PDA

View Full Version : Quit Smoking Monday Morning and Still No Problems!

slyred
03-09-2005, 03:13 PM
I just thought I'd share. After smoking for six years, I finally took the bull by the horns, (lol) and quit cold turkey. Monday morning at 6am was my last smoke and I haven't had any of the shakes or edginess or anything that other people have told me about. When I went off of Paxil a month or so ago I had all sorts of physical problems, but so far this is a piece of cake. Just so I don't eat a bunch of cake

Willow
03-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Congratulations on making the decision to quit. There was something on the news tonight about second hand smoke and breast cancer. I didn't catch the whole story though. I hope everything goes well for you.

MamaFairal
03-09-2005, 05:28 PM
You Can Do It :d

nanajoanie
03-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I started smoking in 1958. Quit May 7, 2001, 4:30 pm. Never had the shakes or the crabbies. But sorta wish I had the added munchie appetite thing. Keep it up. You can do it and I don't doubt it. There will be unexpected moments when you might wish you had a smoke but it passes. Guess I don't need to make a cake for you :D

If you get the munchies, I've been told that overweight is healthier than still smoking. I believe that. My beloved Tice died over a year ago of emphysema and lung cancer. Not a pretty site.

renagade
03-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Good job on quiting and Good luck to you.

Angel Lips
03-09-2005, 06:54 PM
good luck, and glad ur putting a stop to that smoking

Eyore
03-09-2005, 07:25 PM
Congrats on stopping. You can count yourself fortunate not to have gone through any of the withdrawls of smoking. Keep up the good work.

kimp67
03-10-2005, 05:33 AM
GOOD FOR YOU!!! That's great! Me, I needed help (used the patch), but KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

lpelham
03-10-2005, 03:35 PM
That's great - I hope it goes well for you. It is funny, I never smoked, but I worked for a cessation group a while back and they swore that smoking made physical changes in your brain and you needed counseling plus wellbutrin to help, etc. But then some people seem to just quit. My dad did the same thiing - of course, he had chest pains and thought he was having a heart attack at 40! He quit right away and the only bad thing was he munched on Velamints for a while.

Libby

nanajoanie
03-10-2005, 03:45 PM
That's great - I hope it goes well for you. It is funny, I never smoked, but I worked for a cessation group a while back and they swore that smoking made physical changes in your brain and you needed counseling plus wellbutrin to help, etc. But then some people seem to just quit. My dad did the same thiing - of course, he had chest pains and thought he was having a heart attack at 40! He quit right away and the only bad thing was he munched on Velamints for a while.

Libby

I started with Tic Tacs and have packs by my puter, in my pockets, purse, nightstand. I eat as many of those a days as I did smoke a day but it's a whole lot healthier.

Libby, what part of NC are you - High Point here.