PDA

View Full Version : dh needs to have surgery

ttistin
03-12-2005, 05:51 PM
It seems that when dh was younger {a kid** he dislocated his right shoulder a few times {around 5** Well it seems that it didnt heal right and now he is paying for it. His shoulder is popping in and out of the socket, and because it has been doing it for so long it has pulled the muscles, tendons and nerves. The dr he went to yesterday said that his right shoulder blade{looking from the back** is a good 2 inches lower then his left. They have to do surgery to fix it all.

Has anyone here had anything like this done before? How is it done usually? I know it depends on how bad his arm is. How long does recovery take for something like this? {dh forgot to ask :confused: **

renagade
03-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to wish your hubby good luck. Will keep you in my prayers.

ttistin
03-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Thank you :)

iluvmybaby
03-13-2005, 12:03 PM
OUCH that sounds painful I really hope that surgery is the key and that it will help him have a more productive life free of the popping out of joint and what not, can I send him a get well soon card or a thinking of you card? Let me know just send me a PM

ttistin
03-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Now he isnt sure if he is going to get the surgery done. If he does get it done now then he will not have his job when he is healed. He works on a dairy farm and they are going to start field work soon, they really need dh to work or will get someone else. With his job we also get our house, We do not have enough money to get our own place and there really is no way for me to make enough money to support us until he gets well without me getting 2 full time jobs. Which I will do if I need to. I also really wanna keep the kids in this school district, this is the only school that does all day pre-k around here and it is a really good school.

Dh is going to his next two appts. and talk to the dr more about it and see if there is anyway he can not do the surgery right now and maybe do something else. I swear I am going to have an ulcer by the time everything is said and done:(

queenangie
03-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Sending prayers and warm hugs too.