PDA

View Full Version : Swaps

adorkablex
03-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Nevermind. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Aloha from paradise
03-14-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm sorry you got screwed over :mad: I've never done a swap. What happened if you don't mind my asking? I thought there were rules you had to follow when doing the swaps. :confused: :confused:

menanamama
03-15-2005, 05:23 PM
been burned two. one real bad and one that you can tell she did not even try to get something i could use...because i can't use any of it. ah well.

freebielover
03-15-2005, 05:52 PM
The swaps are a cool idea but if you get burned its no good. I'd rather take the money and buy the stuff I want I guess, I would hate to set up something nice and have the other person forget about me, or say it was junk.

ahippiechic
03-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience. Did you let the organizer know about? It might be helpful for future swaps.

iluvmybaby
03-15-2005, 06:23 PM
:( THat is why I am afraid to do ANY swaps, please leave the appriperiate feedback

kelly12569
03-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience. Did you let the organizer know about? It might be helpful for future swaps.

Yep, she let me know. And it does help for future swaps. Please check your pm's adorkablex and let me know if it's resolved, etc.

ang in NC
03-15-2005, 08:21 PM
She sent me a great swap today!

adorkablex
03-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Eh it's alright. She gets good feedback with all of her other swaps, maybe I'm stuck up or something. I wouldn't have been so ticked/offended if one of the things hadn't been old/used and one of the other things broken.

I may still do swaps.. but I'm far more wary than before. My Mom warned me about stuff like this happening at Christmas, but I ended up with a terrific swap partner and got a bit jaded I guess.

disneymom
03-15-2005, 08:24 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))
DO I need to send ya a little pick me up? I got a really bad package for one of the feb swaps, nothing on my ISO at all, all samples, and junk :( Hugs it happens, but not often!!

adorkablex
03-15-2005, 08:56 PM
She sent me a great swap today!

I'm glad you got a great swap from her. I didn't.

adorkablex
03-15-2005, 08:57 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))
DO I need to send ya a little pick me up? I got a really bad package for one of the feb swaps, nothing on my ISO at all, all samples, and junk :( Hugs it happens, but not often!!

Don't worry about it sweets :) Don't let me forget to send you that envelope :D

tracyb
03-16-2005, 09:01 AM
i am sorry it happened to you....as in my first swap and it turned out good.I know one person who has not sent hers and i am sorry for the one not getting anything...I hope you still do the swaps and you get a good one next time

shellysms
03-16-2005, 11:51 AM
I've been burned on swaps...so I know what it's like.
For the christmas swap....my son never did get anything.

On my first swap....I rec'd a box full of broken items. The swap was not replaced so I was burned on that.

I would never try to hurt anybody in a swap. I like these swaps and I always try to send good swaps.

janelle
03-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Are you talking about the Easter EXCHANGE or a swap? The exchanges are more of a gift thing and not a swap. I was taught when I got a gift to be nice about what I got. We all take a chance when we join a gift exchange and I appreciate everything I get when I join one.

I have received used things in gift exchanges before as well but that was cool. I also got some nice things in the same package so I can overlook it. I just love getting packages in the mail so I love it all. Actually I like giving things to people more than receiving them so doing the exchanges are fun when I shop and send things to people. My reward is sending more than the receiving part. LOL

tracyb
03-16-2005, 12:01 PM
my youngest dd was burnt on the christmas swap also probably the same person and i will not be putting my children in again unless i can pick who gets my girls this time

fatesfaery
03-16-2005, 12:36 PM
Since Adorkablex is my daughter, it was my intention to stay out of this...but oh well.
When she joined her first swap, I tried to prepare her. I've read enough swap threads here to know that they don't always go well. I wanted her to know that sooner or later she would probably receive a pkg. that she didn't like.

The Easter swap specified that all items were to be new and bought for the swap and that appropriate feedback was to be left for the pkg you received.

Janelle, Ashley spent a week worrying about what she should buy for your pkg. Since she doesn't know you well and there is such an age difference between the two of you, she was afraid she wouldn't be able to pick out things you would like.She about drove me crazy about it, so I agreed to help her shop for her pkg. Overall, I think she did a pretty good job.

I was sitting in the living room with her when she opened her Easter swap pkg.
It was in a small priority mail box that had been inserted into a mailing envelope and sent media mail. Inside, there were two small bottles of BBW bath wash, a pkg of sour patch kids, a little shrink wrapped wooden crate with three small rabbit candles and a bottle of vanilla fields perfume. The candles were open, one of the candles was in the bottom of the box, the head and one of the ears was broken. The perfume was oviously old and used. When she took the lid off and touched the top, there was sticky brown stuff all over her finger.
If this had been a gift, I can guarantee you Ashley would have never said a word about anything. I've seen her receive crap Christmas gifts from my family. She always acts like she loves them, hugs my family and thanks them.
This was a swap, not a gift. She doesn't and I don't doubt that the monetary requirement for the swap was met. If the pkg had contained nothing but the sour patch kids and the BBW stuff, she would have been fine with it.

