PDA

View Full Version : I have a wee kitten sleeping on my lap----

janelle
03-31-2005, 12:20 AM
and she just finished nursing and is now content. LOL, She thinks I'm her mommy. I have a fuzzy blanket and she has to suck on it but it has to be on my lap. She works her little paws and sucks. I tell her she isn't going to get any milk that way but she doesn't care. She finda a little thread and sucks away. Too cute.

She sucks awhile then looks up at me and I look down at her and she puts her paws on my face and kisses me, then goes back to nursing. Wish I could tape it. She's precious.

Tasha405
03-31-2005, 05:58 AM
Aww thats cute. :)

Eyore
03-31-2005, 06:25 AM
How sweet, how old is the kitten?

sdmay3
03-31-2005, 06:31 AM
Isn't that the sweetest thing when they paw at you? Our kitten was born last October and she does this to me still. She doesn't do it to anyone else in the house.

We have another cat who is about 6 years old. He was a stray that just would not go away. When we would come and go from our house he would lay out on his back waiting for us to rub his belly. We finally decided to take him in. Every once in awhile he will climb up on the couch with me and paw and knead on my stomach.

Willow
03-31-2005, 06:37 AM
Our cat will be 3 years old in October and she still kneads on a blanket and in the middle of the night she will knead on me. I think it's something they do no matter how old they are. Sometimes I will wake up to her sitting on me and kneading. lol

Kelsey1224
03-31-2005, 11:15 AM
I have had lots of cats do that. My current boy doesn't...but he is most content when he is sleeping up against me.

I did have a cat once who had to suck on my thumb. His drool would drip down my hand...it was really funny.

I got married and went on honeymoon and left him with my mom. She said he tried all of her fingers and then left in total disgust.

He then started sucking my husband's thumb. He was such a funny kitty!

janelle
03-31-2005, 08:14 PM
How sweet, how old is the kitten?

She's two years old but only 5 pounds so she's a small cat like her mother. Seems more like a kitty.

Cats push their paws like that when they nurse so they can pump the milk out of their mommy. It's instinct for them to get the milk flowing. It can hurt if they have long nails and get on your skin. No wonder the mommy weans them after six weeks. LOL :eek:

Eyore
03-31-2005, 08:27 PM
I have a cat that is 13 years old and she only weighs about 6 pounds. I hate to pick her up she is so frail.
Several of my cats kneed and I have one that will try to nurse on your arm if you will let him. All my cats are around 2 years except for the one.