PDA

View Full Version : Land of the Dead, anyone see it?

Shann
07-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Just curious. I wanted opinions on it since only one person I know here has seen it. I know that it is similiar to Dawn of the Dead, but it has to be better than Shaun of the Dead. :rolleyes: If it compairs to Saw, I will just stay home and stick my head in cold water... I'd have more fun that way. :eek: ;) Ok.. yeah, I hated Saw, I thought it was ridiculous and unrealistic more so than the other "scary" movies out there. That cop obviously wasn't very bright and didn't go by the book and if you are that dumb in a movie, yeah, you deserve to be killed off. *notice I said in a movie* Reviews please! Is it worth seeing at all or in the theater or just wait til it comes out to cable? TIA. :D

cookiegirl
07-02-2005, 07:01 AM
Shanny my son saw it and loved it. He is a huge fan of George A Romero.
I hope this helps.

Shann
07-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Thanks cookiegirl. :D I love scary movies and really do want to see it. The reviews I have seen were not all that bad. :)

cookiegirl
07-02-2005, 03:21 PM
We love scary and horror movies too. I will probably see it this weekend. It is so hot what else is there to do.

renagade
07-02-2005, 05:24 PM
cant do scary movies I beat up hubby at night LOL

Shann
07-02-2005, 11:24 PM
We love scary and horror movies too. I will probably see it this weekend. It is so hot what else is there to do.

I know! We'll probably clean and then hang in the pool. I need to go through my stuff in the garage, but it's just too hot during the day and we seem to have attracted cockroaches. :o Thankfully they are only in the garage and backyard, but man.. the other day I didn't even know we had any and went to get something, put my foot down and 5 YES 5 of them buggers all ran towards my foot!!! :eek: :eek: OMG! Since I put those roach motels I haven't seen very many.. :D

I don't know where my love of scary movies came from.. no one else likes them and it was always hard finding someone to go to them w/ when I was growing up. Thankfully I have quite a few friends that love them too. :D And I'm thankful to not have nightmares after scary movies except Goonies. ;) But I was like 5 then. ;)

Shann
07-02-2005, 11:25 PM
cant do scary movies I beat up hubby at night LOL

hehe, bet he loves that! Whoever I settle down w/ HAS to love scary movies. I need a big protector. LOL I've been known to take my blanket in when I am unsure if I'll know anyone when I go to an advance screening. Plus I get really cold in those theaters. ;)

ahippiechic
07-02-2005, 11:27 PM
I thought it was pretty good.

silvermist
07-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I thought it wasn't so much scarey as it was gory. I thought it was alright. Kinda reminded me of 28 days later except that had more plot but less gore.