PDA

View Full Version : Why does my DH wait......

Tasha405
03-03-2005, 06:41 AM
until last minute to get ready when we are going somewhere? Here I am getting myself and two kids ready and he's sitting in the recliner with his feet up. :rolleyes: I make the sippy cups, pack the diaper bag, put the shoes and coats on and all he has to do is dress himself. I ask him if he's ready to go and he says "No, I need to change". Well maybe you should have done that when I was getting the kids ready or doing one of the other hundred things I have to do before we walk out the door to get somewhere. LOL

Now don't get me wrong, I know he works and he gets tired but come on! It only takes two or three minutes to change your clothes. lol

Ok, I feel better now and he's FINALLY ready to go. :p

Angelseyes28
03-03-2005, 06:42 AM
LMAO girl you should know by now that it's a man thing:p My husband does the same thing sometimes. hehe

Angel Lips
03-03-2005, 06:43 AM
lol I believe that is how all men are...lol Well atleast he finally got ready. Sorry he had to wait until the last minute to get ready, next time you might have to dress him as well as the kiddies

Angelseyes28
03-03-2005, 07:02 AM
next time you might have to dress him as well as the kiddies

OMG ROTF!!!!!

BigLyd1
03-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Just tell him to be ready 15 to 30 minutes before he has to do so. Then maybe he'll get ready early. :D

bribella
03-03-2005, 08:25 AM
In my house it is the exact opposite because while I am getting the kids ready he is in the shower getting ready. And then by the time the kids are good to go my DH will say "ok Lets go!" Umm excuse me but I still need to get ready I'll say because while you were taking a 30 min shower I was doing 5 million things to get the kids ready.

newwiccan
03-03-2005, 08:38 AM
Kevin used to be like that until I put a stop to it. When I see him just sitting there, I either hand him the diaper bag or one of the kids to get ready. Once I even refused to go anywhere because I had to do everything. :D

amysusi
03-03-2005, 08:45 AM
DH used to do that. 15 minutes before we had to go, he would just be getting in the shower, and he would always say he would be ready on time. This happened the most when we didn't have a car, and a friend would come pick us up for church. He'd always tell the friend to come at a certain time and we'd be ready. Suuuuurrrrrrreee, never was. But now DH usually has meetings before the kids and I have to be there, so he doesn't do it anymore. Now, it's if we don't get out the door on time because I'm not ready, I'm the slow one. But like you gals all said, I was getting the kids ready too.

justme23
03-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Let me tell you... I can so relate... it is right now 11:15 and my hubby has to be at work at noon... he is JUST NOW getting in the shower! Ok, we've been married for 8 years and I have come to accept that this is something I can not change so I secretly fume about him doing this cause saying something does nothing for me... but lemme tell you, I *hate* to be late... so when he does this when I have to be somewhere... the fight is on... it drives me crazy that he does this... if HE wants to be late somewhere... fine... but to make me late knowing full well how bad it annoys me.... oooohhhh...

I feel for ya.

gshanny
03-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Mine is the one prodding everyone else to hurry and go. I get the kids going and we get out to the van and there we sit.....waiting on him to finally get out there.

faygokraze
03-03-2005, 02:23 PM
LOL same thing here!!!

Its gotta be a guy thing. Although I like to call it laziness.

LAZINESS PRAYER
Dear god ,
Grant me the serenity to accept the PEOPLE I cannot change
Courage to try to live with them,
Wisdom to know that they will not change and you will be getting the kids ready until they are old enough to do it themselves.

LOL I just made that up.

Tasha405
03-03-2005, 06:37 PM
LOL same thing here!!!

Its gotta be a guy thing. Although I like to call it laziness.

LAZINESS PRAYER
Dear god ,
Grant me the serenity to accept the PEOPLE I cannot change
Courage to try to live with them,
Wisdom to know that they will not change and you will be getting the kids ready until they are old enough to do it themselves.

LOL I just made that up.
LOL That's good! :D

We had a little talk in the car and I told him that for now on he can get one kid ready and I will get one kid ready and maybe they will get things rolling a little better around here. At least I will have some help that way. ;)

PreciousDarlin
03-03-2005, 09:30 PM
For some reason, I can get me and the baby dressed and supervise the oldest one dressing himself (he'll be 5 tomorrow) and be ready to leave before DH gets up to get ready. Even when he does help dress the kids, I dress myself while I'm getting them ready and we still have to wait on him. But I can't complain too much. They usually have to wait on me to run around like a chicken with my head chopped off trying to get everything else together as they go to the car.

kelly12569
03-05-2005, 07:13 PM
until last minute to get ready when we are going somewhere? Here I am getting myself and two kids ready and he's sitting in the recliner with his feet up.

Girl, my DH is just the opposite so I dont know which is worse. Mine would get himself ready and then sit in his recliner and WATCH ME get myself and the 5 kids around. Not offer to help or anything. THAT would tick me off! LOL

He's a man... nuff said....LOL

tracyb
03-05-2005, 08:41 PM
hubby waits for me most of the time.....when getting ready for church I send the baby out with her clothes and she gives them to him and he gets the hint to dress her then I am like one of the other moms they go to the van and am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.....lol

YankeeMary
03-06-2005, 06:13 AM
My boys are older (15 &12) I say get ready we are going to be leaving soon. I proceed to get ready...I do what it takes and off we go to the truck and wouldn't you know DH is sitting in the truck waiting on me...grrr..hehe...I always am the one being waited on. I hate it when he goes to the truck and sits, most of the time all 3 of them are just sitting there waiting on me. The good thing is, is that he is always sitting there patientily, never ever asks me to hurry or acts put out, but in my mind I am like Ineed tohurry, so therefore, the faster you go the behinder you get..lol.