PDA

View Full Version : Finger Traced to Woman Who Blames Wendy's

buttrfli
05-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Gross! She kept it for FOUR months!

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - The finger that a woman said she found in a bowl of Wendy's chili came from an associate of her husband who lost the digit in an industrial accident, police said Friday. "The jig is up. The puzzle pieces are beginning to fall into place," Police Chief Rob Davis said.

The man is from Nevada and lost a part of his finger in an accident last December, Davis said. His identity was traced through a tip made to Wendy's hot line, he said.

He said authorities "positively confirmed that this subject was in fact the source of the fingertip."

Anna Ayala, the woman who said she found the finger, was arrested last month at her suburban Las Vegas home.

Ayala said she bit down on a 1 1/2 inch-long finger fragment while dining with her family in March at a San Jose Wendy's.

But authorities had said they believed the story was a hoax.

Wendy's had offered $100,000 for information on the origin of the finger.

delSol
05-13-2005, 10:53 AM
that is really nasty!

Shann
05-13-2005, 02:08 PM
This is so gross! I'm so sick of hearing of this. Anna is from Vegas and it's talked about on EVERY news broadcast. I'm glad that it was placed and not really an "oops" like Arby's and that ice cream place... Still, it doesn't make me want to eat there. :(

Angel Lips
05-13-2005, 04:29 PM
nasty

freebielover
05-14-2005, 06:10 AM
I hope that woman gets sued for every dime she cost Wendys, she needs to be locked up in a mental institution, that is so disgusting!

MistyWolf
05-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Anyone else's Wendy's doing a free Frosty weekend? Ours are .. guess it's their incentative to get people to come in!

Shann
05-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Ours are! The Wendy's in CA and NV seem to have been hit the most w/ loss profits since CA is where it happened and NV is where she is from. I have to say, I was shocked when I went back to the midwest and no one I knew had heard about it. It really doesn't matter to me, I'm not eating fast food burgers that much... has anyone else notice the portions getting really small (like meat you can see through) but the price going way up?

cSoReNSoN
05-15-2005, 05:14 AM
Ours are! The Wendy's in CA and NV seem to have been hit the most w/ loss profits since CA is where it happened and NV is where she is from. I have to say, I was shocked when I went back to the midwest and no one I knew had heard about it. It really doesn't matter to me, I'm not eating fast food burgers that much... has anyone else notice the portions getting really small (like meat you can see through) but the price going way up?

I live in Detroit and the story has been all over the news! Everyone I know across the state has heard of the story. I saw the free frostys advertised here!

freebielover
05-15-2005, 05:10 PM
I got a free frosty lol, I love Wendys anyways, they have the best salads. I guess I don't eat meat so I wouldn't really know about the portions. I think Wendys will bounce back fine, how can people really be frightened of eating there when it wasn't their fault at all?

irrelevant0
05-15-2005, 09:30 PM
i forgot about the free frosty deal. i meant to go though. i can't imagine keeping a severed finger - this woman must have been desperate for money. i wonder what they will do to her.

buttrfli
05-16-2005, 03:51 AM
I hope they sue HER. I know she couldn't possibly pay back all the money wendys lost, but certainly garnish her wages. I almost said she should have to work at wendys for free for 5 years.... but who knows what she might put in the food for the next person :eek:

YankeeMary
05-16-2005, 04:22 AM
I hope they sue HER. I know she couldn't possibly pay back all the money wendys lost, but certainly garnish her wages. I almost said she should have to work at wendys for free for 5 years.... but who knows what she might put in the food for the next person :eek:
LOL...you are so right...I know this isn't funny but DH and I were talking about this and I said imagine driving through the drive thru and saying "I would like a bowl of chili, hold the finger..hehe...I have been given the finger before just never at Wendy's...LOL... :D

buttrfli
05-16-2005, 04:55 AM
LOL...you are so right...I know this isn't funny but DH and I were talking about this and I said imagine driving through the drive thru and saying "I would like a bowl of chili, hold the finger..hehe...I have been given the finger before just never at Wendy's...LOL... :D

LMAO you are too funny!

flute
05-16-2005, 09:32 AM
glad they found out...