PDA

View Full Version : "Odd Girl Out"

sahmsfreeb
04-13-2005, 06:13 AM
OMG did anyone see this???!!! :eek: :eek:

i am so glad there wasnt the internet when i was in high school.. :eek: :eek:

but i am horified at what kids can do to other kids on the internet!!! :mad: :mad:

sad to say that show depicted the right amount of harrasment (yes harrasment not teasing) that other girls give to the "outcast"
:( :(

this show was very accurate. brought back many painful memories for me.. but in a way the show did empower me even more than i ever have been! :cool:

i learned my lesson the hard way.. and i havent looked back.... and i thrive because of all my experiences!

buttrfli
04-13-2005, 06:28 AM
I watched it.... then my girls watched it and we talked about a lot of things.

Girls have always been cruel :(

Makes homeschool look REALLY good when they get older.

newwiccan
04-13-2005, 06:44 AM
I've tried watching it twice but always turn it off after her my mom finds her in the bathroom floor. Girls are so cruel to each other. Since it is based on a book, I'm going to try to find it next time I go to the library.

delSol
04-13-2005, 07:17 AM
oh man! I looked it up and it looks great! I don't see it on the schedule coming up though...bummer!!!

warning!!! video has language some could find offensive

http://www.lifetimetv.com/movies/originals/oddgirlout.php

halvarado
04-13-2005, 07:19 AM
i heard about it the other day, but i missed it. sounds good, though. i will have to look for it.

janelle
04-13-2005, 09:13 AM
They have a message board on the site. Really good to talk about it.

My sister was lucky. She had a group of friends in high school who still have reunions. A reporter who covered one reunion asked how they stayed friends all these years. They said "they were always nice to each other".

BUT they went to an all girl school. No rivalry for boys. :rolleyes:

sunflowers
04-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Do you know when it will be on again? I would like to catch it.
Thanks

eeyore329
04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I only saw a few minutes of this movie. 3 kids and a husband....don't get to hear much of anything......LOL I will also look for the book. Didn't know it was based on true story. Of course, we all know of harrassament of some sort in high school. :eek: What a hard time for anyone