PDA

View Full Version : What do you have planned for the kiddo's this summer??

sunflowers
06-08-2005, 01:06 PM
We have plans to go to the Key West

We are going to Bush Gardens

We are going to the Def Lepperd Concert

I signed them up for 2 VBS

We are going boating and fishing and to the beach

Should be a very interesting and busy summer!!!!!!!!! :p

Red64
06-08-2005, 04:32 PM
We have swimming lessons planned, joined a pool, next week they go to camp invention, and we do all the free stuff we can find, like at the parks and the library. Also my son has piano lessons every week which go through the summer and my 7 year old ballerina who doesn't have ballet in the summer will be taking a few guitar lessons this summer to get her going on that. We don't have any vacations planned this summer cause hubby is getting a business off the ground (www.heiwaytravel.com) and we have a Disney Cruise planned for next April and that is all we can afford for now. Maybe I can talk him into a weekend at the beach at some point before summer ends...

Camp Invention: http://www.invent.org/camp_invention/2_1_0_camp.asp
Ellie's first guitar: http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?itemid=40367&SourceType=RecentItems

impatient
06-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Not a whole lot of big plans but will keep busy doing lots of little things.
we go fishing alot, my son goes to Michaels kids club, lowes kids workshop and homedepot workshop. He loves those. He also is reading alot! And our library has activites going on. and at some point he will go to vbs.We have relatives visiting from out of state. My son and I have started walking for exercise!! Which we both could use right now!!
And best of all our son who is in iraq right now might be coming home-just for leave- in july!!!! We are hoping he does get to. He has been over there for almost seven months! Our youngest really misses him!!And has been taking this hard. So I hope!!

On top of all that my son wanted to find ways to earn money this summer and we talked about it and he wanted to start right away! So he decided to try and sell cookies. He has made just over ten dollars, in two days! He sells them outside of our little store here. People have been really nice to him, some people pay over the asking price to help him out! I have warned him tho that he can't do this too often as people won't want to do this everyday. But he is really excited about this!! He is really thinking of ways to earn money now! Glad he doesn't see me as his bank any more! He even helped bake the ones today and offered to help pay for the ingredents!
So sweet! So I will be helping him with this also.

Hope everyone else has a good summer!!

MistyWolf
06-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Going to Florida in July .. kids will miss VBS this year cause we'll be in Florida .. and planning on doing the beach a lot.

budlite
06-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Ok call me crazy but what is VBS? We have a sprinkle park 2 minutes from home that is free. Also my older son wil go to camp for 3 weeks. They also both will go to free tennis lesson. I will take them to swimming pool. Librabry, park, ANd in aug tothe jersey shore for a week.

also going to my sil house who had a big pool with diving board, jazzucci and a big big back yard.......

IselaRose
06-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Taking my young one to the dog park, and the beach that lets dogs be free. My dog is the only kid my husband and I have. We really want to start a family though. We're both 23 and even though we both know we're still young in many people's eyes, we both
want a little one to be part of our family. We have miscarried twice and It's been tough, but we remain hopeful

All of your kids are going to have great fun. Want company? I am available for babysitting, and chasing kids. :)

Tasha405
06-09-2005, 12:41 PM
Ok call me crazy but what is VBS?
Vacation Bible School :)

We went to Pigeon Forge, TN for a week in April for vacation so that was one of our big plans for this year. We will probably take the kids back to Columbus Zoo after it cools off some. I can't stand being out in the heat. We've also been talking about going to Cedar Point some time this summer.

My two little ones (4 yr old & 1 yr old) is currently in WV visiting their grandparents. They've been there since Memorial Day and should be coming home next week.

I'm not sure what my oldest son will be doing because it all depends on if he passes or not. He will probably go with us on some trips but I doubt he gets to go to WV for a few weeks like he was wanting to.

Mummyof3
06-09-2005, 12:44 PM
We try to stay busy in the summer.

Our school sells movie tickets to dickenson movie theaters and the ticket is $9 and gets you into 10 movies. They are old movies like "are we there yet",spongebob squarepants,Winn Dixie, ect.So we are going to the movies at least once a week if not twice.We bought a zoo pass.We go to the park,library,vbs (vacation bible school),the pool (usually only once or twice a month).My oldest is doing summer school for 19 days he choose to learn about Laura Ingalls Wilder and they are making quilts,log cabins,covered wagons.We are going to Ohio in July to see my family.
Other then that nothing. We try to do at least 2 activities a week. I babysit two little girls but one is only part time in the summer and the other is gone every other friday so that is pool day.

