PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Passports

shelhop
04-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Well, through donations and fundraisers, my daughter is actually going to go on her trip to Europe with the French Club this summer. What an incredible opportunity!
But now we're scrambling to take care of the little details that accompany an overseas trip. We're working on her passport application, and there are a couple of things that I'm unclear about. The first one is that it asks for her city and state of birth. Does anyone know how to answer that, since she was actually born at Andrews AFB? It's Prince Georges County, but I don't think military bases are actually IN a city. Maybe I'm wrong???
The other question has to do with obtaining a signature from her father. There is a spot on the form for the mother's signature and ID, as well as for the father's. Does anyone know, if I have custody of her, is the father still required to sign???
So if anyone out there has had to obtain a passport for your child, and you're able to answer these questions, please do. Mom is pulling her hair out! LOL

NINK
04-05-2005, 06:56 PM
http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_832.html

may be this will help?

Eyore
04-05-2005, 07:59 PM
Look on her birth certificate and see what is says for City I had to search to see where Andrews AFB is and I gather it is in Maryland so Maryland would be the state.
My son was born in Ft Campbell Ky and on his birth cerificate it has Ft Campbell for City and KY for State.

barbaric
04-05-2005, 08:16 PM
I was born at Fitz Army Hospital, my birth certificate says Denver. I would go by the birth certificate.