PDA

View Full Version : What The Heck Is This???

suzziq03
07-16-2005, 01:52 PM
THIS IS WHAT I FOUND IN MY YAHOO MAILBOX THIS AFTERNOON....

From: "Deanna Gipson" <evywxmopqrfulr@uni.de> Add to Address Book

(SAID MY FULL NAME HERE),

Your Customer ID is : [SOME NUMBERS HERE]

Your refibnance request was apppropved with 3.4 % based on your
propeqrty (MY FULL ADDRESS HERE)

[The applicaticon is pending at this moment]

If you authorimze the process, please enter additioknal info using
a link below

Continue =>
http://www.khnfuu.com/default.asp?s=69630553

Thank you.

Deanna Gipson

WHAT IS THIS CRAP? HOW DO THEY KNOW MY FULL NAME AND ADDRESS??? WHY IS EVERYTHING SPELLED SO WRONG??? ANYONE HAVE ANY ANSWERS???? :confused:

Denise1972
07-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Its spam... Do you enter contests? Thats where they get your info. I get several of those daily.

tracey74
07-16-2005, 06:29 PM
.de? isnt that denmark? what I do is I type in a search bar to see if there is such a place the uni.de.and if its a legitimate site you might be able to send them a copy of the email and tell them you have no idea whats going on and you want this stopped.Ive done that with a few sites.also in mail options do a complete headers option and look at the isp number(usually the second one in the headers is the right one) then do an arin whois search(or do a isp lookup search) this will usually give you the location and domain.and then you can write to them stating this is email abuse and also that as far as you know you didnt apply for a refinancing.and that you want all your personal info removed.and whatever else.usually then the emails will stop.they usually can trace who is sending out the emails using their isp.hope this helps

andreame70
07-16-2005, 06:50 PM
It might not hurt to pull a copy of your credit report and look it over as well. You just never know these days. I hope this is isolated to just the email and nothing more serious. I don't blame you for being concerned about it.

Andrea

Shann
07-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Yikes, that is so scary! I would see if it was legit also, maybe calling the company or seeing if the company actually exists and pulling a credit report just incase. You can never be too careful anymore. So sad...

schsa
07-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Delete it and don't respond in any way. They are trying to confirm if this is a legit e-mail address. If you respond you could end up with that much more spam.

CAMSmama
07-18-2005, 10:55 AM
I got the same thing a couple of weeks ago and I don't even own a house to refinance. I just deleted it.