PDA

View Full Version : 2 hang up calls

peaceluver
03-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I have had 2 calls today that when I answer they hang up. The real kicker is they come up as verizon. There is a number and I am really thinking about calling it. I hate hang ups. If its the wrong number at least say sorry. :mad:

LOL ok I called the number and was told its a computer calling my house. If no one is available in 3 seconds it hangs up. How stupid is that. So I told her to put me on the do not call list.

june72
03-11-2005, 04:36 PM
i hate calls like that makes me so made :mad:

amysusi
03-11-2005, 07:34 PM
For the past couple days, I keep getting a call that is a recording that starts out "this is not a sales call, please call ...." and then gives me a couple numbers. There is not any identification or anything. Yeah right I'm going to call them back!!

janelle
03-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Get on the Do Not Call List. I'll try to find the web site. Then they can get into trouble if they call.

Telemarketers have the computers call all the time and the first one to pick up get the sorry phone call. I always wait until three rings before answering. Then if no one is there I am glad. LOL

twinkiesmom
03-11-2005, 09:51 PM
for those computer calls, I read once on some forum, when you get them and there's no answer right away when you say hello, hit your * or # key about 5x and it's supposed to mess their computer up. Dunno which key it is, so I do both. lol I'm on the DoNotCall List, but I always seem to get those calls anyway. Wish I knew where I read about the * or # key so I can reread it.

3lilpigs
03-12-2005, 05:52 AM
:D thats why i got rid of my home phone and got a cell phone! lol

Freebeemom
03-12-2005, 06:00 AM
It could just be a mistake. I have a friend who's number that I just can't get in my brain. I accidentally call this poor other guy...and just hang up. That is the problem with caller id. Personally, If I make a mistake and some person calls me back and says 'why did you call me"....It is disturbing. People make mistakes. I would just let it go for now, unless you get other calls like that in the future.

twinkiesmom
03-12-2005, 01:04 PM
That is the problem with caller id. Personally, If I make a mistake and some person calls me back and says 'why did you call me"....It is disturbing.
umm, don't you think that you were the one doing the disturbing to begin with? If you could just apologize for your mistake, you won't have ppl calling you disturbing you like you say wondering why you called. JMO. no flaming pls. But it is just as disturbing to get a hang up call on the machine. Maybe next time try 'oops wrong number' then hang up, you wont get the disturbing call back.

Freebeemom
03-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Well, sometimes...people don't have time to do that....mistakes happen. People are just too paranoid these days...just my opinion. If it happens over and over and over again..I would call back. But I guess I just give the benifit of the doubt. It is amazing that there aren't more mistakes now that there are more and more area codes being created every year. So, If I hear an actual PERSON not VOICE MAIL...I do apologize...but MANY people don't even check their voice mail.

Sorry, I am not one of those rude people that just hang up, but I do apologize for my mistakes. The point is to give people a break....

renagade
03-13-2005, 08:38 AM
I remember once I was baking cookies and the phone rang. When I answered it the computer voice says please hold for our next rep. The wait may be 10 minutes. Hello-Wait to talk to a sales person that called me. LOL I don't think so !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freebeemom
03-14-2005, 04:43 AM
Especially with SBC! You just never know how much they are charging you!

Lol!

TX_Cowgirl
03-14-2005, 04:52 AM
ok my question is: if it was a computer that called you then how come when you called the number back you got a person...I would think that the number that showed up would have been the number for the computer..........JMO