PDA

View Full Version : virus warning on BBF

mishlei
04-16-2005, 06:20 AM
I just recieved a trojan from opening the big big forums page. be sure to scan your files :eek: :mad:

krokgal
04-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Me too. My VirusScan detected and deleted two Trojan Horses when I came to BBS. :( Watch out.

Deb-a-Doo
04-16-2005, 12:14 PM
thanks for the warning

tarbabie
04-16-2005, 01:23 PM
what software did you use to delete it? Scanned mine twice and I can't delete it cause it won't detect my keyboard...

Willow
04-16-2005, 05:10 PM
A lot of people are having problems because of BBS. If you have trojans and your anti virus won't remove them you might want to google trojan removers. There are different programs that will remove them for you. If you have the Yahoo tool bar with anti spy that will also remove the trojans.

tarbabie
04-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Just wanted to give you all an update- I am in the process of having my computer wiped out because of this DANG thing- wish the owner here would have taken care of this but what should we expect for something that is FREE??? Yeah, You guess it- I'm pretty ticked! See if I refer anyone else here!

Aloha from paradise
04-17-2005, 09:19 AM
So far I've been lucky. I have several programs running and I do a lot of scans. So far, so good.

Victorious
04-17-2005, 01:09 PM
Just wanted to give you all an update- I am in the process of having my computer wiped out because of this DANG thing- wish the owner here would have taken care of this but what should we expect for something that is FREE??? Yeah, You guess it- I'm pretty ticked! See if I refer anyone else here!

Yep, I'm about to fdisc mine because of this ... I need my computer for work and this just bites bigbig time. :eek: :rolleyes:

tarbabie
04-17-2005, 04:07 PM
I would recomend avast- It detects EVERYTHING! www.avast.com- constantly scans (free 60 days)

YankeeMary
04-17-2005, 04:51 PM
I would recomend avast- It detects EVERYTHING! www.avast.com- constantly scans (free 60 days)
I use to run avast, it misses alot...hopefully it will work better for you.

tarbabie
04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
I use to run avast, it misses alot...hopefully it will work better for you.

Really, what do you use now? Tried AVG- (grisoft) but didn't get the biggie from here- really makes me mad that these things are ALLOWED here...Norton is supposed to be a "bloater" whatever that means- techie son...

YankeeMary
04-18-2005, 04:54 AM
Really, what do you use now? Tried AVG- (grisoft) but didn't get the biggie from here- really makes me mad that these things are ALLOWED here...Norton is supposed to be a "bloater" whatever that means- techie son...
I have Norton and AVG...so far I have been lucky and haven't gotten anything from BBS.

rlynn411
04-24-2005, 05:16 PM
I still am baffeled how some of you are having so many problems at this site. My machine is clean and I'm here daily.

I have Microsoft Anti Spy, Spyare Doctor, Spyware Blaster and Adaware in place. Along with Symantec (Norton) Anti Virus Corporate Edition.

I do have several of my ActiveX settings adjusted to prompt or disabled. Also keep all Windows updates current.

I've even played with several other spyware programs and they find nothing. Did come across a program with a 5 day trial that may help some of you.

http://www.download.com/Adware-Away/3640-8022_4-10374619.html

Do not recommend Counter Spy cause it seriously conflicts with the Microsoft Anti-Spy

fatesfaery
04-24-2005, 07:57 PM
I have all the same programs that you are running, plus A squared and Spybot. My active X is also set to prompt me before it allows anything. I have had absolutely no problems here and am also here a lot.

When I run scans, none of my programs find anything more harmful than cookies.....maybe it's because Spyware Blaster blocks so many harmful sites?

I still am baffeled how some of you are having so many problems at this site. My machine is clean and I'm here daily.

I have Microsoft Anti Spy, Spyare Doctor, Spyware Blaster and Adaware in place. Along with Symantec (Norton) Anti Virus Corporate Edition.

I do have several of my ActiveX settings adjusted to prompt or disabled. Also keep all Windows updates current.

I've even played with several other spyware programs and they find nothing. Did come across a program with a 5 day trial that may help some of you.

http://www.download.com/Adware-Away/3640-8022_4-10374619.html

Do not recommend Counter Spy cause it seriously conflicts with the Microsoft Anti-Spy

cleaningla
04-24-2005, 11:26 PM
I have spybot too. I never run it, but it has some kind of browser helper that prevents malicious downloads. I never scan with it, but I still have it and I'm not getting any trojans or viruses.

Katt
04-25-2005, 03:45 AM
I think, and I've said this before, it has to do with activeX downloads. If your computer will allow them, ANY site, not just bbs will d/l them onto your system. Those are the "You need to d/l this, to view this site" stuff. One got through on me, and they show up as trojans etc. I got rid of it, and haven't had a problem since.