PDA

View Full Version : Meaningless ? of the day - when is the last time

turbob
05-01-2005, 11:19 AM
you straightened out your kitchen cupboards? I am not trying to say the anyone here is a bad housekeeper - cleaning kitchen cupboards is about as important to me as dusting baseboards or wiping curtain roads! I had to straighten out my canned goods shelves cause I couldn't get one of the doors to close- and I was amazed at how much stuff had just appeared in there! I have seven cans of chicken noodle soup, and I don't even like the stuff - THREE open containers of salt -one was from Piggly Wiggly, and there isn't a Piggly Wiggly within 1000 miles of where I live, at least 200 tea bags spread in various containers,etc. Anyway, how much stuff is just appearing in your pantry?

teenap
05-01-2005, 11:23 AM
well, I have lived in this house for three years and can say I have never....
I also havent cleaned the fridge either...ewww

Angel Lips
05-01-2005, 11:51 AM
3 weeks ago

Willow
05-01-2005, 11:54 AM
I organize them every week when I go shopping. I have to be able to find stuff or it would drive me crazy. Every few months I will take everything out and wipe them down with a damp cloth. They don't really get dirty so I don't have to do it too often. I clean the refrigerator out once a month but in the mean time if something was to spill I would wipe it up right away.

schsa
05-01-2005, 03:01 PM
I am going to start painting my cabinets this summer (if I get motivated) so that will be the first time since I moved in that I will have cleaned out the cabinets. I put down shelf paper on the assumption that it will take care of the dirt.

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-01-2005, 03:21 PM
two weeks ago

llbriteyes
05-01-2005, 05:02 PM
I go through them every now and again. Anything I have had for more than several months goes in a box and given to the Salvation Army. Same with clothing, except I put a year limit. That covers season changes.

Linda

cleaningla
05-01-2005, 05:09 PM
I just did mine a few days ago. I usually do them every other month. The cupboards with the canned stuff always looks organized, the other cupboard always looks cluttered.