PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Phil will be hard to watch today. YIKES

janelle
05-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Alcohol and Abuse
Steve and Sheila are high school sweethearts whose lives seem normal from the outside. But shocking home video shows Steve, an alcoholic, passed out on the floor on the verge of death, while Sheila violently slaps, punches, kicks and stomps on him — in front of their two little girls. Find out what Dr. Phil thinks has to happen if they want to keep their children and turn their out-of-control lives around

shellysms
05-19-2005, 10:26 AM
wow....sounds like it will be one of those shows you don't want to watch, but it's like you have too... I'll be watching...I love Dr.Phil.

janelle
05-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Who says women can't get violent. GEESH. I saw the promo and she about kills him. I hope Dr. Phil can help those kids.

Airbuswife
05-19-2005, 10:48 AM
I watched it this morning. It was a very powerful show. the one thing that i didnt like was that she seemed so fake, always wiping her makeup, not really crying, trying to preserve her appearance on tv. I hope they follow through with the counseling and suggestions dr. phil gives them. This is one story i'd like to have updates on.

tracyb
05-19-2005, 12:57 PM
omg....it was so awful to watch....they do not deserve to have those kids in that home....broke my heart for the girls....the mom can say she dont realize how violent she is all she wants but she knows exactly what she is doing....my goodness she was more worried that she had not had a shower yet that day when they took the dad to the hospital frm almost dieing....geeeze....wake up mom and dad and get control....snd the mom is a nurse....you can tell she is easy to anger. when dr.phil was questioning her...wonder how she treats the girls when they get on her bad side
I am so shocked the dad is still alive after all the stomping she did on him....
rediculious

Shann
05-19-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm watching it now. I'm just shocked! :eek: I just couldn't imagine being in their shoes.. I just don't understand why the mother (instead of going into fits of rage and blocking it out) didn't pick her and the kids up and go someplace safe. I have to say that I think HER behavior is worse than HIS. I know that's a tough call, but OMG! I get angry, but I have never gotten that angry on my worse day! I just can't get a gripe on why they stayed living together like that. Those poor kids. :(

Willow
05-19-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm wondering if they are actually going to seperate when they get home like Dr. Phil advised them to do. The wife seemed very aprehensive about it. I was glad that Dr. Phil said what he did to the father about him driving drunk with the kids in the car. That is so scary.

HumblePie98
05-19-2005, 02:52 PM
I didn't think she would either. She's so scared he will find someone else and be happy. To be frank, if I were him I would have done it a long time ago. I realize he isnt perfect in this relationship, but that chick is out of control!