guess we will have to wait and see and what will be will be. We are just gonna have an awful ot of disappointed kids on our hands! :(

grammy2_1
08-15-2005, 02:53 PM
I did!!??? lol!!
Well, from the replys already...it DOES seem to be the case here.
And seemed to be the most logical explanation...if I was right, so I fugured, pose the question and if the answers were what I was thinking...we had the thing figured out...finally. lol
Glad I could help...it was like a quest...more like a puzzle and I HAD to figure it out!! lol

vieprivee
08-15-2005, 03:16 PM
I did!!??? lol!!
Well, from the replys already...it DOES seem to be the case here.
And seemed to be the most logical explanation...if I was right, so I fugured, pose the question and if the answers were what I was thinking...we had the thing figured out...finally. lol
Glad I could help...it was like a quest...more like a puzzle and I HAD to figure it out!! lol

YOUR QUEST IS FULFILLED! LOL! THANKS! :)

sojourn4me
08-16-2005, 06:44 AM
Wow this thread is something else. I guess it is true depending upon email received and rewards viewable youll get the phone if you got the email about it and a dummy otherwise. But we all need to realize that bzzagenting isnt just about what you get or dont get. I consider this fun and a learning experience which happens to have a few great benefits and rewards but if you dont get in on a campaign there are other campaigns you will get in on sooner or later.
As to the dummy phones and disappointed kids:
I truly believe it sucks if some kid expected to get a phone that worked with 30 free minutes but of course if your area location isnt included in the service area of the Firefly phone how on earth could you expect a working phone. A dummy phone will allow you to see the phone and understand how it will work once available but dont slam bzzagent central since they dont make the phones and dont decide where members live relative to the service, they only allowed you to join a campaign.

There have been some fabulous campaigns Id loved to have gotten entry to but didnt get the offer and then there are some great campaigns I really loved and was glad to have taken part in like Hahn's Yogurt Cream Cheese and the Goodyear Triple tred tires. All in all the rewards have been alot of fun too apart from not saving my points for those really fab rewards like a digital camera and a DVD player which when you blink were snatched up too quickly but my family and I still have enjoyed the experience and according to an article in the NY Times Sunday magazine ( they profiled Bzzing) this is some of the most effective advertising a company can do so you can expect tons more campaigns and the fact they take so long now to review reports and send rewards shows the company is growing rapidly. Stick with this community and expect some bumps now and again but still realize you are having some fun and getting benefits too

archergirl
08-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Wow this thread is something else. I guess it is true depending upon email received and rewards viewable youll get the phone if you got the email about it and a dummy otherwise. But we all need to realize that bzzagenting isnt just about what you get or dont get. I consider this fun and a learning experience which happens to have a few great benefits and rewards but if you dont get in on a campaign there are other campaigns you will get in on sooner or later.
As to the dummy phones and disappointed kids:
I truly believe it sucks if some kid expected to get a phone that worked with 30 free minutes but of course if your area location isnt included in the service area of the Firefly phone how on earth could you expect a working phone. A dummy phone will allow you to see the phone and understand how it will work once available but dont slam bzzagent central since they dont make the phones and dont decide where members live relative to the service, they only allowed you to join a campaign.

Once again, I *AM* in the target area, I *HAVE* a target-age child, I *GOT* the pre-registration email, I *GOT* the confirmation email after that, and only when I got to actually sign up for the campaign did I find out it was basically a phone-shaped paperweight we are receiving. You want to explain that to a 9 year old who was very excited about this?

And sorry, but again, it is US who are doing THEM a favor... we test their products, we spread the word about their products, we are doing a job. I'm not going to kiss their feet because they "allowed" me into a campaign. I'm the one doing the work.

-gina-

vieprivee
08-16-2005, 07:17 AM
"Once again, I *AM* in the target area, I *HAVE* a target-age child, I *GOT* the pre-registration email, I *GOT* the confirmation email after that, and only when I got to actually sign up for the campaign did I find out it was basically a phone-shaped paperweight we are receiving. You want to explain that to a 9 year old who was very excited about this?

And sorry, but again, it is US who are doing THEM a favor... we test their products, we spread the word about their products, we are doing a job. I'm not going to kiss their feet because they "allowed" me into a campaign. I'm the one doing the work. "

RIGHT ON, archergirl! I COULDN'T have said it better! ALL you say in the first paragraph is true for us and I agree with with what you say in the second paragraph too.

I enjoy all my Bzz campaigns but I FEEL STRONGLY that when they PROMISE us something since we fit ALL the criteria they need to come through with it, especially when our children are involved.

