PDA

View Full Version : Parents: Did/Do you have a climber?

Out2Lunch
05-18-2005, 10:48 AM
My son is 15 months old and climbed out of his crib today. My DD was never a climber, so I am lost as to what I should do. It seems so young to put him in a toddler bed?! But he is the type where now that he knows he can do it, he will perfect it!!LOL:) I could really use any advice you all may have! TIA :D

mommyx2
05-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Both my kids had to be put in a toddler bed earlier than that. I feared they might break a bone if I didn't, lol. They were both monkeys by the time they were 10 months old, so needless to say they were both in a toddler bed by a year old. I would say for his own safety put him in a toddler bed, but maybe someone here has a better solution.

Out2Lunch
05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
I am not opposed to putting him in a toddler bed. I just am trying to figure out a way to keep him in it!!LOL

Eyore
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
I was lucky mine wasn't. My son climbed out of his bed once that I can recall and I don't recall my daughter ever doing it. My sisters kids climbed in and out of there beds all the time. But were talking over 20 years ago for my kids and over 30 years ago for hers.
You might consider putting him in a toddler bed before he gets hurt.

Katt
05-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Mine were in a toddler bed at 12 months. They ALL were climbers. Usually though, they were pretty good about staying in bed. But, they were never allowed to sleep with us, or me when my DH was on duty, so they expected that they had to stay in bed. I guess I got lucky and never had any problems.

My problem was when my youngest got 4, he scaled a ceder tree and I found him on the ROOF of our house. :eek: Ohh the times that boy has made me have near heart attacks lol. To this day, he's 7 at the end of this month, and he still climbs anything and everything he comes into contact with. It's no wonder we've had his head sewed up so many times already.

mommyx2
05-18-2005, 11:06 AM
I am not opposed to putting him in a toddler bed. I just am trying to figure out a way to keep him in it!!LOL

lol, well good luck with that one! ;) rope? :confused: :p

Out2Lunch
05-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks everyone! I will be going shopping for a toddler bed ;)

evrita
05-18-2005, 12:14 PM
My daughter was a little over a year she was well is so damn tall we had it on the lowest notch I was going to her room i heard her stir and she was allready one leg over I took that thing apart that day.

She liked to sleep on the floor we put a sleeping bag on the floor and under the bed she loved sleeping there so much

Tasha405
05-18-2005, 12:17 PM
My 4 yr old was and still is! The boy will climb on anything and everything. I think he's got monkey blood or something. lol

I'm serious though. He will climb on book shelves, entertainment centers, bed, chairs and everything else. He's wild. lol

tracyb
05-18-2005, 12:30 PM
both my girls are climbers.....drives me nuts.....when the first dd was 3 she climbed the ladder that her dad had against the house ,because he was on the roof,and the next thing we knew she was about to get on the roof with him...lol...she still loves to climbs trees....mine never got in toddler beds till like 2...but I kept the bed on last notch so they never really climbed out of their beds

Out2Lunch
05-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Well, it's good to know I am not alone with a 'monkey' child!!! :D My quest for a bed was a short one. I called my MIL and one of her friends had one in her basement from her grandson. It's a Little Tikes race car bed that wasn't even slept in and we are only giving $10 for it :eek: (Well, actually she is)

I'm so excited! Hopefully, I can get him settled in his new bed before the new baby comes in Nov. That is my goal anyway!!LOL :)

mommyx2
05-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Well, it's good to know I am not alone with a 'monkey' child!!! :D My quest for a bed was a short one. I called my MIL and one of her friends had one in her basement from her grandson. It's a Little Tikes race car bed that wasn't even slept in and we are only giving $10 for it :eek: (Well, actually she is)

I'm so excited! Hopefully, I can get him settled in his new bed before the new baby comes in Nov. That is my goal anyway!!LOL :)

Wow that is quite a deal! Hope your little guy likes it!

queenangie
05-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Yes, when the little ones can climb out of their cribs, it's time for a toddler bed.

I did see on TV when one set of multiple babies were at this stage,
they each of a see-thru tent on the baby beds, with a zipper on the outside.

It kept the multiple babies in their beds.

Can't image doing without it with 3, 4, 5, etc babies all at once. LOL!

Guess that is why God gave me single births.

Good deal on that new toddler bed!

llbriteyes
05-18-2005, 03:58 PM
My son was a climber. Every morning, we'd wake up to him smearing peanut butter on the bathroom walls. He was painting. lol We even put the peanut butter on top of the fridge, but he'd push a chair, climb up and onto the counter and get it anyway. He went from a crib to a regular bed.

Linda

Freebeemom
05-18-2005, 05:02 PM
My DD Walked at 8 months...climed out of her bed at 9 months and she has been climbing ever since. DH and I joke that she is headed for the circus. SHe has an incredible sense of balance, and no fear....but doesn't have the patience for gymnastics.

Best of luck!! :)

sharinbo
05-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Cadi is mastering the whole walking thing right now, but she can climb ANYWHERE. She has NO FEAR and if I turn my head for a second, she is standing on a dining room chair, climbing up on the table. She sleeps in a pack-n-play right now, as we are staying with my mother, but when we get into our own place again, we are going straight to the toddler bed and not even going to bother setting her crib back up. She climbs baby gates too!

june72
05-18-2005, 07:29 PM
my first 2 boys never climbed much, but my 3rd20 months). shewwwwwwwww LOL
he loves to help with the dishes :eek:
also to climb on the stool in the bathroom to get to his big bubbies tooth brushes.
we had to take his babybed down early because he climbed out too.
the only way I have managed to keep him in bed is in between me and his dad :eek: don't know if will ever get him out of it now. LOL big bubbies were in toddler beds before 2yrs.