PDA

View Full Version : For those of you who have asked, why do they hate us so much?

mesue
05-01-2005, 12:48 AM
I stumbled on this at another website where they were arguing with the author I assume or anyway the person who posted the webpage. this person made the statement she was not anti-America or anti-American but felt the American people themselves were not aware of the answer to that question and wanted to answer it. She said she hope enlightened people of America and enlightened people in all countries would work together to build a better world and change things. At any rate I have read some of it and it is without a doubt, painful. Anyway I have seen that question asked here a lot so I thought I would share this webpage, just in case someone really wanted the answer. I would really think long and hard before reading you might not want to know the answer to the question after all. Like I said it is painful.
http://www.isometry.com/usahate.html

nightrider127
05-01-2005, 02:05 AM
They may hate us but they sure love our money.

'Nuff said.

JCshopper
05-01-2005, 04:23 AM
Who is this author? Is this really a credible source? Anybody can take pieces of what has happened in history and twist or edit it completely to support their particular view. Simply because it is on a website does not mean it is accurate. Couldn't possible be slanted, now could it?

fatesfaery
05-01-2005, 06:55 AM
the page belongs to (the?) Adelaide Serene Wombat Master Kennington (apparently from Australia)...I'm pretty sure he may be a Alan....his picture is titled Alan.

Did a whois search on his website...definitely Alan Kennington
Domain Name.......... isometry.com
Creation Date........ 1999-04-19
Registration Date.... 2002-04-10
Expiry Date.......... 2006-04-19
Organisation Name.... Alan Kennington
Organisation Address. PO Box 477
Organisation Address. _
Organisation Address. Prospect
Organisation Address. 5082
Organisation Address. SA
Organisation Address. AUSTRALIA

http://www.isometry.com/alan4-3x.jpg
From his home page:
The above photo shows controversial Adelaide Serene Wombat Master Kennington demonstrating the ancient meditation technique known as flying over the fjord with two arms flapping. (This is illegal in China.)
Some of his followers attribute his awesome Inner Vision to such courageous acts of public meditation.
Others feel that his prodigious powers of Cosmic Insight should be attributed rather to his Dialectical Discourses with Tasmanian native Snow Wombats.

A Serene Wombat Master is someone who has graduated from the Seventh Stage of the Serene Wombat Mysteries.
Those who are still in one of the first Seven Stages are known as Wombat Apprentices.
Wombat Apprentices obtain their Wombat Knowledge from Serene Wombat Masters.
Serene Wombat Masters obtain their Wombat Knowledge directly from discourses with the Wild Woolly Wombats.
Discourses with the Wild Woolly Wombats can occur only on freshly fallen snow in the high places where the Wombats have their meditative retreat during the Australian winter.
The Wombat Knowledge is so deep that it cannot be communicated to the uninitiated.
A Serene Wombat Master must communicate the Wombat Knowledge only to Wombat Apprentices of the Seventh Stage.
In turn, a Wombat Apprentice of the Seventh Stage must communicate the Wombat Knowledge to Wombat Apprentices of the Sixth Stage.
And so it goes on until the Knowledge is sufficiently comprehensible for Wombat Apprentices of the First Stage.
Anyone is permitted to enrol as a Wombat Apprentice of the First Stage, upon payment of the customary fee and the sacrifice of Eleven Emus.
Application forms for the First Stage may be obtained from all good Post Offices.
The requirements for each of the other Six Stages will be progressively revealed in accordance with the Ancient Wombat Wisdom after graduation from the Prior Stage.

Political correctness note:
A Serene Wombat Master is master of the Serene Wombat Mysteries, not master of the Serene Wombats.
Serene Wombat Masters do not condone slavery of any kind.
Nor do the Serene Wombats.

Tells me everything I need to know about him and his opinions.

Who is this author? Is this really a credible source? Anybody can take pieces of what has happened in history and twist or edit it completely to support their particular view. Simply because it is on a website does not mean it is accurate. Couldn't possible be slanted, now could it?

schsa
05-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Actually alot of this makes sense if you look at it. We do have a superiority complex. We let our government go into countries and do as they will for the sake of Democracy. We have made alot of mistakes while dealing with the world and the issues of other countries.

