PDA

View Full Version : Grandma had to have 2 blood trasfusions yesterday

ttistin
03-17-2005, 02:40 PM
My aunt called me today to let me know how my grandma is doing. She had two blood transfusions yesterday afternoon and my aunt said she looked a lot better today, but they were going to do a thing to her {cant remember name of it. But they put this thing down her throat into her belly to see what was going on**

My sister just called to let me know what they found, seems she had a large, very large ulcer at the bottom her her belly. They did what they could and she is on meds for it now. I am just happy that they figured out what was wrong quickly and she didnt need another blood transfusion. I will be suprised if I dont get an ulcer any time soon.

Bud_Girl76
03-17-2005, 04:15 PM
(((HUGS))) I hope she feels better soon..

gal3m
03-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I hope she gets better soon. ((ttistin and gm))

Vixen
03-18-2005, 03:49 PM
The thing that goes down the throat into the belly is called an EGD .. hopefully they will find out what is wrong with her.. :)

ttistin
03-18-2005, 06:52 PM
The thing that goes down the throat into the belly is called an EGD .. hopefully they will find out what is wrong with her.. :)

Thank you :)

I went down today and seen her, my aunt was there at the time and she said things were ok for now. They are going to keep an eye on her to make sure everything is ok, if not they are going to go back in and try to fix it again. My aunt said it was a really very large ulcer, that they said looked like it had been there for a while. My grandma has always been the worring type of person, I get that from her.

With everything with my grandma, and my dh now with his arm and his job I am going to have an ulcer.

Barbi_Route66
03-19-2005, 04:32 AM
An ulcer would definitely explain why she needed a transfusion. Glad to hear your Grandma is on the road to recovery.

My sister had a blood transfusion in November 2003. She had some bleeding hemorroids & periods from hell. She lost like 2/3 of her blood supply & was so pale that she looked like a vampire. She didn't have surgery but she does have to get her blood tested from time to time to make sure her blood count is in the normal range.

gal3m
03-19-2005, 09:18 AM
With everything with my grandma, and my dh now with his arm and his job I am going to have an ulcer.

(((ttistin))) I just wanted to give ya another hug. I'm sorry you are going through a lot right now. I hope things get better for you as well. Sometimes I think that we are given more than we can handle. :(