PDA

View Full Version : Subway

JKATHERINE
03-27-2005, 07:26 PM
little old petty vent....lol

Is anyone else sad that they're discontinuing the Parmesan Oregano bread?? It's my very favorite (and the staff at all of my local Subway's say it's VERY popular)....

...I guess I'll have to settle for the Italian Herb & Cheese...

ok, that's my whine....lol

renagade
03-27-2005, 07:36 PM
Bummer! I love all the bread. Wheat is great.

evrita
03-27-2005, 07:59 PM
They could ban all bread if they want LMAO

keen9801
03-27-2005, 08:11 PM
yes that was the best bread! I really liked it too. Even tho I work in the food business its still hard for me to understand why they discontinue something that is working out well!

twinkiesmom
03-27-2005, 08:23 PM
I was bummed too. But what I was told is that they use the same seasonings on that bread as they do on the Italian Herb n Chz. It just seemed like the Parmesan one was a little more done, i thought. But now that they got the toaster they put the sandwiches in, to me the bread is about the same.

justme23
03-27-2005, 10:13 PM
ME TOO DADGUMMIT!!! The owner of my local one said if enough ppl called the 800 # and complained that they'd bring it back... so call call call!

cSoReNSoN
03-28-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm strictly a honey oat girl for my veggie subs. haha

Willow
03-28-2005, 09:20 AM
I have only been to a Subway once and it was many years ago. lol We have a new one that opened right down the street a few months ago but I have never been to it yet. lol I wonder why they would discontinue something that seems to be so popular.

iluvmybaby
03-28-2005, 11:24 AM
:( OMG that is my favorite and I order it each and every time that I go in Subway, which isnt much because I am always broke. Call the 1-800 number and also write http://www.planetfeedback.com/consumer/ <---- That is where you fille complaints/suggestions as a consumer :p

freebielover
03-29-2005, 07:48 AM
I'm strictly a honey oat girl for my veggie subs. haha

LOL me too, I love the honey oat, and the veggie sub is the best! The honey oat just works with the veggie for some reason.

adorkablex
03-29-2005, 09:36 AM
My Mom and I quit eating at Subway because they kept screwing my sub up. Pretty hard to do since I only get turkey or chicken and cheddar cheese with vinegar no oil. I kept getting American cheese (ew) and they hardly ever put enough vinegar on it. And my Dad (the one we always send after them on his way home) says they give him funny looks when he tells them what I want on mine. I'm sorry but since when is it the "sandwich artist's" business what I like on my sub?! Would I be more normal if I asked them to slather it with Mayo and ask them to pile on everything under the sun!?

Eyore
03-29-2005, 10:15 AM
My husband and I had never been to Subway so I looked online to see what they had. My husband wanted two of the wraps and I picked out a sub. Well on there site it shows you and tells you what is on the sandwiches and wraps.
My husband went in I waited in the car. First thing they ask is what bread then he had to tell them everything to put on it. It would seem to me that if it is on the menu then you shouldn't have to tell them what to put on it. Ask for Mayo on them was told they don't have mayo. First sub shop I have heard of that doesn't have mayo. Asked if he wanted 6 or 12 inch buns and he asked to see what a 6 inch looked like. The girl grabbed a bun cut in half and then started filling it.
We won't be going back. Not impressed with service or there knowledge of what to put on a sandwich when it is on the menu.

newwiccan
03-29-2005, 10:55 AM
First thing they ask is what bread then he had to tell them everything to put on it. It would seem to me that if it is on the menu then you shouldn't have to tell them what to put on it. Ask for Mayo on them was told they don't have mayo. First sub shop I have heard of that doesn't have mayo. Asked if he wanted 6 or 12 inch buns and he asked to see what a 6 inch looked like. The girl grabbed a bun cut in half and then started filling it.
We won't be going back. Not impressed with service or there knowledge of what to put on a sandwich when it is on the menu.

All Subways ask what you want on it. You chose what cheese, veggies and condiments. It is weird they didn't have mayo though.

Eyore
03-29-2005, 11:33 AM
All Subways ask what you want on it. You chose what cheese, veggies and condiments. It is weird they didn't have mayo though.

Then why do they have a menu telling you what is on the sub if you still have to pick? Example of what I mean this is on there menu
Turkey Breast & Bacon Melt
Another carb-concious choice is the Turkey Breast & Bacon Melt Wrap. It pleases the senses with melted shredded Monterey Cheddar cheese, slices of savory turkey, bacon strips, onion, green pepper strips, black olive slices and Subway's exclusive, tangy chipotle southwest sauce served in a tortilla wrap shell made of sesame flour.

I wanted this
The Subway® Club is another delectable sandwich. A taste-tempting combination of our famous lean and tender, sliced turkey breast, sliced roast beef; and savory, sliced ham with your choice of fresh vegetables and condiments and served on freshly baked bread.

It tells you what is on it so why should we have to pick? I can see telling them you want lettuce, tomato, onion etc. But It says what meats is on it already so why should I have to tell them?
My husband nor I was real impressed them. I'll go to the local subshop and get my subs for now on out. They are a lot better and you get more on them for your money.

freebielover
03-29-2005, 03:54 PM
I always just say with everything and they just pile it on. Never had a problem. I guess I don't eat meat so the veggie sub may be a little different. If you want an INCREDIBLE sub, check out a quiznos. I love their veggie sub, with guacamole. Its incredible

cSoReNSoN
03-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I always just say with everything and they just pile it on. Never had a problem. I guess I don't eat meat so the veggie sub may be a little different. If you want an INCREDIBLE sub, check out a quiznos. I love their veggie sub, with guacamole. Its incredible

Same here. I don't eat meat, so the veggie sub is my choice. I have never had a problem with my subs at Subway. I find the veggie sub does tend to be rather filling, as it usually loaded with veggies. Quiznos's veggie sub is good too!