PDA

View Full Version : Vatican source: Pope given last rites

*lilo*
03-31-2005, 02:08 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/03/31/pope1/index.html

if he dies, who replaces him? will be a sad day for catholics around the world when that day comes.

Lori63
03-31-2005, 02:46 PM
I am a late-comer Catholic (raised Presbyterian) but I think he's looked out of it for a while. I hope that he isn't in any pain, and goes peacefully.

latestdish
03-31-2005, 05:59 PM
Lori, I did the opposite. I switched from Catholic to Presbyterian. I will say this much, though: I really admire the man a lot. It will be a sad day for Catholics when he goes to be with the Lord. He modernized the church a lot, a helped a lot of human rights movements in the world. I can truly say the world would have been much worse off without him.

Willow
03-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Earlier this afternoon on either CNN or MSNBC they were speaking with a Cardinal and one of the questions that was asked is who would replace him and the Cardinal said that it's not something that they talk or think about.

lpelham
04-01-2005, 07:31 AM
I switched from Baptist to Presbyterian :p

I can understand them saying it is not something they talk about, but you gotta know they think about it. He's been in bad health for a while and there was even talk by some of replacing him (not necessarily somene in the Catholic church - I don't think they would do that). They said he is serene and peaceful - that is good. I think when a Pope dies, it is a big deal to a lot of people - even those that aren't Catholic. I remember when JPI died.

Libby

janelle
04-01-2005, 08:25 AM
The new Pope will be elected from all the Cardinals in the church. The new Pope will be one of the Cardinals. Go to www.ewtn.com and maybe you can get your answers on there.

cleaningla
04-01-2005, 08:30 AM
I switched from Baptist to Presbyterian :p

I can understand them saying it is not something they talk about, but you gotta know they think about it. He's been in bad health for a while and there was even talk by some of replacing him (not necessarily somene in the Catholic church - I don't think they would do that). They said he is serene and peaceful - that is good. I think when a Pope dies, it is a big deal to a lot of people - even those that aren't Catholic. I remember when JPI died.

Libby

I'm sitting here trying to remember JP1. He was pope for 33 days in 1978. I had just graduated high school and must have been pre-occupied that month, because I don't remember him at all.