PDA

View Full Version : Update!!! I found my son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NL1720
05-13-2005, 07:01 AM
I can just scream! I got up the nerve to talk to the school principal (and he then called my ex...GRRRRR) but anyway, my son called his Grandma (his dad's Mom) and got my cell and his sister's cell number. He called yesterday evening and we cried, talked, cried, laughed, cried.

Bonus! Me and his sister are picking him up after school today! He is so anxious to see us! Maybe he'll stay over all weekend, we'll see. He was all set to but his dad is trying to talk him out of it - he thinks we're up to something - oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just let me see my Son damnit!

Anyway, we're gonna have dinner together, talk, cry, laugh, discuss the past six years and our hopeful future. God, I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks to every single one of you that said prayers and sent well wishes!!

Photo below is of my son with his sister. :D :D :D :D

http://images.snapfish.com/34392%3C5923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D993%3D5%3B% 3B%3DXROQDF%3E23238649%3B44%3A%3Bot1lsi

delSol
05-13-2005, 07:03 AM
that is great news!!!! congrats to all of you (except the ex)!!! I'm doing the happy dance for you here!

Bud_Girl76
05-13-2005, 07:04 AM
Congrats.. I'm so happy for you..

disneymom
05-13-2005, 07:10 AM
That is FANTASTIC news! I am so happy for you!! I bet you will enjoy every singele second of it!!

mom2cvam
05-13-2005, 07:15 AM
That is wonderful news!! I'm so happy for you! :)

buttrfli
05-13-2005, 07:19 AM
I'm so happy for you :D Be sure to take your camera!

Momof2totsand1teen
05-13-2005, 07:23 AM
:):):) That is GREAT news:):):)

janelle
05-13-2005, 07:25 AM
You go girl. I hope you have court papers so you can at least get visitation. your son should be having vacations with you at least if you live far away.

I knew of a case like this. My hubby's ex married a man like this. He took their son away from her and tried to stop visitation. That is so wrong. He did for awhile but she got it back.

Shancopp
05-13-2005, 07:28 AM
:) :) :)

Great news!!!!!!!!

jcw
05-13-2005, 07:30 AM
That's great. I'm so happy for you. Enjoy your visit

mommyx2
05-13-2005, 07:35 AM
Wonderful news! I am so happy to hear it! :D

turbob
05-13-2005, 07:43 AM
I think this is probably the best news I have ever read here - I am SOOOOOOO happy for you.

MamaFairal
05-13-2005, 07:43 AM
thats awesome....Knew ya would sweetie....

SO how far away is he from you and will ya get to see him lots now?

mrssnoop1
05-13-2005, 07:56 AM
I'm not a lawyer or anything so I'm not sure, but couldn't the ex's actions change the future custody? It's not right that you were without him for so long. Good luck and have a wonderful time. Prayers still being said for you.

shellysms
05-13-2005, 08:12 AM
Great!! enjoy your time together..I hope it all works out!!! Happy Belated Mother's Day!! :)

NL1720
05-13-2005, 08:16 AM
thats awesome....Knew ya would sweetie....

SO how far away is he from you and will ya get to see him lots now?

Answer: He's actually about 40 minutes away. I don't know his address because his dad won't let him or the school release it but that's ok. We have each other's phone numbers, email and messenger names now. Plus he's coming over next weekend too.

NL1720
05-13-2005, 08:19 AM
I'm not a lawyer or anything so I'm not sure, but couldn't the ex's actions change the future custody? It's not right that you were without him for so long. Good luck and have a wonderful time. Prayers still being said for you.

Answer: If my Son wants to come live here then I will go for full custody. I'm just happy for the time I have NOW. But I swear, if my ex starts any crapolla....I am going after him like a mad dog (with my lawyer too). :D

sivohdarba
05-13-2005, 08:23 AM
What wonderful news! :)

Kelsey1224
05-13-2005, 08:28 AM
What wonderful news! :)

I'm with everyone else...it is so nice to read good news for a change.

Enjoy your time with him!!!

KimNRandy
05-13-2005, 09:08 AM
Fantastic news.

Congrats! :)

llbriteyes
05-13-2005, 09:46 AM
I'm so happy for you! I hope you get those court papers straightened out so you can take him home!

