PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Natalee Holloway is still alive?

Donnagg123
07-01-2005, 05:50 PM
I say no way. I think she has been gone way too long. What do you guys think? It is sad either way. :(

buttrfli
07-01-2005, 05:55 PM
they said the same thing about elizabeth smart

I realize that the chances are slim, but stranger things have happened.... funny thing to say considering the title under you name...

Donnagg123
07-01-2005, 05:57 PM
funny thing to say considering the title under you name...
:confused: :confused: That is just a saying ... a play on words...not meant to be taken literally

Denise1972
07-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I thought that one of the people said they admitted to killer her. Was that a lie? I know I heard that somewhere.

I think sadly she is dead. There may be a slim chance she is alive. If she was killed, I hope she didnt suffer.

Shann
07-01-2005, 08:09 PM
I heard this yesterday.. thought it was interesting. Apparently this is not an uncommon thing down there. About 50-60 women (allegedly) go missing each year. Someone takes them, drugs them up and has them work in a brothel. They will even change the color of their hair and keep them well drugged up. Then about 6-9 months later they will drop them off on a beach and just leave them there. :( Of course, I don't know that this is true and don't have a story or anything to back it up but thought I'd share for all those to ponder. It's so sad.. who thinks they have the right to take someone away from their family? Why can't they just let ppl be? :mad:

Bubblescc
07-02-2005, 12:04 AM
She could be but I dont know, Its just awful either way.....

Tasha405
07-02-2005, 04:35 AM
It would be wonderful if she is alive but I don't think she is. She's been gone way to long now. I know, its happened in the past and some have been alive after several months but it doesn't happen that often. :(

Eyore
07-02-2005, 04:40 AM
I heard this yesterday.. thought it was interesting. Apparently this is not an uncommon thing down there. About 50-60 women (allegedly) go missing each year. Someone takes them, drugs them up and has them work in a brothel. They will even change the color of their hair and keep them well drugged up. Then about 6-9 months later they will drop them off on a beach and just leave them there. :( Of course, I don't know that this is true and don't have a story or anything to back it up but thought I'd share for all those to ponder. It's so sad.. who thinks they have the right to take someone away from their family? Why can't they just let ppl be? :mad:

This is also called white slavery. That is what I think has happened to her. I think she is alive but she is being held a prisoner like in a brothel or sold to a private person for there own pleasures.
I hope they find out what happened to her for sure and soon.

schsa
07-02-2005, 12:06 PM
If she is alive, she is extremely well hidden and no one is going to say where she is. I hope that she is alive and manages to call home, but there is a part of me that says that she is gone.

ang in NC
07-02-2005, 05:22 PM
It goes to show you never can tell!

Technologist
07-02-2005, 07:21 PM
She is shark bait....

Katt
07-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Tell us what you really think Tech. :p

nightrider127
07-03-2005, 02:54 AM
She is shark bait....

Sadly, I agree with Technologist.

Here's hoping that me and everyone else who feels this way is very wrong.

slyred
07-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately I think too much time has gone by and with too few clues (well that we know of). I just hope for her poor family's sake they find her alive (miracles happen) or find her so they can have some "closure."

DreamWorld
07-04-2005, 06:10 AM
She is shark bait....

Sadly, I agree with Technologist.

Here's hoping that me and everyone else who feels this way is very wrong.

I have thought the same. The island is small and they haven't found her. :(

papeach
07-04-2005, 06:25 AM
Ditto. I Read 2 Days Ago That They Were Treating It As A Murder From Almost The Start. The Article Said It Was Because Of Emails And Text Messages Between The 3 Boys On The Night Of Her Disappearance.

dv8grl
11-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Natalee Holloway: Remains Found?
http://www.thirdage.com/news/natalee-holloway-remains-found_11-16-2010

Natalee Holloway investigators may be getting the break they need as forensic scientists in the Netherlands are examining a human jawbone to determine if it belongs to the missing Alabama teenager, prosecutors said.

A spokesman for the Aruban Public Prosecutor's office said the bone was found on the beach of the Phoenix Hotel near one of the locations mentioned by the main suspect in Holloway's disappearance, Radio Netherlands Worldwide reported Tuesday.

