PDA

View Full Version : Harrassing phone calls! Help!!

kidzpca
07-19-2005, 05:21 PM
it started last week.

I have caller Id but once last week the ID indicated "Unknown name 5014" But I answered in hurry and got dead air. A couple days later got the same call but this time just a dial tone like I was going to make a call.

Yesterday I got 3 calls from the "Unknown name 5014", I called my Phone call Annoyance and made a police report as they asked me too in order to have the calls traced.

Today I had 5 calls from this anonymous what ever.

Anyone know what this may be?

ang in NC
07-19-2005, 05:27 PM
I don't know but I've been getting them on my cell phone. The thing that gets me is we pay for caller id and still people can get that unknown thing. Hope it ends for you.

janelle
07-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Telemarketers will call 50 people and the first one to pick up they will talk to and the others will be dead air. Or they will have a machine call and see when people pick up so a real person can call at that time later.

buttrfli
07-19-2005, 06:56 PM
I get phone calls that beep. Not like a fax, but its the same tone of beep about 10 secs apart. Once it came from the UPS store and I called them abck and talked to about 20 people and still never got it figured out. Sometimes I will get 10 or 20 a day and sometimes I won't get any for weeks.

HumblePie98
07-20-2005, 01:35 AM
You can set your phone to block anyones call unless they show their phone number.

Bud_Girl76
07-20-2005, 03:20 AM
You can set your phone to block anyones call unless they show their phone number.

Not with a Unknown name.. I have called my phone company over this and you can't do it with a unknown name and number it can only be if they come up annyomous.

kidzpca
07-20-2005, 06:35 AM
I have gotten more calls and have reported 5 for yesterday and 1 for today. If it is a telemarketer, I have history of calls started with phone company and Police Department...should get hefty fine when 2 week trace is up on August 2. Now if only I could have a piece of the fines.

renagade
07-20-2005, 10:23 AM
If you owe anyone bill collecters do this also. Discover drove us crazy calling like that. Sometime dead air sometime dial tone and others a computer saying please wait for next rep. Hubbys dad had a discover and because they had the same name Sr. & Jr. they drove us nuts.

3lilpigs
07-20-2005, 11:42 AM
I have gotten more calls and have reported 5 for yesterday and 1 for today. If it is a telemarketer, I have history of calls started with phone company and Police Department...should get hefty fine when 2 week trace is up on August 2. Now if only I could have a piece of the fines.

they SHOULD do that! great idea.....fine the company for the calls, and make them pay YOU something for harassing you. that will definetly stop them!