PDA

View Full Version : How long would you wait?

bribella
06-19-2005, 06:59 PM
To freport a non paying bidder with ebay?

This person won an auction of mine on 6/11 and I do state in my auctions that I need some sort of contact within 3 days ect.

I invoiced them and kinda forgot about it until this past friday realized I hadnt heard anything so I sent them a reminder invoice yesterday and still no response. It has been 8 days since the auction ended.

I had to pay selling fees for this and want them back if this person isnt going to pay.

lisahiser
06-19-2005, 07:23 PM
I sell on ebay too and I have written in my listing that payment is to be to me in 7 days. That gives the person and the mail plenty of time to get it to me. I only take money orders or paypal. and if I haven't received anything within 7 days, no email or anything as to what is going on I report them as a non-paying bidder. I let it slide a couple of times and ended up having bite my in the rear, so I stopped being nice. I had one guy fight me the whole time and he tried to tell me he had 7 days from when ebay contacted him and I told him no he didn't he had 7 days from the end of the auction to pay. I sent him an invoice every single day at the end of the auction, so he had no way out of it, and that if he needed more time to pay he should have contacted me, but as far as I see it, if you don't have the money to pay for something then why are you bidding on things? Its not like you can go to a store and say "Hey I don't have any money but I will pay you for these groceries later!" - lol it doesn't work that way. Plus the guy even had the nerve as I was waiting for his money order to tell ebay he hadn't received his item yet and of course my reply was, I don't send an item until I receive payment.

now that I babbled on....lol
I would report them to ebay, that usually wakes people up and then they have to respond to ebay, everytime they log onto ebay using their account a pop-up will come up stating that they have a non-paying dispute against them.if they don't respond to ebay, then after 7 days you will have the charges for the item taken off your account. it sucks that you have to wait that long but at least you can relist it.
Plus if they are really crappy to you or if you just don't want to go threw this again, make sure you get them on your block bidder list.

bribella
06-19-2005, 07:33 PM
thanks! :) I thnk I will contact them and let them know they have 48hrs to contact me regarding payment and then I'll report them to ebay.