PDA

View Full Version : Question for Mom's with kids in Diapers..

HumblePie98
04-21-2005, 08:04 AM
What brand do you use? What package size do you buy? How long does it last?

I havent had a new baby in 6 years. Would someone also tell me if a jumbo pack of seize 1's is a waste of money?? :cool:

amysusi
04-21-2005, 08:16 AM
I prefer Huggies, but the last pack I bought was the yellow Walmart pack (dri-bottoms, I think). They are really good for price (best value I think, they don't leak like all the other cheap diapers), but I just prefer the velcro tabs. I don't think a jumbo pack of size 1's would be a waste of money, you'll probably go through at least 3 (packs)before the baby grows out of them. In my experience, they tend to be in size 3's the longest.

Another good value, that is no longer around (at least here) was the smilies from sam's club. About $28, and that lasted me 2 months (about 125 diapers).

Anthill
04-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Well I have twins and I have found the ones that lasted me the longest are from BabiesRus, thier brand. They are now in 13 months old and are in size 4 and have been on since January. We buy a case of diapers for 21.99 and w/ having twins on the same diaper size, we go thru a case in three weeks. Good luck

badswife
04-21-2005, 08:42 AM
I dont know where you live but here in va i buy food lion brand. They are very good, and have the velcro tabs. (the sticky tape ones are evil!) Although I would really like to be able to get him trained!

JKATHERINE
04-21-2005, 08:54 AM
We buy the (WalMart brand) White Cloud diapers. They don't leak and do have the velcro tabs. They are also much much cheaper than Huggies or Pampers. I remember when A v e r y was in size 1's there were 56 to a normal size pack and they cost $6.97. Now she's in 3's and we pay $15 for a jumbo box of 112 (I think). :)

tracyb
04-21-2005, 09:36 AM
we always got luvs at walmart then they switched them to the white cloud....I just dont like the cloth ...I love the plastic diapers.....I had the luvs in plastic with the first one,like you 6 yrs later had another one...lol.....then they had switched them to the cloth ones...food lion has cheaper diapers also the luvs are cheaper there.

oh mine never left stage 3 they wore them for ever it seems like....THANK GOODNESS ALL POTTY TRAINED NOW...BABY IS 2 and has been trained since like right before she was 2 i think

ttistin
04-21-2005, 11:57 AM
Money has always been tight around here so I had to always get the cheap ones and the ones from Wal-mart are pretty good for the price. My sister uses huggies (Caleb, her son, is 8 months) and they are good, he hasnt really had any leakes with them at all. Tori still has to have one on if she takes a nap and at bedtime, we are working on it, and I get the ones at biglots (biglots brand). They work good too, she doesnt leak with them at night.

Dragonfairie
04-21-2005, 12:30 PM
walmart's dribottoms are the best...confession of a white trash bad mother - I have let my little one sleep in one all night - it weighed about ten pounds the next morning, but not a leak. They do tend to run a little small, if the pack says up to 14 pounds I would end up moving to the next sz. @ 12lbs and I have puney babies. I buy the largest pack possible for the best value. Pampers and Huggies are really nice, but are about 75% more in price, the way I see it - why pay the big price for something that you are going to throw away in an hour or two?

D2230
04-21-2005, 12:56 PM
When I was preparing for DS (baby #2) I stocked up on Huggies Size 1 and 2 ~ I have always loved huggies. Once DS got into the larger sizes we switched to Luvs.

Now that I am expecting #3 ~~ :D ~~ I am stocking up again before I am due so that we have a decent stash.

The store I shop at doesn't carry store/non brand name daipers, but with the coupons the prices really aren't that different (for me). Every once in awhile the store will but Huggies on sale for $8.50 (jumbo pack) and with $1.50 or $2.00 off 1 ~ it's not so bad......

You go through more size 1 because you are usually chaging baby more often..... But I agree with the other posters that size 3 lasts the longest ~ although trying to potty train ~ it seemed the size 4's would never end!!!!! LOL

JMO ~
Michelle

*lilo*
04-21-2005, 02:12 PM
i used huggies at first with my son, but for some reason he would pee through them, so i switched to luvs and use them with my daughter now. they are awesome! no leaks at all, and are pretty cheap. i can get a pack of size 1 which come with 52 diapers i think for about $7.50 at walmart.

Airbuswife
04-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Thanks so much for all the info, its helping me too!! :D I havent had a baby in over 10 years and forgot much of this stuff :D

june72
04-21-2005, 02:44 PM
gosh i always used the generic brands. they are just as good as the name brands. with our last ds he couldnt use just certain ones and trying to find the right kind was hard on him so when we tried luvs and they never gave him a diaper rash we never left them. but i will say im one of them mommies that didnt wake them up for diaper changes or feedings.

im getting ready for potty traing now :eek:

HumblePie98
04-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks everyone!!

SweetMomma
04-22-2005, 06:31 AM
I use Luvs(same people make them that make Pampers),but I do use Pampers when they're teeny babies. My little boy is almost 2 and in a size 3, I think they're a little over $7 for a pack of 40. I'm hoping against hope I can get him potty trained before the baby gets here so I don't have 2 of them in diapers! But he has no intrest in the potty at all.

*lilo*
04-22-2005, 09:43 AM
gosh i always used the generic brands. they are just as good as the name brands. with our last ds he couldnt use just certain ones and trying to find the right kind was hard on him so when we tried luvs and they never gave him a diaper rash we never left them. but i will say im one of them mommies that didnt wake them up for diaper changes or feedings.

im getting ready for potty traing now :eek:

i had the same issue with my son and getting a rash from certain diapers. luvs and huggies were the only ones that didnt give him a rash.

Bud_Girl76
04-22-2005, 11:11 AM
I could never use cheap ones on my kids.. They used Pampers and I always got great deals on them with coupons and such.. But the cheap ones my kids leaked through them all..

flute
04-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Do not even try the Big Lots brand. In a pinch we did (cus when all you have is $5 and you need diapers..) well skip this brand, if you're in a pinch, roll up your shirt, it'll work just as well. What a waste of $$

Just my experience.

I am in agreement, we buy right now a box of 96 white cloud for $14.66 or somethinig. Price was just lowered even ;)
She's potty training so it's like one diaper for nap & one for bed time. (the box should last a few months..)

I am super cheap & if she doesn't soil one at nap time..I save it for bed!