Linda

june72
05-13-2005, 11:18 AM
congrats................take lots of pictures and tissues

Sha
05-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Congratulations!! I think it is great to hear such great news! I am with everyone else here, it is some of the best news to hear on this board. I couldn't imagine what it has been like for you to be longing for you son for so long and to now see him for the first time after so many years. Congrats to you and may you have a wonderful weekend with him and many more after this.

YankeeMary
05-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Thank the Lord...I am so excited for you!!! Take lots of pictures...I pray that the day you finally get to be with him that the seconds, minutes, hours, go by ever so slowly! HUGS!!! And here is a bop on the head to that dumb ole principal. Enjoy you deserve it!!!

schsa
05-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Fabulous news. I hope everything works out to your advantage.

Tasha405
05-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Thats great! Congrats and I hope you had a great time with him. Hopefully things will work out and you can stay in touch with him now.

mimi37
05-13-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm glad you finally found him. Enjoy your time together.

purplerose23
05-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Great news! Love always prevails! :) Enjoy your time together!

laughsalot
05-13-2005, 05:50 PM
lord have mercy! I am sitting here crying! Happy tears for you and your son. That is wonderful news. I am so happy that you are reuniting with your son!

queenangie
05-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Congratulations! I've been wondering too.

This is the best news that I've heard today.

Get your lawyer and the paper work started!
He's been without his Mom
and
you've been without your son for too long.

God Bless!

lassss
05-14-2005, 04:33 AM
NL I am soooo happy for you and your son....please move quickly tho before his father decides to yank him outta school and move again.....make sure your son has all your numbers in case his father does decide to move again. Enjoy your time together

NL1720
05-14-2005, 09:20 AM
I will have to talk with my attorney on Monday and see what needs to be done at this point. Let's just say that life at home has not been a pleasant one for him and he barely lives there now, he mainly stays at his friend's homes so he doesn't have to deal with his dad and "wife". That's all I'll say about that. But my Son has a bigtime understanding that if he EVER needs me, no matter what time of day or night, I am there for him asap!

His dad has neglected to care for him. He is definitely going to need surgery in both of his knees, he can't even handle stairs or stand more than 1/2 hour at once without being in pain. :mad:

Ultimately, it needs to be my Son's decision...the school year ends at the end of this month. Who knows what will happen.

I'm just really mad with his dad. Practically the whole time we were together yesterday, he's text messaging him with guilt trips and that I'm out to get something from him and that he's only seeing his Mom (me) to hurt him. I could care less if I run into him, he has nothing to do with this but that's the way it is...always about him. Needless to say the evening ended on a somber note but he's not gonna let his dad stop him from getting together with us. But I swear...if he EVER hits my Son again - :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

nightrider127
05-14-2005, 02:09 PM
My son would be coming to live with me if I was in your position. That child has been neglected, abused even. I would petition the court for full custody. I don't think your son would have any problem coming to stay with you if he is treated that badly at his dads house. I can't type what is going through my mind right now. Just say that I don't feel like having my comments starred out and get banned to boot.

freebielover
05-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Go for full custody, just so he doesn't have to deal with that, poor kid. I am so glad that you found him, best news I've heard in awhile. You must be floating right now, congratulations now enjoy every minute you have with him!

queenangie
05-15-2005, 02:57 PM
What did I miss about his knees? 16 yos should have very healthy knees, young & strong bones & muscles.

Sounds like neglect on his father's part to me too.

Keep us posted.

lassss
05-15-2005, 03:59 PM
I will have to talk with my attorney on Monday and see what needs to be done at this point. Let's just say that life at home has not been a pleasant one for him and he barely lives there now, he mainly stays at his friend's homes so he doesn't have to deal with his dad and "wife". That's all I'll say about that. But my Son has a bigtime understanding that if he EVER needs me, no matter what time of day or night, I am there for him asap!

His dad has neglected to care for him. He is definitely going to need surgery in both of his knees, he can't even handle stairs or stand more than 1/2 hour at once without being in pain. :mad:

Ultimately, it needs to be my Son's decision...the school year ends at the end of this month. Who knows what will happen.

