PDA

View Full Version : You know what they say about when it rains, it POURS....well rain rain go away

iluvmybaby
06-24-2005, 05:56 PM
It has been a LONG day here in TN, my mom and I went to do some shopping @ Wally World, afterwards grabbed lunch and went to the grocery store, keep in mind it is 98 here. Exited grocery store and my moms car wont start, waited a while, and still nothing. Finally, decided to call a tow truck because my mom has roadside assistance, we had to wait an hour and a half for a wrecker to show up, meanwhile we had about $75 worth of groceries in are car, convientily the one "Friend" I have around here wasnt home when I called for a ride for my mom because she was so overheated. GOt the car to the stop and it is MAYBE monday before we can look at it, my car is out of operation, so we are now without a car, PERIOD. We live in a rural county with nothing within walking distance, the one dollar store is within a mile and a half but it doesnt open up until 9 and it is in the 90s here, so no way it is within walking distance. Anyways, just needed to vent, did I mention out fridge died last week and we had to get a new one? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
So rain, rain go away, NEVER come back. I hope this is it, they know what you say about trouble coming in threes, I am still feeling sick from being out in the eat, my mom was so upset she wouldnt go inside and sit down so I waited outside with her, right now this is not something we need financially wise, we are just kinda scraping by like 99.9% of the world right now

sugar206
06-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Thats terrible especially when its hot out. I am in the sitch by babies daddy wrecked my car last week! Hope you get your car fixed soon.

Bubblescc
06-24-2005, 07:00 PM
I am so sorry! I will keep you and yours in my prayers if thats ok?

Shann
06-24-2005, 08:57 PM
*hugs* I hope the rain does go away from you. It has definitely put you through the wringer. :(

hblueeyes
06-25-2005, 05:27 AM
Something similar just happened to me. I drove the 100 miles to my Moms for some banking business which was another 40 miles from her house, turned out the bank was closed on thursdays. Went to the grocery store another 27 mile drive one way and bought some meat, fruit and stuff because the prices were great compared to here. Drove the 100 miles back home but as I am on I 55 about 1 mile from my exit, I loose my transmission. Made it to the access road on rte 12/20/45 to put in soome trans fluid. It was enough to get me the 5 miles home. I am thankful it did not happen on 115. Going there and coming back I saw a total of 4 cars. Got quotes from $1200-$4000. Now I am waitiing for the guy to call and tell me exactly how much. I hope it is the low end but it never is. I need my van and I cannot afford a new van so I guess I am stuck getting it fixed.

Living in rural America definitely has its drawbacks.

Me :p

iluvmybaby
06-25-2005, 07:34 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Man oh man, my friend just called, TWO of her vechiles have broken down and they are trying to scramble to fix ONE so that her husband can commute to work, he works an hour away @ night, they are in massive debt and trying to stay afloat, so I guess when it rains it pours on EVERYONE not just me, I was having a major pity party last night, now I am over it now that I am feeling human again :)

Angel Lips
06-25-2005, 04:50 PM
((((hugs)))) sorry

Tasha405
06-28-2005, 05:48 AM
Have you heard anything about the car yet?

I hope things are better for you now. (((Hugs)))

schsa
06-28-2005, 07:56 AM
I hate being out in the heat. It makes me very sick. And having groceries out in the heat as well!! I feel for you. I just went through having my last car bite the dust about 90 miles from home. Thanks to a really nice Coast Guard officer, I got home. He stopped and helped me contact the local state patrol and then drove me all the way home. (he was going that way to go to school at our local base).

I feel your pain. $600+ and a week later the mechanics declared my car dead. (Ok, for an additional $1200 they could have fixed it but the car wasn't worth that much). I called the local Honda dealer and bought a car in two hours. I am grateful that I could do that but still, I really hated to have a car payment again.

Buying a car is not cheap by any means. I know how hard it can be. I wish you only the best.

hblueeyes
06-29-2005, 07:25 AM
The verdict is in on my van. $1500 to rebuild with 90 day warranty or $1950 for rebuild with all new parts with 3 year warranty. I'll pay the extra $450 for 3 years peace of mind. I need to extend the loan but at least it should last another year after the loan is paid. It gives me time to save for something new(er).

Me :p