PDA

View Full Version : General Hospital ?

MistyWolf
04-18-2005, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know why Carly has been recast? I like the 2nd Carly so much (of course at first I didn't .. lol) .. but I think she did an awesome job. I just hope I can get into the new actress playing Carly .. so far she isn't convincing me.

Also, did anyone watch today? AJ & Michael showed up at the Quartermaine's! .. looks like upcoming episodes are going to be good!

ladybugva
04-19-2005, 08:45 AM
Oh I have missed it the last few days.
I have not heard about the new CArley. Soap digest might have something on it. Do they have a web page?
Sorry I am not much help.

MistyWolf
04-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Yeah but it's in the new episode so you have to buy it to read it. I did find something on it and the actress who played Carly just said it was time to go .. it wasn't for money or anything like that. And, Sonny hand picked the actress who is now playing Carly, just like he did for the 2nd Carly (Tamara)

ladybugva
04-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Well I am glad that Sunny is still the same. I saw the new Carly today and she has some of the motions/actions down.

Saw AJ and Michael at the Q's house today.

MistyWolf
04-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah she does have some of Carly down .. but it kind of seems forced .. know what I mean? .. Time will tell how she does.

I didn't catch all of GH today, just the previews from yesterday's show with AJ & Michael at the Q's home .. It's gonna be good .. and wait to Sonny shows up!!!!

justme23
04-20-2005, 02:20 AM
They recast her because she decided not to resign on her contract... of course, they had hinted that she would somehow 'go away' on the show and when she returned it would be the new Carly... but that obviously didn't happen. I do NOT like this new chick... I didn't like Tamara either, but I was used to her... I'm not sure getting used to this one will be as easy... I don't like her looks or the way she acts... but maybe that's cause it's just so hard to adjust to new faces... altho, I had no trouble at all adjusting to the new Edward... so who knows.

allyson101
04-20-2005, 02:37 AM
Well I looked around and this is what I found for you...
http://www.soapcentral.com/gh/news/2005/0228-braun.php

I don't like the "new" Carly either. Guess she will take a little getting used to like it does with all newbies on the soaps. I hate it when you get used to someone then "POOF" they are gone...I can remember watching General Hospitol when Alan and Monica first got married....and remember Jessie, the nurse? I think there are two couples that I miss most and that is Rick and Leslie and Laura and Luke....

MistyWolf
04-20-2005, 03:56 AM
Thanks Allyson.

I really liked the 2nd Carly .. after getting used to her I think she did a better job than the 1st Carly .. who I recently seen in a TV movie and she pretty much irritated me .. lol. She played in the Scott Peterson movie.

Like I said before, we'll see how it goes with Carly #3 .. yes it does take time to get used to a new actor/actress.

ladybugva
04-20-2005, 07:29 AM
It is definatly hard to readjust to new people. You get so accustomed to the one, this one looks older than the last carly. Sure doesn't help when you watch it every day (I do most days) but nothing like missing a few days to come back and wonder what that new person is. LOL

sunflowers
04-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Soon Focusing On A New Career Direction, Tamara Braun Reveals Why She's Taking A Shot At Life Outside Of GH

Go back four years ago and you will find Tamara Braun in the middle of a firestorm. Having just been cast in the pivotal role of GENERAL HOSPITAL troublemaker Carly, the then-newcomer was not only taking on a potentially life-altering part, but also facing down the scrutiny (and sometimes ire) that comes with being a recast stepping into the shoes of an incredibly popular character. But ah, what a different some 1400-odd days or so can make. Not only did Braun conquer that scrutiny, she proved herself tenfold to critics and skeptical fans alike. Today, the actress stands before a daunting, new task: leaving the show she's called home since 2001. In a candid (and often emotional) interview; Braun - whose contract officially expires in April - explains her motivation for opting out, as well as ponders the pathways in and beyond Port Charles.

Digest: How did you come to your decision?

Tamara Braun: I've been thinking about it for a long time. Artistically and creatively, my heart needs to try something else - just to see what's out there. If your heart holds a passion for something, you can't ignore it. I've always wanted to play different parts. That's why I became an actor. I think the more comfortable, the more familiar, the less I could leave.

Digest: GH became your home.

Braun: It's my home. It is my familiarity. I love knowing that I can come to work and see people who I love and work with people who I love. Oh, I'm getting all emotional [laughs]! It's hard. I think about not having that place to make me sad.

Digest: Well, you've been there a long time.

Braun: Yeah, and I have very, very good friends there. Having said that, I know my friendships that I have formed will always be there. Just as I feel with the fans. They opened their arms and embraced me. Some of them had those arms shut for a little bit, but then it was amazing that they, too, opened. I'll always love and respect them, as I do my friends and my time on GH.

Digest: Is it scary for you to leave?

Braun: Yeah, yeah. I am the kind of person who has always wanted security in my life. And I have a hard time with change. And I am choosing to make the risk. I would be very easy to stay and take a raise. But. as I said, there's a deep desire inside of me that I have to see what's out there. Wow, I think I'm having a therapy session [laughs]!