I'm just really mad with his dad. Practically the whole time we were together yesterday, he's text messaging him with guilt trips and that I'm out to get something from him and that he's only seeing his Mom (me) to hurt him. I could care less if I run into him, he has nothing to do with this but that's the way it is...always about him. Needless to say the evening ended on a somber note but he's not gonna let his dad stop him from getting together with us. But I swear...if he EVER hits my Son again - :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

NL..ask your son straight out if he wants to live with you....it does sound like he has been neglected and now that the 2 of you have found each other...don't let him get away...put the offer on the table to your son that you would love for him to live with you and THEN let him make the decision. That boy is your blood..you are his mother..you need to take a stand in his defense if he is being mistreated..it's your job to look after him and protect him...go for custody .

NL1720
05-15-2005, 05:27 PM
NL..ask your son straight out if he wants to live with you....it does sound like he has been neglected and now that the 2 of you have found each other...don't let him get away...put the offer on the table to your son that you would love for him to live with you and THEN let him make the decision. That boy is your blood..you are his mother..you need to take a stand in his defense if he is being mistreated..it's your job to look after him and protect him...go for custody .

I did ask him and he doesn't have any plans to move. I wish he would because we can take much better care of him here. I'm going to work on getting him added to our insurance so he can get the medical care he needs for his knees. I don't know what is wrong with them and he don't know either. All he was told by his gym teacher was that he needs to build up more muscle tissue on his knee caps - those tend to slide around. My DD just went through that surgery this past January on one of her knees and she's all better now. But back to what I was saying: I think he has no intensions of moving because he has alot of friends where he is and with his dad not caring, he pretty much comes and goes as he pleases. He's been know to stay at his friend's houses for a few weeks. My guess is that the friend's parents know somewhat of the circumstances he has at home. We live about 35 miles away/40 minutes away from where he lives now. I would let him have those freedoms but he doesn't want to move. I'll just have to take this one day at a time (with very much worry and concern). He knows to call me ASAP if there's any trouble at home and I will come get him. I will also be speaking with my lawyer come Monday about this and see what I can do to better protect him. I'm not sure what I can do at this point since he doesn't want to leave.

NL1720
05-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Anyone have an opinion as to what I should do here? He's not really intending to move anywhere. Comments?

lassss
05-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Anyone have an opinion as to what I should do here? He's not really intending to move anywhere. Comments?

hmmm that's a tough one to call since he doesn't want to move away from his friends....my son and I moved to the next county and into a new school system and we had a long talk and he just hates it in the new school....so I made a deal with him that I would let him go back to his old school which is about 25 miles from where we live because I still work close to his school as long as he can get up a half an hour earlier to go with me in the morning. The other option (LOL Which is NOT an option in my book) is to let him live with his father who lives near the school. I dunno what your circumstances are but is it an option for you to have him live with you and still let him go to the same school?? Or is it possible to move closer to him?

NL1720
05-16-2005, 04:59 PM
hmmm that's a tough one to call since he doesn't want to move away from his friends....my son and I moved to the next county and into a new school system and we had a long talk and he just hates it in the new school....so I made a deal with him that I would let him go back to his old school which is about 25 miles from where we live because I still work close to his school as long as he can get up a half an hour earlier to go with me in the morning. The other option (LOL Which is NOT an option in my book) is to let him live with his father who lives near the school. I dunno what your circumstances are but is it an option for you to have him live with you and still let him go to the same school?? Or is it possible to move closer to him?

Well, he would probably need a car because I couldn't drive him there and back. I'm gonna stay focused for now on getting the surgery that he needs. It's gonna be a big enough fight for his dad to sign an agreement.

TX_Cowgirl
05-17-2005, 02:46 AM
if it was me i dont think i would put any extra pressure on him sounds like he has enough..and wouldnt want to push him til he thought his dad was right you wanted something from him...cause that is how kids think...and let me say very nice looking young man.....sounds like he is grown up for his age and been lookin out for himself for sometime...its a good thing he has friends that are that good and their parents must know how hard it is for him or they wouldnt let him stay extended days like that...hope you get his knee surgery...and goodluck and congrats on finding him and reuniting him and his sister...

joni1269
05-17-2005, 05:26 AM
(((HUGS)))) I am glad you two are reunited!