PDA

View Full Version : San Jose State Suspends Sexy Dance Team

Jolie Rouge
04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - San Jose State has suspended its dance team after a sexy routine at a basketball game triggered a confrontation involving an elderly alumnus and and a 20-year-old dancer.

The team is suspended until it develops guidelines to represent the university ``at the highest possible standard,'' the division of intercollegiate athletics decided last week.

The confrontation, captured on videotape by a parent, erupted after a dance during a March 5 home game to the raunchy lyrics of ``Move Somethin''' by LL Cool J. ``It was vulgar,'' said Ray Silva, 74, a San Jose businessman and major university booster. ``It was like a burlesque, with bumps and grinds. I just came unglued.''

Silva said he shouted at the dancers: ``Trash, that's trash. Get off the court.''

Dancer Tarah DiNardo confronted Silva at the end of the game, gesturing emphatically as the two shouted at one another. John Glass, an associate athletic director, stepped between them and grabbed DiNardo's arm, apparently bruising it.

The dancer filed a complaint with police, but authorities declined to prosecute. Her angry father has hired an attorney. ``I don't want people to lay hands on my daughter,'' said businessman and ex-Marine Joey DiNardo. ``There's too much dirty dancing going on,'' he acknowledged, but added: ``You don't grab anyone or call the girls trash.''

Tarah DiNardo says the dancers have simply been doing what sports officials asked. ``They wanted more makeup, more hair and sexier uniforms'' to boost ticket sales, she said.

``That doesn't strike me as anything we'd want,'' said Mark Harlan, the university's new associate director of athletics. He said the dance team's role is being reevaluated.

04/09/05 22:15

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20050409%2F2215284960.htm

Tarah DiNardo says the dancers have simply been doing what sports officials asked. ``They wanted more makeup, more hair and sexier uniforms'' to boost ticket sales, she said.

``That doesn't strike me as anything we'd want,'' said Mark Harlan, the university's new associate director of athletics. He said the dance team's role is being reevaluated.

I'll bet the girls do not have it in writing ... but I don't doubt that the Athletic Dept said something to that effect.

DiNardo should have just gone to the locker room and ignored the heckler.

Jaidness
04-11-2005, 12:36 PM
I guess that is entertainment lol and don't "they" say sex sells? All in all it should have been handled differently.

janelle
04-11-2005, 07:16 PM
http://thissiterocks.com/vids.htm?video=11

Well I wouldn't call it all that sexy. LOL :D :D