Have a fun summer ladies

Tadbit
06-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Ok call me crazy but what is VBS?

VBS is Vacation Bible School. My grandson is going this week, but my granddaughter has summer school to get her prepared for kindergarten until June 24th, so she was unable to go. My daughter who is almost 17 is putting in more hours at her job, so between spending time with her boyfriend, and other friends, and her voice lessons and all the things teens like to do, she will be staying busy. We have already had a bunch of kids over for a water fight this year with balloons and water guns in the back yard,and we will be doing the library and park. We will also be doing some camping this year and the grandkids and I will be doing some writing, reading and craft projects to keep them ready for when school starts. We also have some Museums here that I would like to take them too and I would also like to take them to the zoo. We are planning a trip to the Marble Factory in a couple of weeks as well. We will spend some weekends out at my friend's Lake cabin soaking up some sun. We won't get to do a vacation this year, just can't afford it.

llbriteyes
06-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Finally! No kiddies to worry about this year! My youngest turned 21, and even though she and her brother (23) will live at home this summer, Hubby and I are doing our OWN thing! woohoo!

I'll post about what our OWN thing is in another post. Pretty cool, and I couldn't have asked for more!

Linda

dixie1596
06-09-2005, 04:02 PM
well, my youngest is going to YMCA camp called camp grace, it is for high functioning austic childern, 2 weeks in june, two weeks in july(if the car keeps running,lol) he got a full scholarship,thank the Lord! and then is august he is going to his first overnight camp ever! it is for autisic kids too, a whole week with him, i will be so lost(really i will!)
our 17 yr old is working and doing her thing, so whil jc is at camp in august, mom and dad will just "chill" at home

plus the movie theather here is having free movie day twice a week untill the end of augest, so while camp is out we will hit that every week, hey.. if it's free it is for me!!!

3lilpigs
06-11-2005, 04:40 AM
I dont have kids, but i have 2 neices. each year, i promise to take them somewhere for the day (seperatly) if they pass into the next grade. i let them pick where.
then i take them for 4-5 days on vacation where ever they want to go.(seperatly, and within reason). we usually end up at local amusement parks, water parks, or the ocean. it gives me a chance to spend time with them, and them to spend time away from each other..lol ;)

teenap
06-11-2005, 11:38 AM
I wouldnt spend the money for dl tickets, but that may be just me, rather boring imo
my xhubby was a HUGE dl fan and sang like them and he was even bored at the concert

sunflowers
06-11-2005, 12:31 PM
I wouldnt spend the money for dl tickets, but that may be just me, rather boring imo
my xhubby was a HUGE dl fan and sang like them and he was even bored at the concert

I didnt have to :D ....We got 6 free box seats tickets all the food/drink/beer you can drink...since it was free why not....
Tesla is opening up for them....( I dont know them as well) but hey free food!!!

Tasha405
06-11-2005, 12:33 PM
I didnt have to :D ....We got 6 free box seats tickets all the food/drink/beer you can drink...since it was free why not....
Tesla is opening up for them....( I dont know them as well) but hey free food!!!
Oh thats cool! I would love to go. They used to have some pretty good songs out when I was younger. :D

Here is a link so some of Tesla's music (lyrics)

http://www.oldielyrics.com/t/tesla.html

Shann
06-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Whoo.. me and the puppies have a big summer planned. We are going to take them to the dog park and up to the mountains and of course we'll hang by the pool while I loung in it. ;) Maybe go to PetSmart or Petco a few times... and my favorite, I get to leave them here for two weeks while I go back to visit my famiy... Ok so I'll actually really miss them, but they're pretty self sufficent. :D That's my summer so far, I'd like to take a trip to Cali w/ the doggies, but we shall see. :)

Wait... do doggies count as kiddos? ;)

sunflowers
06-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Oh thats cool! I would love to go. They used to have some pretty good songs out when I was younger. :D

Here is a link so some of Tesla's music (lyrics)

http://www.oldielyrics.com/t/tesla.html

I knew a whole 2 songs(at least by the title) but will probably know more when I hear them,,,,

Thanks!!