PDA

View Full Version : Police: Teen faked BMW theft to buy Bentley

Jolie Rouge
04-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Thursday, April 21, 2005 Posted: 8:07 PM EDT (0007 GMT)

SEATTLE, Washington (Reuters) -- A 17 year-old high school student faked the theft of his 2002 BMW M3 in order to collect insurance money to upgrade to a Bentley, police said on Thursday.

The teen, a student of Skyline High School in Sammamish, a suburb of Seattle, had reported the car stolen earlier this week, said Michael Chiu, a spokesman for the police in Bellevue, another suburb located between Seattle and Sammamish.

Police in another town found the $47,000 BMW being stripped and arrested four suspects, who connected the teen to the theft, leading to his arrest. "That investigation led us to believe that he wanted to upgrade to a Bentley," Chiu said.

Bentleys, featured frequently in U.S. hip-hop videos, have a suggested retail price of $160,000 for the Continental GT coupe and $240,000 for the Arnage sedan.

The BMW was in the name of the teen's mother name but was used as his vehicle, Chiu said. The student was released to his mother, and prosecutors are considering charges.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/21/crime.bentley.reut/index.html

aloha2u
04-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Prosecutors are CONSIDERING charges? Is this a Kennedy by chance?

YankeeMary
04-22-2005, 02:28 AM
Funny...lol...I just wish I could afford to let my teen drive a BMW...lol.

tigger4
04-22-2005, 03:29 AM

Not a Kennedy but definitely rich. Sammamish is a very upscale community here. They showed a picture of the family home last night on the news. It was a mansion. And I doubt they charge him with anything. His parents will buy his way out of it. Happens all the time there.

schsa
04-22-2005, 03:51 AM
Life is heck when your parents won't buy you a Bentley!! His parents should give him a used Kia to drive. I don't care how much money you have, if this is how you son acts he has a warped sense of values.