PDA

View Full Version : Amber Alert

tiahana
05-17-2005, 10:57 AM
COEUR D'ALENE, ID... - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office has issued an Amber alert for two children missing from a home where three people were found killed east of Coeur d'Alene.(AP) -- Authorities in Kootenai County have released the names of three people found dead in a house.

The victims in the house were identified as 40-year-old Brenda Groene, her 13-year-old son Slade, and 37-year-old Mark McKenzie, all of Coeur d'Alene.

Police are using a helicopter and dogs Tuesday to search a forested area for two children missing from a home where three homicide victims were found Monday.

An Amber Alert continues for a 9-year-old boy and 8-year-old girl missing from the house.

The Amber Alert was issued for Shasta Groene, 8, who is 3-foot-10 and 40 pounds with long auburn hair and hazel eyes, and her brother Dylan Groene, 9, who is 4 feet and 60 pounds, with a blond crewcut and blue eyes.

The children's father, Steven Groene, is not a suspect in the case.

Sheriff's deputies were using helicopters and sticks to search in

thickly forested terrain for the two missing children.

The three people were found dead at a house southeast of town in what officials are calling an obvious triple homicide.

Wolfinger says the mother and father of the children are divorced.

Investigators have talked with the father, and he is not considered a suspect or person of interest.

Kootenai County Sheriff Rocky Watson says investigators have no leads or people of interest in the disappearance of two children.Watson says he's hoping a tip from the public will lead to the children.

Captain Ben Wolfinger of the Kootenai Co. Sheriff's Dept. said deputies found the bodies Monday night at a home near Wolf Lodge Bay after a neighbor reported suspicious circumstances.

Deputies secured the house and obtained a search warrant for Tuesday's investigation.

The two missing children were last seen Monday afternoon when they got off a school bus.

Anyone with information on the children or the triple homicide is asked to call the Kootenai Co. Sheriff's Dept. at 208-446-1300 or 911.

http://www.idahoamberalert.com/

caides_mom
05-17-2005, 11:26 AM
omg! what is going on it's like this is going on everyday! i just don't understand these people that do this~!

schsa
05-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Our world has gotten smaller so that when something like this happens, more people know and the chances that the children will be found increases. Before this kids could be taken and it could take forever to find them. Now with the Amber Alert more of these kids are found quickly and safe.

I think that the Amber Alert is great. On our interstate, they post the car and the tag number so that if you are on the road and spot it, you can call 911 and report it. I think that it makes it much harder to snatch kids. I am alsow willing to bet that this is a family member who did this.

I am sure the kids will show up very soon.