PDA

View Full Version : computer help?

ntgsmommy
05-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Is anyone else having Internet Explorer crash when they come here? :confused: My pop-up is on, and I get three or four pop-up stops, then IE crashes....anyone? :confused: If so, how do you stop it? :confused: I have windows xp. Thanks... :p

Shann
05-29-2005, 10:55 PM
Sorry no help here... although when I post a reply it takes forever for my response to be posted. Like I'll hit post reply and then see the little progress bar and it takes f o r e v e r and then a white page and a few minutes after that it will bring me back to the page w/ my reply. Sometimes I end up hitting refresh b/c it takes sooooooooooo long. :( UGH. I hope some one can help you.

thedragonlady
05-30-2005, 12:41 AM
I can't help either. I have XP but it's not crashing. What mine is doing is if I click on the back button, nothing happens. I have to use the drop down menu and click on the page. Arrrrrgh!

rlynn411
05-30-2005, 04:37 AM
I've noticed it's slightly slower than normal here lately. Also the bluetime popup is getting past my pop up blocker......but its actually more like a pop under which may explain why its getting through.

sunflowers
05-30-2005, 05:35 AM
Is anyone else having Internet Explorer crash when they come here? :confused: My pop-up is on, and I get three or four pop-up stops, then IE crashes....anyone? :confused: If so, how do you stop it? :confused: I have windows xp. Thanks... :p

well it happened to me 2 weeks ago.... and it cost me greatly...to the tune of $900 we had to get a whole new computer. Not saying this site caused it but I do spend most of the day on here and experience a lot of problems lately. :mad:

Shann
05-30-2005, 07:40 PM
well it happened to me 2 weeks ago.... and it cost me greatly...to the tune of $900 we had to get a whole new computer. Not saying this site caused it but I do spend most of the day on here and experience a lot of problems lately. :mad:

Our computer had to be taken in due to a virus.. that was a bit pricy. :(

I kept getting that blue..something pop up too, until I downloaded the google toolbar and it seems that zonealarm is now taking care of it. It wasn't last week, but google was.

flute
05-31-2005, 04:12 AM
What mine is doing is if I click on the back button, nothing happens.

Ditto!

picklepuss
05-31-2005, 05:43 AM
One word- FIREFOX

sunflowers
05-31-2005, 11:36 AM
One word- FIREFOX

what does that mean??

ntgsmommy
05-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Is it free, and do you have a link? :confused:

picklepuss
05-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Firefox is a browser you can download and it's 1000 times better than IE.It has an autmatic pop up blocker and I have never had anymore spyware after installing and using it.And yes,it's totally FREE.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

ntgsmommy
05-31-2005, 05:21 PM
Firefox is a browser you can download and it's 1000 times better than IE.It has an autmatic pop up blocker and I have never had anymore spyware after installing and using it.And yes,it's totally FREE.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Thanks for the link and info, I have downloaded it, and I'm going to give it a try! ;)