PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting the advertisement w/ sound?

hiltonqueen
03-15-2005, 11:47 AM
I understand the concept of them needing to put them on here, but is there a way for me to shut them off without turning off my volume??? :confused:

kelly12569
03-15-2005, 11:51 AM
yes, and they are buggin the crap-ola outta me! especially the one with the guy talking about the robot vaccume, ugghhhh

hopefully I dont get them anymore since I had to restore my computer...keeping my fingers crossed

DreamWorld
03-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Yup and I turned my sound off.

MamaFairal
03-15-2005, 11:55 AM
i never have the sound on........lol

Angelseyes28
03-15-2005, 11:58 AM
OMG I couldn't figure out what it was!!! I had a pm waiting on me with a link inside so when I opened it I had 3 diff bbs windows open.......with the audio going in all 3 windows! It sounded like I was in a room full of people!
It took me forever to figure out how to kill the sound on them without turning the volume off on my computer. The worst part is the ads are so daggum big it nearly pushes the posts completely off of my screen...I have to scroll across just to see the posts. I really need to go archive auctions but I seriously don't feel like having to chase them down to do it.:p

justme23
03-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Yes... I am and it's pissin me off cause it's lockin me up... he's gonna run more ppl off rather than make money on clickers w/ that crap.

mrssnoop1
03-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Are your ads taking up half the page also? Driving me nuts. I was on here earlier this morning and it wasn't like this. :confused:

Bud_Girl76
03-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Yes... I am and it's pissin me off cause it's lockin me up... he's gonna run more ppl off rather than make money on clickers w/ that crap.

Got that right..

Hillbilly
03-15-2005, 12:36 PM
I got the same thing,very annoying. :(

katzenberg
03-15-2005, 01:16 PM
it slows down my computer.or it wont come up at all.today is a good day its working for me.i also so have dsl :(

Infin~
03-15-2005, 02:52 PM
I thought it was just me today! I was wild! I HATE ads that make noise! HAAATE them! To the point where I will not visit sites that use them..I am always on two or three sites at a time and I dont need the annoyance of some bimbo telling me about wrinkle cream...

I really hope that was a one time deal..or I'll miss this place!
:(

BrightEyes
03-15-2005, 02:59 PM
I have had ads playing on and off for weeks now, And they dont stop when you go to a different forum or into a message, they are like radio commercials that run in the background, I have to either turn off the sound on my computer or I have to close BBS to get it to stop. I first started noticing it after that annoying fly ad, thing is the ones I get have nothing to do with the display ads, they are totally seperate background ads.

freebielover
03-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Just so you guys know if you are using mozilla firefox http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ Then no sounds will play, it blocks them all. And if there is an annoying ad you just right click and click on "block ad" and you won't see it again! If you are using IE I highly recommend firefox, it has great pop up blockers and virus protection, much better security than IE. Also its free!

twinkiesmom
03-15-2005, 05:59 PM
LOL, at least once a day, i'll get it and all of the sudden it'll scare the crap outta me. lol

midnyte
03-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Just so you guys know if you are using mozilla firefox http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ Then no sounds will play, it blocks them all. And if there is an annoying ad you just right click and click on "block ad" and you won't see it again! If you are using IE I highly recommend firefox, it has great pop up blockers and virus protection, much better security than IE. Also its free!

How do you turn the sound off? By blocking the ad? I use FireFox and I'm still getting the talking ads.

freebielover
03-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Typically it won't play the sound if it does then right click on the ad and you should see a selection that says "Adblock image" If not then you should go to the firefox website and download the adblock extension Its a great tool and I haven't had an issue with them since. Here is the direct link to install the adblock extension, you need to be in firefox to install it. Don't worry this link won't do it automatically you still have to click install now. Hope that helps!
https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0&os=Windows&id=10

justme23
03-15-2005, 10:17 PM

Not so... I have this set up just like this and I almost always still get the ads.

Denise1972
03-15-2005, 11:00 PM
I have firefox and I just now learned how to turn the ads off. Its awsome hehe :)

Denise1972
03-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Go into tools/options/ and make sure the boxes Load images and only from originating site are checked. Then you wont see or hear the ads. ;)

How do you turn the sound off? By blocking the ad? I use FireFox and I'm still getting the talking ads.