PDA

View Full Version : yesterday's wildlife........

eeyore329
06-24-2005, 07:18 AM
as most of you have already read.........my DH killed a snake yesterday in our yard.........well in the afternoon, he was hanging another tree swing in the other side of the yard.........he was looking for a good tree limb. He was looking up in the tree and asked me what that was...I couldn't see.. my contacts were in there case.......LOL anyway while we were looking up we heard a bird and looked down to see a baby bluejay hoping on the ground....our 8 yr old son tried to catch it and our 5yr old daughter helped.....our 9 yr old joined in.....needless to say they would get it and it would hop. LOL my DH got ahold of it and we put it in this little bug tent and gave it some water..........then we realized that the thing we saw in the tree was another one.......about 10 min later, it was hopping on the ground and trying to fly.........so we had 2 birds with no mama bird.......I called my grandmother......who raises birds and she came to get them. She know a woman who takes orphaned wildlife and takes care of them and teaches them to go back in to the wild. They were the cutest things.......they had most of their feathers, but no tail feathers.
Im waiting on an update to see how they are. They had just eaten and were asleep on a teddy bear the last time I talked to her last night.

YankeeMary
06-24-2005, 07:25 AM
Its a good thing he killed the snake, because he might have eaten those little birdies. I am glad they are safe. Isn't nature just wonderful. Minus the bugs of course...lol.

Angel Lips
06-24-2005, 10:11 AM
glad that you were able to get someone to care for them so they will be ok and safe