PDA

View Full Version : Isnt Nanny 911 the lamest thing you ever saw?

cathych
03-23-2005, 08:20 PM
I think all some of those kids need is to meet Mr. hickory stick or a little bit of Mr. dial soap & that would straighten them up right away. Oh horrors, thats child abuse, I guess I ought to go sit on the naughty stool!

Steena
03-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Well, I do like JoJo from Super Nanny (or is it Nanny 911?). I think that she has good disciplining methods that seem to work. Yes, some of the kids that I have seen on this show deserve a little swat to ge their attention.

Kelsey1224
03-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I like JoJo from Supernanny as well. As some may remember, the Orm family (3rd episode) are my next door neighbors. They were the ones with three little boys where the mother (who is a very sweet person) kind of dressed provocatively.

Their oldest had problems with his father helping him with his homework, the middle one didn't eat what was prepared for him, and their little one wandered around outside unsupervised.

The mom said that Jo really helped them with their parenting skills...although Declan (the little one) is still wandering around without supervision.

janelle
03-25-2005, 02:30 PM
Kelsey I caught that episode and man you said provocatively and you were right. Does that woman own any top that isn't strapless? LOL When she bent over I wondered what would happen sometimes. I hope the weather is very warm where you live. Bet the neighbor men do a lot of yard work when she is out.

If her son is still taking off like he did that is just stupid. There are child locks for doors. How dangerous. Most of the time no one knew where he was. :eek: I'd have a heart attack.

sendabear
05-29-2005, 09:44 AM
I am 43 and my youngest is now 16.
It was funny when we watched the first show,
I was amazed at how much her methods were
alot like mine when the kids were growing up.
I don't believe in the switch. I never spanked
my girls, never had to. When they did something
wrong I simply explained why it was bad and if
it happened again, there would be consequences
but also told them what the consequences would be
and give them the choice. Luckily for me they took
the good over the bad.
Now the show eventually got on my nerves. The
screaming kids and the parents with no sense had
to go. I love Jo but I can't do screaming kids :cool:

queenangie
05-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Parenting is a lot of common sense and being consistent with children.

Those parents on the show do not seem to have any common sense,
or they just are not using it.

andreame70
05-30-2005, 05:44 AM
I know for a fact that one of the shows helped my sister out a lot. I have three nieces and at the time, they were three months, 2 and 4. Caroline the 4 year old was terrible about whining ALL THE TIME. It was never ending. My sister and her husband tried what seemed like everything and it would not work. Caroline's whining was rubbing off on Michaela the two year old and at times, their house was crazy with both girls whining and screaming about this or that. It drained my sister and brother in law.

They watched the episode where the family had the kids who whined all the time. They taught the girls the lesson from the show, which was to use your speaking voice and talk about what was wrong instead of standing there mumbling incessantly and crying to the point that no one could understand you. On my last visit, I noticed a remarkable improvement in their behavior and my sis and bil credit the show with teaching them how to do it. It has saved their sanity.

Andrea

aloha2u
05-30-2005, 07:23 AM
I like this show actually. Makes me happy God gave me the munchkins I got instead of the ones shown on this program. :D

I am still laughing at this comment:

"I think all some of those kids need is to meet Mr. hickory stick or a little bit of Mr. dial soap & that would straighten them up right away. Oh horrors, thats child abuse, I guess I ought to go sit on the naughty stool! " .....absolutely LMAO!!

Stacey =)

sendabear
05-30-2005, 10:06 AM
I wonder where JO learned all of that. She seems fairly young. ;)

PrincessArky
05-31-2005, 08:44 AM
I love the show actually..........would love to have nanny deb come stay with us for a bit hehe.......I think the lamest show is still yet to come with the up and coming dancing contest.......the ones where a real dancer has to compete with a celebrity......as for me I will stick to nanny 911 :)