PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I got to do this afternoon.....

ttistin
02-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Chase after the dog :mad: :( in the snow!!

We bought that underground wire fence thing for the dogs. Sam likes to run. So we figured it would keep him in the yard, plus it would allow the dogs to play and run around a little bit outside with the kids. Well Sam has been doing really good with staying in the yard, he knows that when he hears a beep if he goes farther he will get a little shock. Well today I was outside with the dogs playing with them and waiting for the boys bus. I was on the other side of the house when the bus came so I just ran up quick and got the boys, well the kid across the street rides his snowmobile behind our house on the way to his after school job {he works with my dh** Sam took off after him right over the wire, he didnt care about the shock :eek: He ran and ran, right over the hill out back. by the time I got on the top of the hill he was way down on another field {could just see him** then I see him run right into the trees :eek: Ok not good.

So for 2 hours I was out there walking around in the snow calling sam, finally seen him way off and when I call him he turns and runs away into the trees again :( Oh how fun. Got the car went down the road and there he is at a neighbors house {about 1/2 a mile down** Took about 30 minutes to get him to come to me, he was cold and tired and wanted to go home but he didnt want to get into trouble {he was a stray we got, he was abused before, you can tell :( **

Right now he is laying behind me sound asleep dreaming about his adventure today lol

I will not be trusting that fence with him anymore, our other dog {Rocket** will not go through it, he is a little baby :D :) Sam is going to be fixed on the 16th {earliest the vet could get us in** hopefully then he will not want to run so much. I have written his name and our phone number on his collar just in case he gets loose again, which I am going to do everything I can to make sure he doesnt.

gal3m
02-28-2005, 05:01 PM
It sounds like both of you had quite an adventure today. Hopefully he learned his lesson...lol. :)

Shann
02-28-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm glad you caught up w/ him. It's always fun when you get to run after the fur babies. My mom's dog used to AlWAYS take off, every chance he got. No matter how careful we were to keep him inside or on the leash, he would sneak out or someone would open the door and zip down/up the street he would go. The neighbor girl got really good running after him w/ us. (little stinker would always come to her, but never us) :rolleyes:

Just think of all that wonderful exercise you got though! :p ;)

ttistin
03-01-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm glad you caught up w/ him. It's always fun when you get to run after the fur babies. My mom's dog used to AlWAYS take off, every chance he got. No matter how careful we were to keep him inside or on the leash, he would sneak out or someone would open the door and zip down/up the street he would go. The neighbor girl got really good running after him w/ us. (little stinker would always come to her, but never us) :rolleyes:

Just think of all that wonderful exercise you got though! :p ;)

Oh yes we both got lots of exercise :D

Sam really is a great dog, he is gentle and loves people. A real sweatheart puppy he is. After we get him fixed we are going to see how things go, I am thinking I may have to get him into some obdiance classes though. He really doesnt like to come when called and that I worry about :( for a number of reasons.

schsa
03-01-2005, 02:00 PM
The other problem with that sort of fence is that it may keep your dogs in but it won't stop other dogs from getting in your yard. So it may not end up helping.

ttistin
03-01-2005, 02:14 PM
The other problem with that sort of fence is that it may keep your dogs in but it won't stop other dogs from getting in your yard. So it may not end up helping.

We live out in the country, there are not any dogs that run around lose around here{at least that I have seen** Almost all the neighbors have dogs but not running lose, I am not worried about another dog coming around like that. I do worry about coyotes coming around though. We have a lot around here. It would just cost so much to get a regular fence for this yard.