There is no need for anyone to send her a new pkg. This is a lesson she has to learn if she is going to participate in theese swaps. Some pkgs. she is going to love, some she won't. It's like spinning a roulette wheel and you have to accept that different people have different tastes and they may not always be the same as yours.

disneymom
03-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi Ashleys mom!!!! ***sorry just wanted to say hi!*** I'm Nicole :)

janelle
03-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Ok, now I see where the misunderstanding is happening. Some of us think this is a swap and some think of it as a gift exchange. Those are very different. LOL

I got the package from your dot and thought everything was just delightful. Thanks. And if anything got to me broken I would think it was just too bad the post office had to throw the package around. No one can predict that. We try to pack tight so things won't break but the newbies have to learn how to pack a package since the post office doesn't care how they handle things.

But as I understand it she did get some nice things from B&BW. Hey that would be enough for me. I love the stuff and it's not cheap. LOL

As far as gift exchanges I think we all need to step back and decide what this is all about. Is it gifts or swaps? Do we need to get just the ten dollars worth or if we want to add extras (maybe not the newest or best) to it will the goodies be panned? I know most people try the best they can but with limited time and money, some months can be hard. Especially Christmas when we are trying to get all kinds of packages out to family and this year to the soldiers as well. It gets hectic.

I think we all try to please the other person with what we send but sometimes we miss the mark. Isn't that just life? When it happens to me I overlook the used things if I can't use them or use them when I can and I just love getting everything, used or not. So lets not get so emotional about the whole thing. It's just a gift exchange after all and if it becomes so hard no one will want to be involved.

Huggs and if you don't want the perfume throw it in my direction. I love Vanilla scent perfume, used or not. I would wipe off the top and use it. LOL

adorkablex
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Ok, now I see where the misunderstanding is happening. Some of us think this is a swap and some think of it as a gift exchange. Those are very different. LOL

I got the package from your dot and thought everything was just delightful. Thanks. And if anything got to me broken I would think it was just too bad the post office had to throw the package around. No one can predict that. We try to pack tight so things won't break but the newbies have to learn how to pack a package since the post office doesn't care how they handle things.

But as I understand it she did get some nice things from B&BW. Hey that would be enough for me. I love the stuff and it's not cheap. LOL

As far as gift exchanges I think we all need to step back and decide what this is all about. Is it gifts or swaps? Do we need to get just the ten dollars worth or if we want to add extras (maybe not the newest or best) to it will the goodies be panned? I know most people try the best they can but with limited time and money, some months can be hard. Especially Christmas when we are trying to get all kinds of packages out to family and this year to the soldiers as well. It gets hectic.

I think we all try to please the other person with what we send but sometimes we miss the mark. Isn't that just life? When it happens to me I overlook the used things if I can't use them or use them when I can and I just love getting everything, used or not. So lets not get so emotional about the whole thing. It's just a gift exchange after all and if it becomes so hard no one will want to be involved.

Huggs and if you don't want the perfume throw it in my direction. I love Vanilla scent perfume, used or not. I would wipe off the top and use it. LOL

I told Shelly that I liked the BBW stuff and the bag of candy (And in my feedback I didn't leave her bad feedback just neutral.. stating the condition of some of it as my reasoning). And as my Mom said, I would have been happy if she'd sent that. I don't care about the monetary part of it. It just hurt my feelings that someone would send me something used... I understand that she threw it in there because she knew I liked vanilla scented things.. I didn't know this at the time. Sort of like the erasers I sent you. It wasn't really a part of what I was sending you as the swap, I just figured you knew of some kiddos you could give them to (I have a ton of those things from using them to make novelty magnets)

I love giving things to people, I always send cards on here when I see someone has requested a card shower for their loved ones (I saw your thread in OT.. and I'm sorry I missed your original thread about requesting cards or I would sent one to your Mom.) Heck, I give gifts to people in my family knowing full well that some of them aren't going to give me anything in return. But I love shopping for my friends and family.

And to Shelly, you don't have to send me anything else. And I'm sorry that everything unfolded the way it did. I didn't mean to cause you any stress or anything over it. If I came off as rude or bratty I offer you my sincere regrets.
<3ash

adorkablex
03-16-2005, 02:30 PM

If you're serious about wanting it, I'll send it to you Monday :) PM me and let me know :)

janelle
03-16-2005, 02:47 PM
LOL Hon, but if you want to send it to me that's cool. I just don't want you to spend your hard earned money on it. I'll re-emburse for it if you do send it. Thanks.

And I do love the gift package you sent. Most of the candy is gone by now. I have a sweet tooth. LOL :o

I can tell you were trying to be nice about it when you erased your first post. These things get blown up so fast. But you are a sweetie and everyone knows it. Huggs. :)