PDA

View Full Version : Adaware won't update suddenly

latestdish
03-05-2005, 05:23 PM
For 17 days, Ada that normally has frequent updates would not update. (It is a spyware removal tool.) Uninstalled and reinstalled it, thinking it would help. It didn't. I suddenly keep getting "Error retrieving updates." What would cause that? Other programs like Spybot update OK. Thanks, Joy

dog$
03-05-2005, 05:37 PM
For 17 days, Ada that normally has frequent updates would not update. (It is a spyware removal tool.) Uninstalled and reinstalled it, thinking it would help. It didn't. I suddenly keep getting "Error retrieving updates." What would cause that? Other programs like Spybot update OK. Thanks, Joy

You might want to uninstalled it and download a fresh copy and reinstall.

Eyore
03-05-2005, 06:49 PM
I just updated mine and it worked fine. Are you using Adaware SE or a older version? If it is a older version they might not be supporting it any longer.

llbriteyes
03-05-2005, 06:58 PM
You may also have either contracted a virus, or spyware that renders AdAware useless. Download microsoft's Anti-Spyware program (its free) and run it. You should have at the very least two to three anti-spyware programs. Make just ONE to run all the time, and run the others manually.

HTH

Linda