I think on a one on one basis, most foreigners would like you. But when our government steps in and enforces it's values there are problems. The problem is not with you or me, it's the policies of our government and it's need to bully other countries. And we have the power to do it.

llbriteyes
05-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I couldn't agree more. Not all countries WANT U.S. aid... in many forms. We give more money to more countries than any other. But it comes with a price. And usually, they're the losers in it. We don't give our OWN country the money and consideration we do to other countries. Look how many poor and starving we have in our own country. How about sharing the wealth a little our OWN way?

Linda.

Actually alot of this makes sense if you look at it. We do have a superiority complex. We let our government go into countries and do as they will for the sake of Democracy. We have made alot of mistakes while dealing with the world and the issues of other countries.

I think on a one on one basis, most foreigners would like you. But when our government steps in and enforces it's values there are problems. The problem is not with you or me, it's the policies of our government and it's need to bully other countries. And we have the power to do it.

queenangie
05-01-2005, 09:23 AM
As one person...I cannot help the entire world.

But, I can help one other person, that needs help.

We as the USA cannot help the entire world.

But, we do help many, many other countries on a daily basis.

schsa
05-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Yes we do help but we also cause alot of damage along the way. But what do we ask in return? We force our policies onto other governments to get our aid. We have CIA doing who knows what. We bully countries that are smaller and weaker financially to "cooperate" with us. Look at the guy that Bush has nominated to be our representative to the UN. The guy is nothing short of a bully. And yet we expect other nations to accept this.

I think that we sometimes need to mind our own business.

JCshopper
05-01-2005, 03:26 PM
WELL, AS LONG AS THE HIGH HOLY WOMBAT SAID IT.... IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

I'll be returning to the ground now.

That just gave me the best laugh I've had in a very long time. Thank you so much!!!!!!

mesue
05-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Your are most welcome but I notice not one word about the information given out on the website, this guy might be the looniest of the loons but if what he is saying is true it does not matter how loony he is. I appreciate your investigational skills so why not use them to disprove or prove the so called facts in this person's answer. Also one should realize that this task will not be easy one way or the other. Our media is so slanted it is a well known fact to anyone looking; even some of our major journalists and producers are leaving due to this, please see http://www.publicintegrity.org/about/about.aspx this is a website by one such journalist,
From 1977 through 1988, Lewis did investigative reporting at ABC News, and at CBS News as a producer for senior correspondent Mike Wallace at 60 Minutes. His stories twice received Emmy nominations in the "Outstanding Investigative Reporting" category by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences

My point is that our media is owned by 6 corporations and some of the these corporations are making money off of the war and believe it or not they have a great deal of influence in what you see on the news and also influence our politicians. Some of those so called mainstream media sources are not too credible if they are giving you filtered news. One of the first things that made me aware of how filtered the news is, was watching a film clip of Bush's first inauguration and seeing the people throwing things at his car. Did you see this on the mainstream news? I certainly did not. My point is what they leave out is just as important as what they tell you. So instead of belittling the messenger prove that the information he is providing is a fact or not. The thing is the people overseas is not getting the filtered news about our country their seeing the real stories and probably getting filtered news about what their county is doing. I'm not saying we are bad people just at times we are kept uninformed of what is being done in our names.

JCshopper
05-01-2005, 05:01 PM
I was not the one who looked up THE WOMBAT, just got a really big kick out of it. To tell you the truth, I really wasn't interested enough. I am one of "those" people who is tired of people tearing this country down. I am happy and proud to be an American. I do not believe there is any other place in the world like the U.S. I don't believe there are any people who are more caring or generous. And I don't think that there are any hearts that break more than that of Americans at the injustices of the world. Sometimes innocent people are hurt, and sometimes people don't care for all of the changes that come from help, but at least they have the right to say so and won't be killed or jailed for it.

And as far as the U.N. is concerned, you must be joking. It is nothing but greed and corruption gone wild now. Somebody needs to get in there and clean house or it needs to be disolved.