Digest: Did you discuss all of this with anyone at work?

Braun: Alicia [Leigh Willis, Courtney] knew - and she was the only one. She is one of my closest friends. But I also talked with my parents, I talked with dear friends outside of work. There are other people at work who have said to me, "Don't leave without another job in your hands." But who's to say I'm going to get a job went my contract's up? Then I haven't made that decision based on my gut - I've made my decision based on fear and insecurity. And I don't want to base this decision on fear. I mean, I'm extremely nervous, but I'm also extremely excited.

Digest: How hard was it to tell Jill [Farren Phelps, executive producer]?

Braun: Well, my representation had called me and I went up there [to meet with her]. I didn't know what to expect, but she was so kind and she said, "Tell me what I can do to get you to stay" - which I found very flattering. But she had prefaced it by saying, "I think I know why you're making your choice." I told her, "It's not about money." And she understood. She was very generous with her praise and her thanks. And she also left the door open for - not to say they're not going to recast, I wish whoever comes in all the best, because I know it's not an easy thing to do. I hope that whoever they find, she loves Carly. I hope that she fights for Carly. And I hope that people are kind to her, because it's a difficult, difficult situation to step into.

Digest: Would it be easier or harder on you if the recast turns out to be role originator Sarah Brown?

Braun: You have to realize...more difficult, easy? It's no longer my role. I've chosen to walk away from it. But if that were the case, it would please alot of fans because they'd get someone they already know. If she's available and it's that she wants, more power to her. She originated Carly, so they should offer it to her first. No matter who comes in, it's going to be an adjustment - just as when I came in. But to me, it doesn't matter who they get; just someone who loves the role.

Digest: Will you still watch the show?

Braun: Well, I've got to see what all my friends are doing! If that's the only way I'm going to see them that way- as their characters [laughs]. I'll probably watch more when I leave than I do now, because I don't have time. I mean, I did just get TiVo. But I still haven't figured out how to keep GH from getting erased if I haven't watched it in two days [laughs]!

Digest: Knowing how important Carly is to the canvas, did you feel a certain responsibility toward the show?

Braun: I sure did, and that's why I went to the show earlier rather then later. Some people could drag it out and then, just after the contract's up saying, "Nope, I'm leaving." That's not fair. I think it's important to remember that I was an employee of that show. And if I was an employer, I would like to know what the hell's going on so I could plan accordingly.

Digest: Will your co-stars be surprised by your decision?

Braun: I don't think some of them will be surprised. Some of them might be. I figure for right now, while I'm young, now's the time to take a risk. Of course, I'm sure I'll be going, "I'm not studying lines? Where am I going to go today [laughs]?" I'll find myself driving to the studio. My car will take me there and
I won't know what happened [laughs]. I'll flash them an expired badge and they'll be like, "Lady, get outta here! you don't work here anymore!"

Digest: Do you have a message for your fans?

Braun: Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you so much for the love and support and warmth that you have shown me. that has helped me through a lot of times.

Digest: Who will you miss most and who will you keep in touch with?

Braun: I will definitely keep in touch with Alicia. And Rick [Hearst, Ric] and Ted [King, Alcazar] and Cyndy [Preston, soon-to-be-ex-Faith]. I sometimes don't like answering those questions because I don't like excluding anybody. It's just that there are certain people on set that you really bond with. I'm going to miss our cast. And I'm going to miss our crew so much.

Digest: Would you ever go back to soaps?

Braun: I would never close the door on that. Never, never. I'm leaving so I can try to do other things. but I know if soap would have me and I'm not able to fulfill the desires and dreams that I have in other arenas, then I'll fulfill the desire in a place that I've called home for four years and that's soap. I have such a respect for what actors and producers and writers and directors and
[crew members] do on soap. I would never close the door. Never.

Digest: What do you think your last day will be like?

Braun: Ohhhh...I don't know. I haven't really thought of it because it makes me sad. I hope I have no dialogue that day [laughs]. Or maybe I hope I've got a lot of dialogue so I cannot focus on the fact that I'm going to be saying good-bye. It's going to be bittersweet.

Digest: No doubt you'll have hankie in hand.

Braun: I think so, because right now, I need one [laughs]. I think I haven't entertained that thought because I am an emotional person. It's saying good-bye to friends. But you don't say good-bye, you say "See ya later in a different spot." I think it's going to be very emotional.

Digest: You must look back at your time on GH and just marvel.

