PDA

View Full Version : Combs to Pay $21,000 **A Month** Child Support

Jolie Rouge
04-09-2005, 07:54 PM
NEW YORK (AP) - Hip-hop star Sean ``P. Diddy'' Combs has been ordered to pay more than $21,000 a month in child support to an ex-girlfriend with whom he has an 11-year-old son.

The order, issued Thursday by the New York Supreme Court's Appellate Division, came after Combs appealed a Westchester Family Court ruling last year that he should pay $35,000 a month. He currently pays about $5,000.

The ex-girlfriend, Misa Hylton-Brim, had sued for higher monthly payments and about $398,000 in back support for their son, Justin.

The appellate court judge awarded a lower but undisclosed amount in back support and ordered Combs to pay Hylton-Brim's legal fees. The judge set monthly support payments at $21,782.

Rob Shuter, a spokesman for Combs, said Combs would appeal the decision to the state Court of Appeals.

While separated from girlfriend Kim Porter, Combs, 35, was also sued for child support for their son, Christian. He pays Porter, a model, about $30,000 a month.

04/08/05 14:32

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story.jsp?floc=ne-main-9-l5&flok=FF-
APO-1403&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20050408%2F1432175226.htm&sc=1403

schsa
04-10-2005, 06:32 AM
Hey, you play, you pay. He has a certain lifestyle and his children are not going to be denied the same. So what $21,000 to him? He's worth far more than that.

stresseater
04-10-2005, 12:59 PM
I think it's totally insane. SHE played too and you can bet she is not contributing that amount to the child's upbringing. All these kinds of judgements do is to make it easier for gold digging wenches to "get at" successful people. It provides an incentive to "hunt" a particular type of person solely because of their bank account. Child support is suppose to support a child not a mother's lifestyle. :( :(

Jolie Rouge
04-10-2005, 06:03 PM
I would hope that the mothers are putting some of this money up for college - Combs may be making this much money TODAY, but the entertainment industry is fickle and he could be bankrupt next year ...

nosamiam
04-10-2005, 06:18 PM
DUH I know what I did wrong now! My baby's daddy should have been rich! Kylie's Dad hasn't paid a dime in over a year. The judge is now making him pay $100 a month and told him I don't care how you get it but you better pay! Before he stopped I was getting $360 a month.

justme23
04-11-2005, 12:32 AM
Seeing as how MOST child support payments are based on a percentage of monthly income... then I think it's fair... yes, the mother may have played but why didn't he wear a condom? He may have, I may be wrong... but I doubt it... so what if SHE played too... (I do not have kids and don't have a child support grudge) HE knew he may make a baby and he KNEW he may have to pay support... why should a man who makes millions a year have a child that lives on 100 bucks a month in support?

I will say this... I think the mother should be required to put all of it but a thousand dollars a month in a trust fund for the child... it would be really unfair if he grew up and had nothing to show for all of that money.

nightrider127
04-11-2005, 07:44 AM
I think it's totally insane. SHE played too and you can bet she is not contributing that amount to the child's upbringing. All these kinds of judgements do is to make it easier for gold digging wenches to "get at" successful people. It provides an incentive to "hunt" a particular type of person solely because of their bank account. Child support is suppose to support a child not a mother's lifestyle. :( :(

More than likely, you could also bet that she is not working anywhere.

llbriteyes
04-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Yes. She played too. And you can bet HE isn't going to contribute much as much TIME and ENERGY as it takes to raise his child as she is.

Linda

Shancopp
04-12-2005, 05:40 AM
I read that she is a fashion designer to some top stars, Mary J Blige is one. They said she makes 400,000 a yr herself. He also pays 30,000 a month to a mother of another one of his kids. The article said the judge looked at his 2002 federal tax return and made his judgement on the fact he brought home 16 million. I'm sure it's pocket change to him.

JCshopper
04-12-2005, 07:03 AM
In New York State the law requires that 17 1/4% of your pay go for the first child, if you have two it totals about 24%. That child is his responsibility, why would he expect his own child to live at a standard he himself does not? Aren't parents always supposed to want to do as much as they can for their children? Pay up DADDY!!! OH Yeah it's DIDDY.