BTW, I wrote a BzzReport for Firefly yesterday and in it I included the fact that we are getting a dummy phone after being promised a real one. I said how disappointed I was and I asked how I was supposed to tell my children that they went back on their word. I wonder if this will be addressed when my report is read?

sojourn4me, PLEASE do not take offense to anything anyone has said here. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY ENTITLED to your opinion. But on the other hand, so are we. I think a lot of us who fit all the criteria and were promised a working Firefly and are not getting it are a little bit sensitive because our kids are involved and are VERY disappointed or will be very soon. I hope you understand. THANKS! :)

songbird99
08-16-2005, 12:40 PM
I just emailed the buzzagent and let them know how unhappy I am about this. I agree with an earlier poster that if they promised a real phone, they should give a real phone. All I will be getting is a phone for my daughter to play with. I don't think she will be giving any positive feedback on this one. I have not told her yet that she is not getting a real phone. I don't know what was up either. I met all the criteria. i even have 2 kids that are in the required age group and I live in california. Maybe my kids weren't in enough school sports yet. I have a cell phone but it is not pre-paid. I have a monthly plan. I guess we will have to see what kind of reply I get. I will let you all know.

grammy2_1
08-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Ok, I understand why those who are getting the dummy phone are upset...BUT in fairness to BzzAgent...they NEVER said, anywhere, prior to this campaign starting(ie: pre-registering info, when the sign-up time came or even on the campaign homepage) that ANYONE would be getting a FREE 'working phone'! THAT info ONLY came in the e-mails that some of us got.
So they did NOT promise anyone a phone prior to the campaign opening or after-except via the e-mails that some got saying we were getting a working phone.
Those who weren't...got the e-mail saying it was a dummy phone. But, like I said... they NEVER said beforehand that anyone would be getting a working phone or a dummy phone.
When some people saw that some of us got an e-mail saying we were getting a 'working phone w/30 minutes'...it was ASSUMED that all were going to get one. But again, that was never stated by BzzAgent as being the case here.
So, in all actuality, NONE of us were TOLD, PROMISED, whatever...that we would be getting an actual working firefly phone. Anyone who told their children different, before knowing if they were even going to be giving out ANY real phones at all, have only themselves to blame for the dissappointment on their children's faces. They jumped the gun and are now mad at BzzAgent for something they never did in the first place.
Heck, when I got the e-mail saying I'd be getting a working firefly phone w/30 minutes pre-loaded...That was The FIRST time the subject of getting a real phone through this campaign even came up! I was totally surprised that we WERE going to be getting a real phone at all!

So really...think about it...and be fair here...BzzAgent NEVER once told anyone before-hand whether or not ANYONE would be getting a real phone...and so you really cannot blame them for assuming they would be.

archergirl
08-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Oh good grief... I'm sorry, but I have been doing this for a long time. And when I am asked to test and give my opinion on a product, it is ASSUMED that the company is going to send me an actual product to test. I just finished the South Beach Diet campaign -- if they had sent me a box of sawdust instead of cereal, do you think I would have said "Oh well, they never *actually* said they were going to send me actual cereal..." Give me a big break!!!!!

grammy2_1
08-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Well, good grief is right...because I'm in the Goodyear campaign and never once expected to get 4 FREE TIRES for crying out loud! I didn't even expect 1 free tire!! lol
I've been doing this for a long time as well...as a matter of fact, I'm one of the top 25 BzzAgents out of hundreds of thousands and I KNOW that not ALL campaigns have the product to give away! THAT is up to the company that HIRED BzzAgent for each campaign!! THEY decide how many products they will 'GIVE AWAY' for their campaign...NOT BzzAgent! So shouldn't you be directing your anger at the company that makes the firefly phone and NOT BzzAgent!??So, give me a BIGGER BREAK!! :rolleyes: :D

vieprivee
08-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Darn it anyway! I WISH these discussions could stay friendly! WISH nobody would get angry and acuse each other of this and that! :( Each of us has different circumstances and nobody really knows everything that has happened with the other person so we really can't judge each other. I am not gonna post on this thread anymore since I don't want to fight with anyone at all. BIG sigh!

What happens here makes me so sad! :(

grammy2_1
08-16-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm not trying to argue at all. All I did was state the obvious and the truth. It was in reply to my post that someone decided to be nasty.
I'm not going to post in this topic anymore either.
It is what it is and none of us can change it or make everyone get a free working phone. Geez, after all this i HOPE they DO give EVERYONE a FREE WORKING PHONE!! Just to quell all 'this!' lol! ;)

annie169
08-17-2005, 06:53 PM
Guess I"m gonna have to figure out a way to earn 1,000 more points so I can order the phone. Once my older child grows out of it, then my younger one will be ready for it.

CHERNL
08-18-2005, 03:52 AM
Yeah, I feel like I have bzzzd my a$$ off and yet only have 269 pts. No phone for me or my kid. Sigh.

Kathleen Fitzpatrick
08-18-2005, 09:18 AM
I got the email telling me that I would receive the real phone, but I still don't have it. In my rewards acount there is no phone listed, so it looks like I will be getting the real phone. My son is excited!!!!

annie169
08-24-2005, 11:06 PM
I got the email telling me that I would receive the real phone, but I still don't have it. In my rewards acount there is no phone listed, so it looks like I will be getting the real phone. My son is excited!!!!