The American teenager was on a graduation trip to the Dutch Caribbean island in May 2005 when she disappeared after leaving a nightclub with three local youths.

One of those youths, Joran van der Sloot, is currently being held in Peru where he is awaiting trial for the death of a young Peruvian woman, dutchnews.nl reported.

Van der Sloot was the last person seen with Natalee and has given police information about her death.

In September Holloway's mother was in Peru and spoke with Van der Sloot concerning her daughter's disappearance, a TV program reported.

The TV show reported that Beth Holloway spoke to the suspect for about 5 minutes before he ended the meeting because his lawyer was absent.

Holloway and Dutch journalist Peter de Vries visited van der Sloot at Castro Castro prison, producers for de Vries indicated in a CNN report.

De Vries, who is filming a documentary, accompanied Beth Holloway to Peru, the report said.

De Vries did not say specifically whether he and Holloway met van der Sloot. He said prison officials knew of the visit but denied they detained him and Holloway and confiscated his film crew's gear, CNN said.

freeby4me
11-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Wow, I do kind of hope it is her, only for closure for her Mum, but I still hope they find her alive.
Thanks for the update. :(

gmyers
11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
I hope it is the remains so the family can have some closure.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Would be bittersweet if indeed it is part of her remains, but it would be closure for her grieving family.

BeanieLuvR
11-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I would like for her mom to have closure. I wish that pig Joran would tell what he did with her body.

DBackFan
11-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Breaking News: Aruba prosecutors say jawbone found on beach does not belong to Natalee Holloway.

dv8grl
11-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Aruba: Jawbone not that of Natalee Holloway
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cb_aruba_missing_teen;_ylt=AtXOVVYKQAsSFz_KgXP6rvK s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNwMnYxcHI0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAxMTI zL2NiX2FydWJhX21pc3NpbmdfdGVlbgRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wd WxhcgRjcG9zAzUEcG9zAzIEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9 oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNhcnViYWphd2JvbmU-
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico – The prosecutor's office in Aruba says a jawbone with a tooth recently found on a beach does not belong to missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway.

The agency says that an analysis based on dental records rules out that the bone fragment came from her. It says forensic scientists in the Netherlands conducted a detailed examination.

Officials said Tuesday that the jawbone is human. It is unclear whom it belongs to.

The Mountain Brook, Alabama, student was 18 when she disappeared while on a high school graduation trip in 2005.

She was last seen leaving a bar with Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in her disappearance, on the final night of her trip.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

A jawbone found on an Aruba beach has officials wondering if it could be the remains of missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway. On Tuesday, they plan to announce the result of tests that might determine if it is.

Ann Angela, a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office on the Dutch Caribbean island, said the announcement will be made sometime in the afternoon. She declined give more details or to say if the result would be definitive.

The bone with one tooth in it was found recently by a tourist on a beach. Aruba prosecutors so far have not yet even publicly confirmed that the bone is human, though forensic scientists in the Netherlands requested Holloway's dental records last week to help them analyze it.

Dave Holloway, the teen's father, did not respond to calls for comment.

Carol Standifer, who said she is close friends with the teen's mother, Beth Twitty, told CBS's "The Early Show" that Twitty is prepared for the results, whatever they may be.

"This is what we really have been searching for over five years," she said. "I think if it is Natalee, there will be some semblance of closure. Of course, it won't be complete closure, because we really don't know for sure exactly what happened."

The Mountain Brook, Alabama, student was 18 when she disappeared while on a high school graduation trip in 2005.

She was last seen leaving a bar with Dutchman Joran van der Sloot, the prime suspect in her disappearance, on the final night of her trip.

Aruba prosecutors have repeatedly said they lack evidence to charge Van der Sloot, who is currently in jail in Peru, accused of killing a 21-year-old woman last May 30 — five years to the day after Holloway's disappearance. He has denied killing Holloway.

U.S. law enforcement officials have charged Van der Sloot with trying to extort money from Holloway's mother to reveal the location of Holloway's body.

DAVESBABYDOLL
11-23-2010, 12:17 PM
In this case, it couldn't be a good answer either way. I mean, if it is, the know for sure she is dead. Since it isn't, they will still hope. I just wish he would tell them, even if just to clear his conscience.