PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we will be moving again....

bribella
07-13-2005, 02:06 PM
To Maui :D My husband has found an abundance of work out there doing what he does and is now making plans for me, the kids and the dog to move out there in October.

We will probably stay there 2-3 yrs at least. So now I have to decide whether we should put everything in storage, sell it all or ship it all to hawaii.

Our vehicle definately will be shipped that alone will cost us $1100!

Decisions, decisions!!

ezmoney163
07-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah for you!!

Maui!! Wooo Hoooo!! You'll be one tan Mama Bird!! LOL

buttrfli
07-13-2005, 02:24 PM
oohhh you got a suitcase I can fit in?? :D

bribella
07-13-2005, 04:42 PM
oohhh you got a suitcase I can fit in?? :D
Sure come on over :D :p

Angel Lips
07-13-2005, 05:12 PM
hey can i come too?

Shann
07-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Oohh, I am so jealous! Can I just come visit you? :) I believe that your dog will be in quarantine for about 6 months... wow I can't believe it would cost that much to ship your car, but you do what you gotta do. :) Unless you are attached to things I'd sell what you can and just replace the rest. You never know what might happen if you leave it in storage (like a flood...) Plus that will be a lot of money for 2-3 yrs and with all the money you would spend you could probably just replace the stuff. Ohh! I'm still so jealous! You are going to have so much fun. :D

buttrfli
07-13-2005, 06:33 PM
I believe that your dog will be in quarantine for about 6 months...

how come?

Just curious... I live a sheltered life LOL

Tasha405
07-13-2005, 07:03 PM
I would probably sell everything I could and just take things that meant the most to me or what I knew I couldn't replace. Congrats and I hope you like it.

Can I come for a visit too? :D

cinnamonch
07-13-2005, 07:09 PM
How soon you issuing out the visiting packages? I'm putting my request in now :D

Buttrfli - all animals and plants entering Hawaii are put in quarantine. Hawaii doesnt have the illnessess like the other states do and this is one way to make sure they dont.

buttrfli
07-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Buttrfli - all animals and plants entering Hawaii are put in quarantine. Hawaii doesnt have the illnessess like the other states do and this is one way to make sure they dont.

bribella
07-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Oohh, I am so jealous! Can I just come visit you? :) I believe that your dog will be in quarantine for about 6 months... wow I can't believe it would cost that much to ship your car, but you do what you gotta do. :) Unless you are attached to things I'd sell what you can and just replace the rest. You never know what might happen if you leave it in storage (like a flood...) Plus that will be a lot of money for 2-3 yrs and with all the money you would spend you could probably just replace the stuff. Ohh! I'm still so jealous! You are going to have so much fun. :D
Yeah according to hawaii agriculture website he would have to be quarantined for up to 120 days unless I get him a certificate of health and a whole bunch of other documents. I still have to work out all the fine details of it all of course.

Aloha from paradise
07-13-2005, 10:17 PM
We had to have our animals quarantined for 4 months when we moved over here almost 11 years ago. It used to be 6 months, then they lowered it to 4 months. Now you can have all the stuff done before you come and that way your dog doesn't have to be quarantined. Be prepared to pay a lot of money. Our son and wife did all the stuff for their dog before moving here so the dog could skip quarantine. Depending on how soon you are moving over you might want to get started on that. We also shipped our car and a container with some personal stuff. Just be warned! Everything is so very expensive over here. Food, furniture, you name it. Oh, the reason for the quarantine is because Hawaii has never had a case of rabies and wants to keep it like that. If you can avoid doing the 4 month quartine and have it all done so she just goes with you I would highly recommend it. We did complete care in quarantine. That meant we were there everyday to feed them, clean the kennels ect. If you don't do complete care you can only go in on certain hours and days. We saw so many dogs die while we were there. I'm not trying to scare you but if you can avoid the 4 month quarantine it's worth every dollar you have to spend. When we came over it was $3450.00 for all seven animals. You would have thought that since we took care of the animals ourselfs it would have been cheaper but not so. If I can help you with any questions please feel free to ask. I live on the island of Kauai.
Aloha Shirl