PDA

View Full Version : anyone use a saltpipe?

buttrfli
03-20-2005, 04:05 PM
I have heard some great things about them as far as using them for asthma and breathing issues, but everything I have read is from international users and I can't seem to find out any info on tests or even feedback in the USA. The "natural" part of it is very appealing to me.

Has anyone ever used one? I am seriously considering getting one and any info would be helpful! :D

If I can't find anyone who has used one, I am going to buy one and post about it lol

TIA! :)

renagade
03-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Never heard of one ?? What is it??

buttrfli
03-20-2005, 04:22 PM
http://www.breatheeasysaltpipe.co.uk/ this is a place to buy one, and its got some info there.. I can't seem to find the news page I saved last night about them.

buttrfli
03-20-2005, 04:24 PM
renagade - since you are also an okie, you know how wacky the weather is here and with my asthma, this thing sounds like a dream... but its one of those, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, type things. :rolleyes:

renagade
03-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Sounds interesting. I don't have alot of problems until I go to Poteau Ok then I can't breath for some reason. I moved here from Ill. when I was 2 months old because of breathing problems.

Urban Cowgirl
03-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Their clinical tests consisted of only 50 people???

In clinical tests, 50 people aged between 4 & 80 with either COPD, Asthma Bronchiale, Asthma Allergica, or Rhinitis Allergica were tested after using either a placebo pipe or the BREATHE EASY SALTPIPE SALT INHALER for 15 minutes 3 times a day for 3 weeks. Results show that 56% of sufferers showed a significant improvement in FEV1 (Forced Expiratory Volume during the first second, 74% showed a significantly reduced number of difficult breathing incidents during the day, as well as dramatically reduced night suffocation incidents, 65% experienced freer expectoration – ease of coughing up mucus, and 66% reported significantly lower night coughing.

I don;t think I would buy it!

nanajoanie
03-20-2005, 06:57 PM
I would ask the doctor or a pharmacist about it before buying one. Seems to me if it was such a miracle invention, it would be on the news or in medical journals or the library. Try going online and search at AMA. Good luck and stay skeptical until you find out about this. Asthmas is serious and needs medication usually. Please let us know what you decide to do.

buttrfli
03-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Their clinical tests consisted of only 50 people???

In clinical tests, 50 people aged between 4 & 80 with either COPD, Asthma Bronchiale, Asthma Allergica, or Rhinitis Allergica were tested after using either a placebo pipe or the BREATHE EASY SALTPIPE SALT INHALER for 15 minutes 3 times a day for 3 weeks. Results show that 56% of sufferers showed a significant improvement in FEV1 (Forced Expiratory Volume during the first second, 74% showed a significantly reduced number of difficult breathing incidents during the day, as well as dramatically reduced night suffocation incidents, 65% experienced freer expectoration – ease of coughing up mucus, and 66% reported significantly lower night coughing.

I don;t think I would buy it!

That was just off that one page. Last night I read a lot of UK new pages and reports that all had good things to say... I just want someone in the US to tell me it works LOL