PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to you to? (Q about a nose sore)

Shann
07-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Every few months the cartilage in the middle of my nose gets really dry and ends up cracking. Then I have this huge sore right inside my nose. :( It only happens to the left side nostril (thankfully) but it hurts enough for both. It used to be maybe once or twice a year, but unfortuantely has increased it's occurance. Then it gets this big scab over it until it heals which usually takes weeks. I'd say it generally lasts for a month each time. I have tried putting vaseline and ayr on it, but those don't seem to help it heal any faster. Right now it's happening again, but thankfully hasn't cracked (yet) to a mini hoover damn... anyways, does this happen to any of you? What do you do to help it heal faster? Are there ways to prevent it? I've tried humidifiers but that doesn't seem to help all that much. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm so sick of this taking so much of my life away every time it happens not to mention it hurts constantally. TIA :)

JKATHERINE
07-20-2005, 02:07 AM
This happens to my DH and we haven't found any way to make it heal faster. Sorry. :(

YankeeMary
07-20-2005, 02:54 AM
Try Neutrogena hand lotion. I tell yah that stuff is wonderful for healing. When my hands get dry and crack within 2 days the Neutrogena has them healed. It couldn't hurt to try...good luck.

justme23
07-20-2005, 04:08 AM
Well... mine doesn't crack, but I do usually end of scratching the inside of my nose when allergies are particularly bad. It does hurt -- alot! And I have found nothing -- other than just leaving it alone -- that helps. Hope it heals for ya soon!

DreamWarrior
07-20-2005, 04:20 AM
this does NOT happen to me THANK GOD, but I feel for you
hope it heals soon!!!!

Shann
07-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Try Neutrogena hand lotion. I tell yah that stuff is wonderful for healing. When my hands get dry and crack within 2 days the Neutrogena has them healed. It couldn't hurt to try...good luck.

Do you think it would be ok to put it inside of my nose?

Thanks all for the replies. I was hoping for some sort of miracle cream.. guess not :( ;)

YankeeMary
07-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Do you think it would be ok to put it inside of my nose?

Thanks all for the replies. I was hoping for some sort of miracle cream.. guess not :( ;)
Yes it will be fine my mommy gets sores in her nose and uses this...good luck!!!

Shann
07-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks Mary! :) I will try it, have to say that I've been using vaseline the last 2-3 days and that has actually seemed to help this time.. no crack! whoo hoo, but I'll def. look into that and pick some up. :)

renagade
07-21-2005, 04:31 AM
You might also try some saline solution it comes in a spray like nose spray. I have alot of sinus problems and the dr recommened using it. Seems to be working. If you keep your nose moist inside there it doesn't dry out.