PDA

View Full Version : Need help... wording for medical power of attorney for children

nosamiam
04-05-2005, 06:15 PM
I need help with wording for a Medical Power of Attorney for Children. My youngest is going to my mother's in NC for a week. I have looked online but can't find any free ones. Any help is much appreciated!!!

TIA
Misty

kimp67
04-05-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm guessing you need this just in case of an accident/injury. If I'm off base, sorry, but this is along the lines of what I wrote:

To Whom It May Concern,
I, Kimp67, give permission to Jane/John Doe to seek medical treatment for my son, Donald Doe, in case of accident, injury or illness.
Donald Doe
D.O.B. - 10/17/1992
Medications:
Allergies:
Insurance Information:

Date/Sign

Good luck!

nosamiam
04-05-2005, 06:24 PM
That's about what I was thinking of as well. Thanks!

NINK
04-05-2005, 07:01 PM
you need to get it notarized, i had to any how when i got mine done for my son. i pretty much wrote the same thing but i remember the lawyer said it had to be notarized to be legal...it cost me a couple dollars at my bank to get that done and i had to have a couple forms of ID.

callsheb
04-05-2005, 09:42 PM
go try this site out i got all kinds of goodies i just copied and pasted since they charge to copy so if you copy and paste and put on like notebook or something if need to you can copy i have a living will,power of attorney,last will for hubby and i from this site.
www.ilrg.com/forms

nosamiam
04-06-2005, 03:48 AM
Thanks everyone! I am going to the bank this morning before we head to the airport. I am going to miss her so much!

Victorious
04-06-2005, 04:17 AM
go try this site out i got all kinds of goodies i just copied and pasted since they charge to copy so if you copy and paste and put on like notebook or something if need to you can copy i have a living will,power of attorney,last will for hubby and i from this site.
www.ilrg.com/forms

Cool site! Thanks!

Safe travels for your daughter!!!