Braun: I was so nervous to have that first, exclusive interview with Digest back in 2001]. I think I just talked a mile a minute because everything was so new and so exciting. I had no idea what I was in for. And what a ride

kelly12569
04-23-2005, 07:51 PM
The "new Carly" used to be on One Life to Live several years ago.... drawing a blank on her character name though.... Georgie maybe??? Gosh...gonna have to go look that up now..lol

sunflowers
04-24-2005, 02:06 AM
Her voice bothers me. I can not get use to it!

sendabear
04-24-2005, 10:41 AM
I've been watching General Hospital, All My Children
and One Life to Live since 1978.
I remember Luke and Laura when they got married.
And Commissioner Scorpio with his hot accent.
But I have to say, Sonny tops the charts.
He can hand pick me any day :p

kelly12569
04-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Jennifer Bransford joined the cast of General Hospital in April 2005 as Carly Corinthos, a spirited young mother whose connections to her mob boss ex-husband, Sonny Corinthos, have alienated the tight-knit family from many Port Charles citizens.

Bransford was a dedicated student, attending Dartmouth College. She also studied acting and voice in New York and Los Angeles.

The actress possesses a varied background in television, film and the theater. She played One Life to Live's Georgie Phillips from 1997 to 1998. She has also appeared on several television series, including Law & Order and Numb3rs, and currently has a recurring role on Johnny Zero. In addition Bransford starred in Smog, a UPN pilot written and directed by actor Jon Favreau, who featured her in his film Made as well. Her theater experience includes regional work in New England, off-Broadway in New York and in Los Angeles.

In her spare time Bransford enjoys writing, hiking, laughing and, most of all, mothering her young daughter, Alexandra.

Bransford currently resides in Los Angeles, CA, with her husband, Bradley White.

MistyWolf
04-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Anyone watch GH on Friday? .. it was GOOD!!! .. Monday should be even better .. lol.

Thanks for the info on what happened to Carly and on the new Carly.

ladybugva
04-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Things are definatly heating up. Looks like AJ is dead, again, I guess for real this time.
I am supprised that Michael suddenly believed AJ. I know he was playing with his mind but he fought it so long.

MamaFairal
04-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Her voice bothers me. I can not get use to it!

Glad its not just me!!! Her voice is irritating huh?

MistyWolf
04-27-2005, 07:59 PM
She is starting to grow on me .. and I want to know how they will bring AJ back from the dead? You know they'll try .. lol.. Who do you think killed him?

kelly12569
04-28-2005, 02:54 AM
Who do you think killed him?

WELL.... I think it was DURANT !! Carly's dad! Because when it was going on and they started showing everyone walking around the hospital looking suspicious and I though oh boy here we go again, AJs gonna be dead and we'll have another "who dunnit" on our hands. But, then they show Carly pulling the pillow away from AJ's face and running out of the room. Then in comes Durant. And he saw Carly leaving the room. So I think Carly really thinks she killed him but didnt actually finish the job so Durant came in and finished him off. It would be easier for them to get rid of his character for murder at this time than a regular.

So, thats my guess.... LOL

sunflowers
04-28-2005, 04:30 AM
I think it is Rachel or Monica
Monica because she wanted no autopsy done so she is hiding something...
Rachel just because(lol)

ladybugva
04-28-2005, 06:48 AM
Never fails that I can never figure it out those who done it's. Durant is a good one b/c he came up to Carli in the chapel and was like "looks like you need your dad now".
Pretty sure not Jason or Sunny.
Who knows will be some one random like Micheal or some one we havn't seen in a while

MistyWolf
04-30-2005, 12:27 PM
I definitely don't think it was Jason or Sonny .. that is too obvious. Even Carly is obvious since she told AJ she was going to do it. Michael I doubt did it cause he is a kid and wouldn't have the strength .. Monica is a possiblity .. Alan is out cause he was laid up.

I bet it was either Jax .. getting back at AJ for putting Courtney through all that mess .. OR .. Rachel .. getting back at AJ for putting her through all the crap she was put through.

Also, Durant is a good possibility.

ladybugva
04-30-2005, 12:56 PM
IF (and we all know in soaps its a big IF) its one of the prim suspects, I am not sold on Jax either. He has never be mad enought to murder, he likes taking people for all the money he can get. Who knows.... I am sure they have so odd thing in mind.

MistyWolf
05-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Anyone see today's episode? I originally didn't think Michael did it, but now I do .. he had a dream that he did. That would explain why he was hiding behing AJ's bed and seen Carly come in. This will get interesting.

sunflowers
05-07-2005, 04:25 AM
Anyone see today's episode? I originally didn't think Michael did it, but now I do .. he had a dream that he did. That would explain why he was hiding behing AJ's bed and seen Carly come in. This will get interesting.

I saw that too, wonder if they are setting us up, or if he did it, and then Carly will take the fall to save him?? hmmm... should be an interesting summer!!

sunflowers
05-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Just got back from the GH rumor site and it looks as if Michael did kill AJ and Sonny and of Jason is going to take the fall and will end up in jail....hmmm

Rumor Link...its great!!
http://groups.msn.com/GeneralHospitalHappeningsTwo/ghrumorville.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

Tasha405
05-07-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't really like the new Carly either. Something about her just gets on my nerves.

Sunflowers, thanks for the site! I saved it in my favorites. ;)

Brandya
05-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Alexis is being a pain. Maybe she will drop it when she figures out that Michael did it