PDA

View Full Version : ACK!! Is anyone watching or already watched Oprah???

buttrfli
05-19-2005, 12:03 PM
OH MY!!! That crying head gives me the creeps! :eek:

Airbuswife
05-19-2005, 12:06 PM
yep i saw that, its just amazing! at first i didnt think "it" was alive, but it was, they had a binky in its mouth. Its wonderful that they helped the little girl survive. :)

for those of you who didnt see it, it was a baby that was born with a conjoined head. Not a whole baby, but just a head. They said it was a triplet (there were two babies) that didnt form. Only 10 cases were ever reported in history of this. They also said this is the ONLY case that the baby survived the removal of the "parasite head". That was the term they used.

Angel Lips
05-19-2005, 12:23 PM
i did see this, it was kinda gross to me, but im glad they saved that baby.

That story about the women who had that dream about the intersection and that rabbit was weird too. It was weird how those dream made her and her daughter find that girl. glad she survived as well.

Unicornmom77
05-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Yeah , I am watching it now. Pretty amazing stuff!

CatrinaF25
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
i dont get it? the baby had no body at all? how did she live? what did they do for her?

Willow
05-19-2005, 02:14 PM
I missed it because I had an appointment but I had seen another show about the baby with two heads before. If I remember correctly they said that eyes could move and it could smile and make noises. Did they remove it? I don't mean to keep saying "it" but I don't know what else to call it.

Shann
05-19-2005, 02:14 PM
It is on now. I turned it over to see "the head" and then turned it back to the news.. It's so gross to me!

Catrina, the baby survived by sort of sharing a brain w/ the other baby. That is where it's nourishment came from. At least that is what I got out of the few minutes I watched. I'm guessing the second baby w/ just the upper part didn't survive the surgery. I can't believe it! How sad for the "head" though... I mean it was a real (sort-of) human. :(

caides_mom
05-19-2005, 05:20 PM
http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200505/tows_past_20050519.jhtml

http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/maged.asp
the baby did have somewhat of a body and she gave birth to twins, well triplets if you count the extra head

MistyWolf
05-19-2005, 08:38 PM
I watched it and it was very sad .. truly a miracle that they were able to save the one child. The attached child was surviving off the child that was saved .. if they wouldn't have removed the attached head, both children would have died.