PDA

View Full Version : Elder Bush Admits 16-Yr Deception

Jolie Rouge
03-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Former-President Bush Confesses ...
...About A Coat

WASHINGTON (AP) - Former President George H.W. Bush is 'fessing up after 16 years. The raincoat he had an agent give to a rain-drenched elderly woman in a Warsaw town square belonged to the agent, not the president.

The woman, one of thousands of onlookers, was caught unprepared for the downpour the marked the president's outdoor speech in the capital in 1989. Alongside her, in the front row, stood a U.S. Secret Service agent, a raincoat, presumably the president's, folded over his arm.

Bush, standing coatless on the platform under a large umbrella, motioned the agent to give the soaked woman the coat, which she happily accepted.

The incident was recorded as a kindly presidential gesture, Bush parting with his raincoat.

Reminded of the incident Tuesday by a reporter who was on the trip to Warsaw, Bush smiled and declared, ``Yes, but it was the agent's raincoat.''

03/08/05 12:55

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/ns/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001/20050308/1255666271.htm&photoid=20050221SRGH108

janelle
03-09-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh my what scandals will we hear about the Bushes next. First W admits he may have smoked weed and now his father says it wasn't his coat but the secret service guys. I AM SHOCKED OUT OF MY SOCKS. Gee willikers. LOL :D :D

You know compared to the Clintons the Bushes look like boy scouts. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Any more dirt we can hear about? Maybe they don't pick up there socks. :p :rolleyes: ;)

Jolie Rouge
07-24-2012, 02:58 PM
:hmmmm: