PDA

View Full Version : I Think We All Just Need To Eat At Home...lol

allyson101
04-26-2005, 02:14 AM
If it's not one restaurant it's another...lol....check these out...I'm so glad I learned to cook when I was younger....tastes better,,,saves money but most of all,,,saves me frrom having to check my food after I leave the drive thru window.....

Man Says He Found Human Skin On Sandwich

POSTED: 10:48 pm EDT April 25, 2005

DAYTON, Ohio ( -- A man is suing a fast-food restaurant operator for more than $50,000, claiming he found a slice of skin on his chicken sandwich.

David Scheiding filed the lawsuit in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court on April 1 after rejecting a settlement offer from GZK Inc., his lawyer said. GZK owns the Arby's restaurant in Tipp City where he bought the sandwich.

Scheiding said he realized something wasn't right when he bit into the sandwich on June 18 and found a piece of flesh about three-fourths of an inch long.

"It looked like I was seeing fingerprints on it," he said. "I got sick and went to the bathroom."

Miami County health investigators talked to the restaurant manager, who had a bandage on his right thumb and wore a latex glove, according to a health district report. The manager said he sliced skin from the thumb while shredding lettuce, and sanitized the area but didn't throw away the bin of lettuce, the report said. Scheiding's sandwich contained lettuce.

"Why wasn't the food searched, and why wasn't it thrown away?" said Scheiding's lawyer, Hank Hyde.

Christine Koeller, vice president of marketing and communications with GZK, said what happened was unintentional.

"(The manager) did destroy product that was in and around the slicer immediately, and did everything that he thought was appropriate to do," Koeller said.

http://www.local6.com/news/4414322/detail.html another joyous one....

MistyWolf
04-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Read about this the other day .. a "manager" should have known better and pitched that lettuce!

Angel Lips
04-26-2005, 03:43 AM
ugh not a good thing to read first thing in the morning...i would just die if something like that happened to me

Shann
04-26-2005, 10:36 AM
They had this on the news last night and said this actually happened a year ago and it's just being brought to case. That's just gross! They should have never used the lettuce after the thumb fell into the batch. :( That's just sick! Ugh..

halvarado
04-26-2005, 05:15 PM
that is so nasty.
sortof on topic, i remember in high school when we learned that there is a certain amount of bug parts allowed in food that is sold bc it would be too expensive to make sure there are none BLECK!!

freebielover
04-26-2005, 06:16 PM
that is so nasty.
sortof on topic, i remember in high school when we learned that there is a certain amount of bug parts allowed in food that is sold bc it would be too expensive to make sure there are none BLECK!!

I've heard that too, yuck! Grosses me out to no end. In the summer I basically live off of our garden, I hear too many horror stories nowadays lol. Why wouldn't you throw the lettuce away? The guy must have noticed missing skin!