I got an email today (8/24/05) from BzzAgents saying that Firefly, due to our excitement of doing this Bzz, is giving us ALL free Fireflys with 30 minutes free airtime and to expect the package in 10-15 days. I guess all our whining and bellyaching paid off!! *happy dance* ;)

grammy2_1
08-25-2005, 08:20 AM
Well, if anyone bothered to read the Bzz Blog once in awhile, they would have seen this fact days ago. lol! You can all thank JONO for this one!! HE pushed for it for all those bombarding him and bzzagent with complaints! lol
How can no one have seen this at the Blog? I saw it days ago, but went away on vacation for a few days. I really expected to see it posted here by now.
Do some people(note the bold 'some' not talking about everyone here-the one's most guilty will reply in the most defiance-lol!) ONLY join BzzAgent for the free stuff? Because its odd that hardly anyone takes an active roll at the bzzagent site in reagrds to things other than signing up for campaigns or making complaints.
I am always checking out and being active at the entire bzz site, not just signing up for campaigns, taking the free item and running. lol
Makes a person wonder how many actually even bzz the products after getting them for free...

sojourn4me
08-25-2005, 10:29 AM
Received the phone today via UPS and this is one impressive unit and the kids are going to love them tons but the parents might not like the 25 dollar renewall fees for 30 minutes air time lol

CHERNL
08-26-2005, 01:37 AM
Well, if anyone bothered to read the Bzz Blog once in awhile, they would have seen this fact days ago. lol! You can all thank JONO for this one!! HE pushed for it for all those bombarding him and bzzagent with complaints! lol
How can no one have seen this at the Blog? I saw it days ago, but went away on vacation for a few days. I really expected to see it posted here by now.
Do some people(note the bold 'some' not talking about everyone here-the one's most guilty will reply in the most defiance-lol!) ONLY join BzzAgent for the free stuff? Because its odd that hardly anyone takes an active roll at the bzzagent site in reagrds to things other than signing up for campaigns or making complaints.
I am always checking out and being active at the entire bzz site, not just signing up for campaigns, taking the free item and running. lol
Makes a person wonder how many actually even bzz the products after getting them for free...

Well, that was a little harsh. I have NEVER gone to any site that says 'blog'. Aren't blogs just people's weird online diaries? Sorry if we offended your sensibilities, but no need to be rude.

grammy2_1
08-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Like I said, "(note the bold 'some' not talking about everyone here-the one's most guilty will reply in the most defiance-lol!)"

You seem a bit defensive there. lol

Not every BLOG is the way you describe...as the bzz one isn't either. Its called the Beelog. Its basically how ACTIVE bzzagents keep in the loop and learn new things, upcoming things and post opinions/replies-only if you want to. You don't have to post there, but it helps to take part in areas of bzzagent besides just checking to see what campaign is available to get something for free. Its mostly the people FROM bzzagent, (Dave Balter, JONO, Dev, Keith, etc) who post the initial topics and anyone who chooses to, can reply and add their comments to what was posted-pretty much just like you did above to my post and I am doing now to yours.

ACTIVE agents who don't just take the free campaign kit item/product, KNOW all about the BLOG and how it works there, already.

BTW-it doesn't offend my sensibilities one bit. What is DOES do, is tick off those of us who ARE active bzzagents and who DO actually bzz the products/campaigns and earn what we get. Its the people who only join to get something for nothing who will eventually ruin these types of things for those of us who DO take an active and honest roll in them.

Being honest is not being rude. Taking and expecting everything for nothing...now that's being rude. :D

annie169
08-26-2005, 10:01 AM
ACTIVE agents who don't just take the free campaign kit item/product, KNOW all about the BLOG and how it works there, already.

BTW-it doesn't offend my sensibilities one bit. What is DOES do, is tick off those of us who ARE active bzzagents and who DO actually bzz the products/campaigns and earn what we get. Its the people who only join to get something for nothing who will eventually ruin these types of things for those of us who DO take an active and honest roll in them.

Being honest is not being rude. Taking and expecting everything for nothing...now that's being rude. :D

Well, saying that this is only my 2nd campaign since joining, I am still learning and appreciate criticism (tho some might find it harsh )so I can garner more from the site. I am still overwhelmed by all that the site offers and the booklet I got didn't have all the things you pointed out. Maybe some heads are spinning like mine trying to get it all to sink in.

Tex Saver
08-26-2005, 01:34 PM
I was offered a new "word-of-mouth" campaign today. If you have not been able to get in many campaigns, you should check your bzz page as soon as possible. There are two surveys to fill out during the campaign. You receive 60 bzz points for completing both of them. The website has all the details.

grammy2_1 ,

I do appreciate advice but I have to agree with the others that your last few posts are just a bit overzealous. Are you running for bzz agent of the year? I am sure that there are many of us, including me, that read the beelog. And I bzz when I feel like bzzing. It is apparently enough to satisfy Bzzagent.com because I have been fortunate enough to participate in many campaigns.