mesue
05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Like you I am very patriotic my family has fought and died for this country just like yours. Hubby is an ex-marine with an honorable discharge. My son is ex-army he was forced out by the drs. on a medical discharge due to flat feet. My SIL served 6 months in Afghanistan and 14 months in Iraq. One uncle was killed in action in Korea, another was a POW for 5 years in Korea. In Vietnam my family was there too, also during desert storm, so am I a patriotic American you better believe it.
But before I get angry at someone saying something about my country I usually look to see if it is true, I do not automatically call it a lie or discount it because I want too. Like you and every other American I want to believe in the idea that we are the best that we are kind and gentle people with only good intentions toward the rest of the world, and the majority of us are just that, good people. The same can be said of the German people, they wanted to believe everything they were told and refused to listen to dissent and look where that got them. I see this (dissent) as the patriotic duty of every American. Why would I see it this way? Because we are not perfect and our leaders are not perfect and sometimes these leaders can make mistakes and when they do they represent me and you and that is who gets the blame, me and you and all Americans. And when we quit looking and leave our fate up to the elite few, we all pay for it. Anyway I am not criticizing you only explaining that those people like myself who question and search for answers and sometimes alert you to things that you may not like about America are not trying to tear America down but make America better. We can't urge our leaders to change things if we are not aware it is necessary. The people who fought and died for our country did so to give us all the right to participate in our government, they did so to give us the right to speak out when something is wrong. So for myself I look to see what these people are complaining about, I look to see if they are telling the truth and if they are; it is NOT they who are tearing America down it is the ones who are committting the wrongs in her name tearing her down and dragging her and her citizens through the mud often for no other reason than to feed the greed of the elite few.

JCshopper
05-01-2005, 08:09 PM
So many of these "facts" are based on someones opinions. And, yes, simply the fact that someone calls themselves some sort of meditative wombat master, in my opinion, completely discounts anything that they have to say. I too read and can draw my own conclusions by gathering my information from many, many sources. Even history books are written in a completely slanted manner. I do not care what anyone elses opinion is as long as it is an informed one...based on research of their own and the intellect to decipher it and come to a judgement on their own. I hope nobody really thinks a wombat master is an appropriate source on which to base a judgement, no matter where, who, or what he claims his info came from.

mesue
05-01-2005, 08:45 PM
LOL I am assuming that this name is from some kind of club, name like the Masons have for their different levels of folks in their organization. Not sure though just my thought on why anyone would so proudly display their wombattiness for all to see, it must be a high rank in that club.

JCshopper
05-02-2005, 02:25 AM
Wombattiness!!!! I love it! So funny mesue. I have to say I think this was the best debate/conversation on this board ever. So much fun.... and I do mean that(I am not being sarcastic). It's been very light and I don't think there have been any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. GREAT! Thanks so much.

JCshopper
05-02-2005, 04:36 AM
:D :D I just had to come back and tell you, every time I think of these posts I chuckle. I have two major exams today and I hope I can keep it under wraps, otherwise people will think I have cracked under the pressure of finals. I know...I am very easily amused. But again, thanks so much. :D :D

angelarwyn
05-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Wow...I don't even know what to say about this website. I do believe that many of these are true, but I don't like the way the person makes it out to be the citizens faults. Like we are all out for blood and don't care about anyone or anything else but ourselves. Yes, we do vote for our president, but in many situations, it is like trying to vote on the lesser evil. Do I like Bush?...No. Do I like Kerry?...No. I don't think there will ever be one person elected president that is not corrupt in some aspect.

mesue
05-02-2005, 03:02 PM
Wombattiness!!!! I love it! So funny mesue. I have to say I think this was the best debate/conversation on this board ever. So much fun.... and I do mean that(I am not being sarcastic). It's been very light and I don't think there have been any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. GREAT! Thanks so much.

LOL Maybe I coined a new word, glad you got a chuckle out of it. If it is a club can you picture their meetings? Wonder if they wear any funny looking costumes or hats? I've always wanted to go to the Moose Lodge to a meeting just to see if the head guy is wearing a set of big old moose horns. Hubby was a member once but I could never get him to go to a meeting so he could tell me.

Jaidness
05-02-2005, 04:58 PM
good post, makes you think. ITA about the media covering for politicians and/or being biased. I watch BBC news all the time just for this reason . Thanks!

freebielover
05-02-2005, 05:37 PM
That page definitely does make you think, I hate how all the media is so one sided, something needs to be changed. Thats why I was hoping Dean would make it in this past election, but he frightened all the higher ups with the money in their pockets so he had to be taken down. That page was definitely good, but I think a lot of it was a little twisted personally. Like number 14 for example. I don't know ANYONE who would think that, looking at poor starving children. Personally I think, let me help feed the child starving down the road, instead of across the world. And I do agree we are very conceited, I too am blinded by nationalism. I love my country and I thank god every day that I was born here, I would not go anywhere else. Wombattiness lol, that'll be my new word for the week.