PDA

View Full Version : Meaningless ? of the day - what is your favorite Tv

turbob
04-05-2005, 05:57 AM
commercial that is running right now? How about your least favorite? Right now I like the Vonnage commercials (they sing WooHoo, WooHooHoo in the background) while people do silly things. I HATE the Burger King ads - That king creeps me out! How about you?

sunflowers
04-05-2005, 06:07 AM
My husband had the fishing channel on this weekend and there was a commercial for Evenrude Motors where the boat is going so fast the guys clothes come off so he is left with just his underwear which is a red thong, so he circles back to get his clothes and leans over to pick them up and they have to blacken it out(his butt) when he picks up his clothes... his passengers face is priceless :eek:

Anyone else see it?

buttrfli
04-05-2005, 06:11 AM
theres a commcercial that I don't know what its for, put its where some asian guy clones himself (ping) and he wakes his wife up and she screams because theres 2 of them lol

My fav is the deodorant commercial with the "mamas boy" doll LOL I swear to you they modeled that after my best friends BF.. I crack up everytime I see it.

those are the only two I can really remember seeing (besides the BK ones which are creepy but I like them lol)

joni1269
04-05-2005, 06:14 AM
I love the Vonage commercials - Whoo Hoo, Whoo hoo hoo... LOL

I also like the HP commercial with the picture frames!

I HATE the Kirstie Alley "I am fat" commercials. I think they are disrespectul...

NINK
04-05-2005, 06:40 AM
yeah that burger king guy is soooo creapy, the one where the guy opens his blinds and he is just standing there-i would have screamed and picked up the largest item and thrown it thru the window at him, called the police. the guy on the commercial justtakes the sandwich. i don't like any of those burger king ads, they are so campy-i hate campy.

the "i'm fat" ad's are pretty stupid, i guess she is trying to get some more positive attention instead of whats in the rag mags

my husband likes those truck commercials where they say what they are going to do with thier new truck and the guy says he's going to get back his tools from his neighbor and rips off the garage door-he also likes the one with "taking my father-in-law camping" with the 2 huge dogs

i like the master card one with Ellen, can't really think of any others right now

newwiccan
04-05-2005, 07:11 AM
I love the Vonage and the HP commercials too. Emma dances to the Vonnage one and it's so cute. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks the BK ads are creepy.

sunflowers
04-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I love the Vonage and the HP commercials too. Emma dances to the Vonnage one and it's so cute. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks the BK ads are creepy.

What is Vonage? Dont know what this commercial is for to know if I have seen it??

Thanks!!

fatesfaery
04-05-2005, 08:50 AM
My favorite right now is the Dasani water commercial with the guy dressed in the bear suit. he's drinking a bottle of water, talking about how salmon are spawning in the 'natural' river. Then he says "Way too natural for me."

Least favorite.....anything with Dale Earnhardt Jr......talk about overexposure..

BigLyd1
04-05-2005, 09:20 AM
I like the "Put the lime in the Coke you nut (or something like that)" modeled after the "Put the Lime in the Coconut..."

And there's one with the dog (you can only see the back of the dog's head) and it's for Beggin' Strips.

The Vonage ones are great!

And I also can't stand the Burker King one. There have been a couple of threads on it here. Apparently the guy singing is the guy from Hootie & the Blowfish.

bribella
04-05-2005, 11:34 AM
We at my house like the Vonage and HP commercials

adorkablex
04-05-2005, 11:50 AM
My favorite right now is the Dasani water commercial with the guy dressed in the bear suit. he's drinking a bottle of water, talking about how salmon are spawing in the 'natural' river. Then he says "Way too natural for me."

Least favorite.....anything with Dale Earnhardt Jr......talk about overexposure..

I still want you to see the dog Dasani one. It's cute too.

NINK
04-05-2005, 12:09 PM
yes i love the bear drinking bottled water-too funny "trout free water"

someone asked what vonage is, it's a broad band phone company-i want that!

NINK
04-22-2005, 04:50 PM
i saw the funniest ad the other day. i think it was for ameriquest..if not them someone like them

there is this guy making a dinner, fixing up the table..you can tell he is expecting his wife/girl friend any minute and is trying to have a romantic dinner for 2. there is a beautiful fluffy white cat getting up near the stove while he is not looking,he's cutting up some veggies with a big butcher knife, he goes over to the cat but it has spilled his red sauce all over the floor! the cat jumps down the man is holding the knife still in one hand and the cat..now pretty covered in red sauce,in the other. he picks up the cat by the back of the neck.....just as the woman opens the front door with a perfectview of the man holding a cat by the neck with red sauce dripping and a butcher knife in the other hand!

the ad says "sometimes you deserve an explanation!" lol, too funny!

they are like a home loan place, they let you explain your past credit history to still be able to qualify for new loans. this commericial is the best i have seen in a while.

i also think that gaterade lemonade one with the little kids at sporting events with the lemonade stand is cute.

YankeeMary
04-22-2005, 05:37 PM
The funniest one I have ever seen and is my all time fav is the Dairy Queen commerical. The daddy tells the little boy they can go to DQ when he makes a hoop. He shoots several times and misses..then daddy takes the hoop down and the kid shoots and hits the dad right in the face. It is hysterical. Second fav is Woo hoo hoo hoo...love those. There is one on lifetime, not sure what it is on, but they do nothing but scream at the top of their lungs...its horrible, worse then the BK ones...truly.

buttrfli
04-22-2005, 05:41 PM
The "king" in the BK commercial creeps me out LOL