PDA

View Full Version : Brat Camp

buttrfli
07-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Anyone going to watch it tonight? I have never even heard of the show (no previews or anything) until I was looking to see what was on tonight.

I am going to watch... I can only imagine that my mom wishes there were a brat camp for me when I was a teen LOL

YNKYH8R
07-14-2005, 05:18 AM
My wife and I saw it last night. It was very good. But one thing we noticed right off is that all of the children’s parents are really old, and two children were adopted. I wouldn’t be surprised if “inability to connect with parents” is the cause of a lot of the problems.

And that girl Jada’s parents don’t seem to know a thing about her.

buttrfli
07-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Boy, these kids are angels compared to me when I was a teen LOL

I noticed that the parents were older as well. As I was watching it I couldn't help but wonder if this is one of the "brat camps" that were all over the news several years back where kids were mistreated and a few of them died. Not sure if its a show about helping the kids or improving the image of the camps.... either way, I did like it and I like the approaches that the counselors have with the kids. The whole "keep calm" thing is nice... I'd never be able to do it tho LOL

renagade
07-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Too bad these were around when my sis was small. She was a brat big time.

schsa
07-16-2005, 03:47 AM
I really enjoyed it. The kids were out of control but the parents didn't look like they were into major discipline either. And if your daughter is sexually molested why isn't she in therapy? This poor kid is still dealing with the guilt. Then the one who's father died - she and her mother need some serious counselling together since it looks like her mother has remarried. Then the kid who is just violent - I wonder if he doesn't have learning disabilities as well. It would make sense if he also has problems socializing with other people.

I can't wait to see next week and see how this turns out.

MamaFairal
07-17-2005, 11:40 AM
this show rocks!
I hope they do more of them after this series !!

schsa
07-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Now we are on to show 3 I am almost starting to feel a bit sorry for these kids. Walking through a blizzard is not my idea of a good time. I know that they are with experienced outdoors people, but it makes me nervous. I must say that l liked the first letters home where the one girl was telling her parents that her hair was falling out.

Geesh I can't wait to see who gets out in 40 days and who doesn't.

JKATHERINE
07-26-2005, 04:23 AM
I don't feel sorry for them one bit. They're spoiled little brats (much can be blamed on their passive parents, though) and probably the only thing that's going to get their lives on a good track is some good old 'tough love.' They're learning to express themselves, deal with their anger productively and become independent all while showing a little respect and compassion for other people.